my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Great Trans-Atlantic Sister Exchange (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: The Great Trans-Atlantic Sister Exchange
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 05, 2003 10:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some of you guys may have heard about a little musical project between some of the VVF members here called The Great Trans-Atlantic Sister Exchange. Here are some emails I have been recieving from fans around the country.

1. Sixteen year old Leo Bloome from Buffalo NY writes,

"I love you guys so much. You are so heavy. FUCK!!! you are HEAVY!!!! You are HEAVY AS FUCK!!!!!!! Well, I was just wondering if TGTASE could play at my high school prom on May 10.

2. Judith Templeton of Norman Oklahoma writes,

"All of you guys are so incredibly sexy and good looking. I would sooooooo like to jump on your tour bus when it comes through Norman for the show on August 12(thank goodness my husband is going on a business trip that weekend). I still find it hard to believe that every member of your band looks like a supermodel. I love to crank your song, Put Your Rocket in my Crotch, in my headphones when I'm in bed late at night all covered in oil. That song gets me so HOTTTTTT!!!"

Not all of the emails have been supportive of our creative efforts. Here is one that is a tad critical.

From Gino Hogonetelli of NYC, "What a total arrogant bunch of fuckers you are!!! What kind of band puts out a greatest hits album as their second release????? You guys completely sold out!!! I couldn't believe it when I saw my favorite band being interviewed by Regis and Kathie Lee in Florida. You may all dress in black but you're still a bunch of posers. Bouncing a beach ball with Regis in the hotel pool. WTFFFFFFF???? And why the hell have all the members dyed their hair blonde??? What the hell is that???

So there you have it....I guess you can't please everybody. Our tour starts in late April. Personally I think the entire band is most looking forward to the stop in Norman in August.

Peace out!!

|  IP: Logged
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 05, 2003 11:02     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hurm.
What the hell have i got myself in to?
Perhaps we can incorporate Mr Gino Hogonetelli into our gory stageshow Mez? I'm thinking about something with your Stihl chainsaw.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 05, 2003 11:04     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Trans-Atlantic Sister Exchange.
Is this a music band ? mp3s anywhere ?

Which remings me, CAN SOMEONE PLZ GIMME SOME BLACK CLOUD mp3s? I mean shit! the last time i heard blacky play bass was on AngelRat. where can i buy some of it also? or anything for that matter?

thx

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 05, 2003 11:33     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross, where have you been??? TGTASE has been around for a while now. Aside from the Regis appearance, we're still very underground. We're a band that goes beyond music. For many listeners, it is a cathartic experience. (Note housewife Judith Templeton's letter above).

If you want to see us live we will be playing in Virginia on May 6 at the Richmond VFW club.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 05, 2003 12:00     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mez, i thought this thread was about you and i trying to hook up w/ the others sisters at first. im very disappointed now.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2003 12:09     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best band i've ever been fired from.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 05, 2003 12:19     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to inform Mr. Gino Hogonetelli that I did not dye my hair blonde, that is in fact my natural hair colour. I will be seeing you in court shortly.
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 05, 2003 12:30     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, thats true mez. i have been way out of touch, since this board opened, i have moved 2 times, once because of some dickhead roommates, and now currently where i reside. Only since about 4 weeks ago, when i changed jobs, i took a self allotted, 3 week vacation, and then i found myself back on the boards. Also before it all started for me (online fourms) only about 2yrs ago, when i first registered at yuri's site. Well before that, i was outta touch with the scene for almost 6yrs, living deep in the woods with no internet connection. But Im Baaaakk! now with some reinvigorated excitement about the whole thing, and feeling ive missed out too. shit i kinda even want to grow my hair again !

Richmond V.A. hits pretty close to home, i have a few old friends i am trying to get togeather with so i can be re-turned-on to the scene. Currently working on getting togeather and hitting the Norfolk VoiVod show with em, mabye well stop in on TGTASE show also.

note:
Work sucks! last 7yrs ive worked my ass off, to return to find everyone has moved and shit.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 05, 2003 14:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am so very confused.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 05, 2003 16:02     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course the 2nd album is a Greatest Hits release. The label wants to get its money out of you guys quick before you all o.d. with the rest of the supermodels. As the Dwarves sang so succinctly, "NOTHING BUT HITS BITCH, NOTHING BUT HITS!"
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 05, 2003 18:32     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This band is sooo kewl. I bet you could kick Voivod's asses. I loved your cover album and your collaboration with the San Fransisco Symphony Orchestra was amazing 2.

I'm really looking forward to TGTASE Unplugged sessions on MTV soon!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 05, 2003 22:39     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and i'm gonna reveal ALL THE DIRT about my firing, in due time.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 05, 2003 22:58     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You weren't fired. The band had OFFICIALLY BROKEN UP...and then they got back together. It was pure coincidence that John Taylor was available. Must we keep reminding you?
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 05, 2003 23:47     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 06, 2003 06:42     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least John Taylor provided them the media attention they were lacking the last few years. He even secured TGTASE a support slot on the Loverboy reunion tour.

I can't wait to see them playing in my town. Maybe they will sign my copies of their highly under-rated 'Loathe' and 'Re-Loathe' cd's!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 06, 2003 07:26     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
---From Blabbermouth.net---

***TGTASE PRESS RELEASE***

To ALL of our dear fans of ALL ages, we are deeply saddened to inform you that the European "Grab Your Freind's or Yourself with Us If You're Lonely Tour" is TEMPORARILY post-poned due to Global Turmoil. We can't take the chance of flying overseas, and our drummer has a secret (OOPS) addiction to over-the-counter cough syrup and Toys-R-Us catalogs which needs to be addressed immediately like any illness should be. We are sure that most of you can relate in some way or another.

However to make it up to all the fans who have stuck to us over the years, we will be releasing a five DVD set of ALL of our backstage antics and a SPECIAL concert which will be recorded LIVE in our garage!!!!!! It will only be available to YOU the FANS who are members of our CLUB 'If You're Wet Spot Could Feel Me Now' (which is $100 anually with a diurnal fanzine release).

Once again we apologize but don't forget you can always come to the States and see us!

XXX-OOO Say no to drugs
-----------------------------

Man I feel sorry for anyone associated with this 'outfit' and those of of you in Europe.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted April 06, 2003 08:52     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wot? They cancelled their European Tour AGAIN? THAT pisses me of! It's about the third time in a row they cancel their complete European tour.

First time their drummer unexpectedly left the band and it took 'em 6 months finding a replacement (after which they surprisingly decided to hire the ex-drummer from ELO). The second time they couldn't come due to the singer's infamous accident with the lawnmower.

Guess I'll have to travel to the USA again. Well, at least I'm finally going to see Loverboy.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 06, 2003 12:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Mike Reno is so hot in those red leather pants.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 06, 2003 17:23     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's not Mike Reno's ass. It's Mezcal's. He used to be a "butt double" before he overdosed on glue.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 07, 2003 04:53     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite colour is round. Pass the beer nuts.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 07, 2003 10:43     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just downloaded the TGTASE cover of "He Stopped Loving Her Today".

What the hell were you guys thinking??? (now I'm angry!)

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 07, 2003 11:32     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to address some of the issues that have been brought to my attention by some of you recently.

Although the songs on our first album were pretty thought-provoking tunes, we never wanted to be the great poets our fans made us out to be. Sure I admit that the creation of Put Your Rocket was a stroke of artistic brilliance. But penning a great song like that(our breakthrough single-it spent 16 weeks at the top of the charts in Germany and Japan, until the new David Hasselhoff album came along), came with a great price. We moved to Hollywood where the drugs began to take their toll.[note to our younger fans: Kids, just say NO]My glue habit, the Noitall knows everything, had made me search the streets for money. Yes, that was when Loverboy approached me to be a butt-double for the Get Lucky album. What can I say, I was young and naive and also needed the cash for the glue. I don't know how they even recognized me with the dress on. Must have been the Manowar shirt I had on top. I can tell you one thing, being a butt-double in Hollywood is not everything's its cracked up to be. I guess when I survived my overdose and woke up in the hospital, that was a sign. The vice-president of our record company was at my bedside as I woke and told me he had a great plan for the second album. Why not save some recording dollars and just put out a greatest hits album? He even promised an appearance on Regis's show. I told him that our hardcore fan base would probably be against such a move. His answer, "Who gives a shit about a bunch of snotty-nosed teenagers? What we need to do is capitalize on the midwest market!" So this was how the idea came up to cover the George Jones classic and add it as bonus track on the greatest hits. I was reluctant until he gave me that timeshare to his condo in Key West. Course the rest of the band didn't know this. And the rest, as they say is history........

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 07, 2003 18:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad to say that your glue addiction didn't hurt you at all and your butt looks as good today as it did 20 years ago! I know having a trainer must of helped but a lot of it is just your good genetics. Don't worry too much about the third album because, we, your loyal and true fans will buy whatever you put out! Even if it stinks to high heaven! Hell, just sell it with a car air freshener in the packaging as a gimmick! Am I a marketing genius or what???
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 07, 2003 22:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WHAT THE...

OK I spent the afternoon in the infamous Voivod fan chat room and like I said, I read over this thread...and now I think I need to take up drinking again.

How the hell am I going to get any sleep tonight after reading all of this???!!!

You guys (and lady) are way more demented than I could ever hope to be...DAMN!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 08, 2003 10:03     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Why not save some recording dollars and just put out a greatest hits album? He even promised an appearance on Regis's show. I told him that our hardcore fan base would probably be against such a move. His answer, "Who gives a shit about a bunch of snotty-nosed teenagers? What we need to do is capitalize on the midwest market!" So this was how the idea came up to cover the George Jones classic and add it as bonus track on the greatest hits. I was reluctant until he gave me that timeshare to his condo in Key West. Course the rest of the band didn't know this. And the rest, as they say is history........

Heeeey, wait a minute! I checked my "Greatest Hits" CD ten times today and it has no George Jones cover!!! What the hell...

Wait.

Oh, I see. Buy the first version, then buy the digipack with the bonus song, then buy the CD-Extra...

Mercenaries!!! (angry again!)

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan