my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Gastronomy Domine (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: Gastronomy Domine
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2003 11:13     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, it's friday, and I feel like cooking something good for tonight. Any great ideas, suggestions, Voivodians from around the world? Any fantastic national meal that I should try? Anyone like to cook, here? Or you guys just like to eat and drink?
 |  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted April 04, 2003 11:52     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes. Ramen with catupiry (kind of creamy cheese).
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted April 04, 2003 11:59     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
a big-ass Steak and Baked Potatoes!

or Lasagna and mounds of garlic toast! (yeah I'm old fashioned alright)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted April 04, 2003 12:25     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck cooking. Call for pizza.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2003 12:28     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He he! I see you guys are into friday night gastronomy! Monsieur est un connaisseur!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 04, 2003 12:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What kind of food do you like Mal? Spicy hot or ???
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2003 12:55     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Noitall:
What kind of food do you like Mal? Spicy hot or ???

Anything!

Actually, I think there is a big difference between "spicy" and "hot". To me, spicy is tasteful, and hot is just hot.

I have to admit I have a sushi addiction. And my cooking speciality is lamb liver with porto sauce. Yum.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 04, 2003 13:34     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sushi/sashimi is one of my faves too, can't wait to get out to the West Coast for that. Lamb livers belong in baby lambs, imo lol! although I'm sure yours are delicious What about making whisky salmon? That's always good, and easy.

Marinade 2 filets in terriaki and a pinch of brown sugar.
Glaze: 1 part whisky 1 part terriaki 1 part brown sugar (more or less according to taste) heat over stove.

You could serve it with herb butter mashed potatoes (just mash cilantro, a bit of pepper/salt and some garlic into butter and add to potatoes). I had some nice aspargus the other day which goes nicely w/fish.

There's a couple of good Pinot Gris you can get at the SAQ, the Pfaffenheim (Alsace) isn't bad.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted April 04, 2003 13:57     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Porotos granados con masamorra & ensalada a la chilena...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2003 13:58     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fresh aspargus!

I do a nice little thing called gravlaks. Here's a recipe: http://www.frenchbrothers.com/gravlaks.htm

About the lamb, people have problems with that because it's a baby animal and it's cuuuuuuuuuuute. But hey, it's also very good. I know, it's decadent to eat baby animals. I'm so eeeeeeevil.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 04, 2003 14:01     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh that's a good one. I'm going to make that! Now I'm hungry...
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2003 14:04     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, and about the Alsace wine, I like Gewürztraminer, because it's fun to say "Gewürztraminer". Good with swiss fondue.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 04, 2003 14:06     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's another Pinot Gris that I like best, I just can't remember the name (it's driving me nuts...), I usually only recognize it by the label.
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted April 04, 2003 14:16     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pepper Penne

white or red onion
3 tbsp olive oil
1 small jar capers
3 bell peppers (red, yellow, green)
lots of grated parmesan (real cheese please)
1 package penne pasta (350 grams)

saute sliced onion in oil (use largest pan you have)
when brown add peppers (cut in strips) cook til soft but not mushy
boil water for pasta, make al dente
add pasta and capers to pan w/peppers, stir
add parmesan to taste, salt, pepper.
voila!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 04, 2003 16:11     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So it is friday, allready, i have to go with spacemonger on that too, i can resist a hunk of cow, undercooked of course.

one of my other favorite suggestions would be, (eggs&bacon&cornbeefhash&homefries) breakfast food rocks, at anytime..'

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 04, 2003 16:34     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
breakfast food rocks, at anytime..'

Ah, yes, toasts don't taste the same at night!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 04, 2003 17:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BEER!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 04, 2003 19:29     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thai Cusine:

1. Tom Ka Gai Soup
2. Pork Satee'
3. Pad ra Mit
4. Pad Thai
5. Chicken Curry
6. Spring Rolls

And any other stuff with loads of garlic and chilis!

Here is a page with dozens of excellent:
THAI RECIPES

And:
125 THAI RECIPES

Also: Sushi + Japanese Cuisine, and authentic Mexican.

Drinks of choice with such meals?
Kirin Ichiban and a HOT SAKE' !!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 04, 2003 20:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
BEER!

...and some taco chips w/ spicy sauce made of dead cow and some greenies!

And then some more BEER!

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted April 05, 2003 22:48     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gyros, my new favorite! Lamb and beef mixed together, with onions, sour cream, wrapped in some pita-like bread...mmmm...
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted April 06, 2003 06:51     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pounds of tender beef fajita meat (sometimes called beef skirt) which has been well marinated in some kind of spicy black pepper sauce,

FLOUR tortillas that are so greasy and bad for you they are transparent,

Sauteed onions and bell peppers (any and all colors) along with a gallon of sour cream for topping,

A few pounds of tortilla chips that are also so greasy they are transparent (tostitos do not cut it),

beans (drunk or sober, I prefer twice-fried) and spanish rice,

A gallon of HOMEMADE salsa or salsa from a taqueria or mexican diner (anything store bought usually sucks and isn't FRESH, plain old hot sauce and picante sauce just don't do it for me, there has to be a lot of vegetables and minimum sodium),

And of course a few cases of Corona or Sol cerveza (beer), limes optional,

Oh yea and get someone else to make the margaritas, you're too busy doing everything else!

**Eat and drink as much as you can**

marco
VoivodFan
Member # 34

posted April 06, 2003 17:09     Profile for marco   Email marco     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here in Italy an excellent food for friday night could be a plat of "spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino". For drink a bottle of good Barbera or beer...

Buon appetito!!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted April 06, 2003 17:21     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My wife is an excellent cook and tonight we're having roasted chicken with stuffing, salad, potatos and veggies. Yum yum!
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 11, 2003 12:25     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marco:
Here in Italy an excellent food for friday night could be a plat of "spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino".

In Quebec too, pastas are a friday night yummy. It's also great food when you have friends over! I'm sure that your spaghettis are the best, because when it's italian, it has to be the best, right?!

By the way, I own an italian pasta machine, and it's a top quality killing machine. Italian chrome rules!

To Noitall: did you try the gravlaks yet?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted April 11, 2003 13:35     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, not yet, but I will! What I did have was garlic spaghetti, which is where you chop up a whole head of garlic and roast it in olive oil til it's light brown with red chili pepper flakes, add some basil and fry til cripsy then stir into a bowl of angel hair pasta w/freshly grated parmesan cheese. It's hot and spicy and advisable not to breathe on people for a couple of days after....

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan