my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Are you a Heathen? (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Are you a Heathen?
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 12, 2003 09:16     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pagans in the modern time come in several flavors, some of which are close to the heathen traditions of Pagan Europe, and some of which (Wicca) are so tainted by derivatives of Christianity that they must be considered to be New Age religions. Heathenism however is enjoying a return to popularity among intellectuals unconnected to politics, and working people across the globe who desire a better tomorrow for their selves and cultures through the more sensible, natural and affirming principles of paganism. In heathen society is a model for respect of nature (naturalism), a belief in the holiness of all things (pantheism), and a notion that reality itself is a living being (animism).
http://www.heathen.org/

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 12, 2003 12:28     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
In a word..."No". Sounds like a new age hippie thing.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 12, 2003 12:41     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nope.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 12, 2003 12:44     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rephrase...

Not in the sense you speak.

If Pagans were so warlike how come a bunch of pussy christians did them over so completely?

That is a tad simplistic, but it shows to me that pagans were predominantly peaceful. Heathens? well, that's a different story, but they didn't exactly last the religious crusades either.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 12, 2003 15:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Heathen at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1991, supporting Xentrix, Sacred Reich and Sepultura. They were, without doubt, shit.

So were Xentrix.

The other two were fucking great, though, so it wasn't a complete washout.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 12, 2003 16:14     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mr Pro-sack, try this forum instead: Pillkill. Perhaps they can give you tips of some well shaped suppositorys to put up your anus.

And as far as religion goes, fuck it, i'm gonna get recycled when i'm done here anyway

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 12, 2003 19:58     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
They were, without doubt, shit.

So were Xentrix.

The other two were fucking great, though, so it wasn't a complete washout.

Argh. Your words hurt me a lot, dear sir.
I bought "Kin" in -91, upon first listen thought it was utter crap, then listened again and *snap* went my brain. Maybe it was just the sound of the remainders of my sanity vanishing, but I actually thought the album was almost a masterpiece because of its beautiful harmonic arrangements and good lyrics among other reasons. I still dig Xentrix, although the post-Kin stuff isn't that good.

Heathen? Why does that word bring the image of burning poultry in my mind?

ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted April 12, 2003 22:23     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was called a heathen many times back when I was at school by moronic Christians. But I choose science as my "religion" - things that can be proved not just taken on "faith".
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 13, 2003 00:21     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prozak666:
Pagans in the modern time come in several flavors, some of which are close to the heathen traditions of Pagan Europe, and some of which (Wicca) are so tainted by derivatives of Christianity that they must be considered to be New Age religions. Heathenism however is enjoying a return to popularity among intellectuals unconnected to politics, and working people across the globe who desire a better tomorrow for their selves and cultures through the more sensible, natural and affirming principles of paganism. In heathen society is a model for respect of nature (naturalism), a belief in the holiness of all things (pantheism), and a notion that reality itself is a living being (animism).
http://www.heathen.org/

Excacly how does this fit in with your 'Final Solution', oh enlightened one?

prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 14, 2003 18:43     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If more people were Heathen, there'd be less pollution and fewer idiots.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 14, 2003 19:13     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If more people were heathen you would be dead
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 15, 2003 00:52     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really? Tell me more.
KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 15, 2003 12:19     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You would have too many enemies to stay alive in a heathen world.
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 15, 2003 12:22     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why's that?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 16, 2003 21:07     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I personally think that Prozac's views regarding a 'final solution'
will eventually get him into some 'trouble' in this world.

Since the other thread is closed, I would like to add my
final thoughts on the entire 'Prozac/ Heidelarm/ fuck christ-anus.com' quagmire.

1. The thread I copied from the Al Quaeda message board will not be posted anytime, anywhere.
Everything (not) covered there has been (not) covered here.
Prozac has consistently skirted my allegations and
sidestepped my questions of him, just as he did in the past.

This guy has all the worst traits of both a megalomaniacal religious leader
and a crooked politician, all rolled into one wretched package.

2. Anus.com/ Heidelarm is the internet equivalent of a
gigantic mound of shit with a few gold nuggets hidden inside;
it reeks like a bastard, is full of disease, and is hardly worth the effort.

3. Prozac, you are an arrogant, long-winded, self-absorbed quasi-intellectual bigot who writes pointless, meandering and seemingly endless essays on how extreme music, intolerance and subversive culture "relate" to one other
- in your own mind and in those of a selected few.

The rest of us ain't buyin' it.

4. At one point on the Al Quaeda thread, Prozac communicated
a sincere willingness to "Embrace Death", at which time I invited him to please do so.
He failed miserably as you can see.

This is MOST unfortunate.
There's always tomorrow.

5. I will leave you with the same two sets of lyrics I left you with before:

Can't take it, never could
Time to end it, wish you would
Friends and family, they're all gone
Life for you is just a con
Dig yourself a hole in the ground
Push up daisies six feet down
Take a dirt nap, buy the farm
Inject a bubble in your arm

Kill yourself, kill yourself
Why don't you kill yourself

Don't rely on no one else
End it all just kill yourself

Life is just a one way ticket
Everyone must go around
Here's a bucket go and kick it
Slit your wrists without a sound
When you go don't make a big deal
No dramatics, don't overplay
Cause don't you know that we'll all feel
Better once you've gone away

Kill yourself, kill yourself
Why don't you kill yourself

Don't rely on no one else
End it all just kill yourself NOW!!!

You're a loser, there's nothing left for you
A worthless loser, at everything you do

=========================

Surprise! you're dead!
Ha ha! open your eyes

See the world as it used to be when you used to be in it
When you were alive and when you were in love
And when I took it from you!

It's not over yet
You don't remember?
I won't let you forget
The hatred I bestowed
Upon your neck with a fatal blow
From my teeth and my tongue
I've drank and swallowed, but it's just begun
Now you are mine
I'll keep killing you until the end of time

Surprise! you're dead!

Guess what?
It never ends...
The pain, the torment and torture, profanity
Nausea, suffering, perversion, calamity
You can't get away

================================

Goodbye, Spinoza Ray Prozak

(lyrics courtesy of S.O.D. and Faith No More)

prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 16, 2003 21:21     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So in other words: you bragged about something you can't prove, and you're backing down.

I'm glad people like you hate me and follow me around like the turd-bag on a horse because you hate me...

Are you Jewish? Just askin'

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted April 16, 2003 22:19     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I Would say that I lean towards paganism in belief, as far as accepting "heathenism", I do acknowledge God but not as my savior in the christian sense. And according to my friends, I seem pretty "civilized", at least for the time being!
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 18, 2003 00:12     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heathens are civilized. It's good to get closer to nature in religion, regardless of eventual classification.
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted April 18, 2003 16:42     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Humanity's biggest mistake was making the leap from hunter-gatherer based societies to agriculture. No longer did man have to live in harmony with the Earth. Global wars over territory, overpopulation, human induced mass extinctions. Civilization has done wonders for the planet.

Back to the Pleistocene...

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted April 18, 2003 17:05     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh yeah I almost forgot. Humanity is one fucking race prozak - originating from Africa over 100,000 years ago.

Various people from around the world had their genes sampled. Asians, Blacks from outside of Africa, Native Americans, Europeans, etc. There was near similarity
in the DNA between these groups.

Remember only a few genes determine such traits as eye, hair, and skin color.

There was far more genetic diversity in amongst the tribes of Africa.

Do the DNA dumbass!!!!

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 18, 2003 17:26     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
So in other words: you bragged about something you can't prove, and you're backing down.

Ah, talking about yourself again...

quote:
Are you Jewish? Just askin'

Are you gay? Just curious...

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 18, 2003 17:44     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't these dentally-challenged fucktards have some lame ass Casio-Core "Youth Rally/Circle Jerk" they need to be attending instead of frequenting boards full of people whose "opinions don't matter because they are intellectually inferior"?
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 18, 2003 19:08     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fireface: Incorrect (read the works of Cavalli-Sforza among others to discover the DIVERSITY of humanity).

I'm here to raise the noise wherever it must be raised. And honestly, if wankers hadn't shit a brick over the original Heidenlarm ad, the topic would not have been raised here.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 18, 2003 19:19     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
answer to my question = "resounding no".
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 18, 2003 19:31     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Happy Easter everybody!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan