my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » "Voivod" review on metal-rules.com

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Voivod" review on metal-rules.com
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 09, 2003 03:13     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Read the review here.
 |  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 09, 2003 04:48     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Annihilator have better vocals"? Riiiiight. There's an opinion I'll just pass by. Each to thier own I guess...
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 09, 2003 08:51     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a fuckin idiot! Annihilator? WTF? Neither band has ever sounded anything alike! Some of these on-line reviewers are really terrible. Ultraboris on Metal-Archives is one of the worst.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 09, 2003 09:16     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I felt like throwing away the CD at this point but I continued the review for the sake of you guys! I want to help save you all the $10-$15 this album costs. Spend it on something good instead, like Mourning Beloveth.

Eh?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 09, 2003 10:18     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice interview, thanks Hatross. But it's getting clear that Jason is NOT a member of Voivod. He always sounds like he's just giving a helping hand to his pals. Which is not bad, by any meanings.

O Blacky, where art thou?

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted April 09, 2003 17:41     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
True fans can see that the Emperor is wearing his new clothes.
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 09, 2003 18:11     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to be careful with your expectations of most metal sites.

Although in my view, the new Voivod is a hard rock album. I still may enjoy it however...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 12, 2003 19:26     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
Why did you post that shit review?
This is probably one of Vod's best.

Are you a fan or not?

Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I like the album very very much. I probably should've added a few comments on that review before posting it. Well, better late than never: I posted the review just because I thought it was kinda fun, a bit like the Rolling Stone review where the writer didn't have a clue what the album was about - he said something along the lines of "listen to this only if you're a heavy metal fan, otherwise you'll find the music too noisy". Both reviewers probably sacrificed about half an hour in making the text. Incompetent fucks.

I still have "Divine Sun" playing inside my head all the time

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 12, 2003 20:00     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the new album is average for Voivod, meaning if it was by most other bands it would be stunning. I just miss the total eccentricity that made albums like Dimension Hatross so compelling. They touch on it occasionally but I feel they are a little short of the quality of their earlier work.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan