my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Barney gets it right...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Barney gets it right...
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted April 07, 2003 11:29     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blabbermouth:

NAPALM DEATH Frontman On War With Iraq: 'Two Wrongs Don't Make A Right' - Apr. 7, 2003

NAPALM DEATH's notoriously-outspoken frontman Mark "Barney" Greenway has slammed U.S. President Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair for their decision to invade Iraq, saying that "two wrongs don't make a right" and predicting that things are "going to get worse" as a result of their actions.

"People have kind have said to me, 'Look, I told you it was going to be alright' now that the Western troops have moved right into Baghdad," Greenway told BLABBERMOUTH.NET in a written statement. "But I think that it's going to get even worse from now on, if that's possible. As if the footage of US troops with 'Kill 'em all' daubed on their helmets, whooping as they decimated Iraqis equipped with popguns (comparatively speaking) wasn't depressing enough, even British troops have been heard remarking on the 'bloodlust of their fellow liberators.'

"I don't need any kind of propaganda to tell me that Saddam is pretty unhinged, and I'm not excusing his brutality, but two wrongs (i.e. this war), as they say, don't make a right," Barney continued. "With this so-called interim government that is going to step in once Saddam's men have been ousted, it's going to be headed up by some American Vietnam vet guy whose own company stands to benefit financially from rebuilding contracts (surprise, surprise), and who is very pro-Israel in terms of how Sharon is literally crushing the rights and very existence of the Palestinian people. How on earth is this going to provide the basis of any relationship in an Arab country?

"Bush and Blair are assuming that these people want their form of democracy, but how the fuck would they know? If the idea of democracy is being able to speak your mind and purse the path that you desire, there's a good chance that Iraqis will not want conservative capitalism riding roughshod over their own cultural history and traditions. How will this be dealt with? More action to crush the will of those who have every right to hang onto their identity?

"At the moment, most of the Arab world is getting angrier by the day with the pictures of civilian casualties and George 'God Is On Our Side' Bush. If the aim was to create peace and subdue terrorism, then he couldn't have got it more wrong."

|  IP: Logged
iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted April 07, 2003 12:15     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
>>Barney gets it right...

I thought you were talking about the purple dinosaur.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 07, 2003 12:17     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I put as much stock in Barney's political views as I would any Hollywood armchair-politician.
prozak666
VoivodFan
Member # 236

posted April 07, 2003 20:59     Profile for prozak666   Email prozak666     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Barney = stupid

Iraq war = another Judeo-Christian crusade

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 08, 2003 01:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
180 ???!!!
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted April 08, 2003 02:56     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
So if Barney is not right would that mean three wrongs don't make a right? We have to figure out this formula so we can apply it to all the world's problems.

What's that third wrong you refer to?

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted April 08, 2003 04:18     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A few days ago an interesting story appeared on the net which quoted an ex-cia director (If anyone has come across this item please post the fellow's name and any more info about this which you may have.) as saying that this current war in Iraq is actually a part of World War 4 which is also currently happening(!!!). Apparently this current World War started happening sometime in the mid to late eighties or so and also involved the first Gulf War. So when did World War 3 take place you may ask? Well according to this fellow, the so called cold war between the U.S. and the U.S.S.R. (or perhaps it is better described as the west versus the eastern block countries including Cuba, North Korea and China, et al.) was actually world War 3. The U.S. or the west or however you like to refer to them basically won. How? Mainly through a kind of economic seige; make Russia and freinds so broke that they will literally collapse from the inside. This appears to be happening in North Korea though I will not count them totally out just yet. For some power is something which is not eaisly given up even if it means the untimely and tragic deaths of ones country men. It is hard to get off the gravy train especially if you know that the alternatives are - at least in the short term - not so highly paid... So what is this World War 4 about, anyways you may ask? Apparently it is all about the democratization of the middle east. Of course this is no easy task given the fact that the west has three main types of adversaries there: (fanatical) secular rulers like Saddam Hussein buddy who rule by fear and force over their feifdoms; religious fanatics like Ossama Bin Laden buddy who arguably are just as or even more nuts than their christian counterparts (at least through history - checkout the Spanish Inquisition or various participants of the reformation, etc. - though perhaps one has to look at these attrocites in their own time); and finally religious based governments such as what is currently happening in Iran... Oh oh, it looks like I have just lost my train of thought but whatever, it is interesting how people from various parts of this crazy world interpret world events... As for this Barney fellow, unfortunately he represents - at least to me - a large group of people associated with this so called music business who loudly tout their horns and only accomplish to spread around even more confusion, misinterpretations, and disinformation. Sure I get it wrong all of the time - and I know it! Therefore I am wary of making such bold statements such as the above unless I'm extremely intoxicated or extremely intoxicated or deliberatly attempting to cause trouble and, in the process make a fool of myself! Like what I have done quite a bit of on this website! At least I am aware of my ignorance; it is usally quite evident during them many times when I'm drunk and/or just merely full of shit!!!
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted April 08, 2003 04:48     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivodfan member:
"Dammit Indio, you are full of shit!!! How dare you make fun of and trivialize current world events when (SOB!!!) people are dying out there!?!"

El Indio:
"Well the way I look at things, people are dying out there no matter what happens, so you might as well try and have a good time while you still can! No foolin either! That is for all intents and purposes the main message of the book "Dogs, do you want to live forever!?!" which is about the experiences of the enigmatic Captain Weiss who served with the ill fated German Sixth Army during the World War 2 Stalingrad fiasco. According to Captain Weiss, the first people to die were the ones with the dark and gloomy outlooks. They literally dropped like flies! The ones who survived the war and the subsequent Soviet gulag ordeal were the ones who were more practical and optimistic and capable of laughing. (Incidentally if you ever read the book, I recommend you watch that epic war movie called Stalingrad which was made by the producers of Das Boot. Alot of the scenes in the movie are literally right out of the book! ) Heck, If you think I am bad, you would hate to meet my father! When he starts talking he makes it sound like armageddon is on the verge of braking out. Eventually you'll come to the conclusion that the reason why he always talks about all the terrible things out there in the world is because for him it is a habit! Besides, I am really not insane you know. YES I AM!!! "

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 08, 2003 09:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stalingrad=EXCELLENT FILM, I second that! I've only seen it once. I think the rental place which had it stopped carrying it because nobody ever rented it.
ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted April 09, 2003 05:34     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
I put as much stock in Barney's political views as I would any Hollywood armchair-politician.

American media showing no dead people is PURE fucking hollywood.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 09, 2003 09:27     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When was the last time you watched "American" television?
ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted April 09, 2003 18:14     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
When was the last time you watched "American" television?

Last night. It's called satellite TV.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted April 14, 2003 20:38     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow! If I had a satellite dish and a descrambler I would probably watch mainly documentaries and smut! As far as sitcoms go, I only watch W.W.E. wrestling (Makes All My Children look intelligent!) and the Chris Isaak show. What can I say, I have a thing for Yola! Mmm... After perusing through some of these other threads on this site, I'm beginning to wonder if I should have posted anything related to war, especially about my fascination with fact based W.W.2 books! I must admit that I find alot of these recent posts as being downright scary!
Now if only Yola was here to comfort me in this time of need!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 15, 2003 08:28     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ruiner:
Last night. It's called satellite TV.

Unfortunately, I've seen much death and dismemberment on "American TV". I don't necessarily want to see it, but it's there.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 15, 2003 08:35     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They won't show you any tits though! You need UK channel 5 for that.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan