my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » YIKES!!! Musicians to Honor Metallica As 'mtvICON'

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: YIKES!!! Musicians to Honor Metallica As 'mtvICON'
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted April 04, 2003 03:25     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NEW YORK (AP) - Avril Lavigne, Limp Bizkit, Sum 41 and Korn are among the performers who will honor Metallica as this year's ``mtvICON.''

The tribute to the veteran metal band is scheduled to air at 9 p.m. EDT May 6 on MTV. The 90-minute special will include covers of Metallica's hits, testimonials from musicians who've been influenced by the band, and a finale in which Metallica will perform.

Metallica has won several Grammys and have hits including ``Enter Sandman,'' ``Unforgiven'' and ``One.''

Previous artists to receive the ``mtvICON'' treatment are Aerosmith and Janet Jackson.

On the Net:

MTV Web site: http://www.mtv.com/

Metallica Web site: http://www.metallica.com/

Oh damn, and to think that I chose to subscribe to the Documentary Channel in place of MTV Canada...

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 04, 2003 03:40     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Let's have Voivod on it covering "The Thing That Should Not Be"
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted April 04, 2003 04:36     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee hee, Avril Lavigne!

Yeah! Hardcore, agggressive metal!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 04, 2003 06:38     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh cheers great - I just puked in my lap and I've got 5 work-hours to go before I can go home and change my trousers. The stench will remind me how fucking shit Metallica have become.

They defile the very essence of metal. Cunts.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 04, 2003 07:31     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is Black Cloud playing their cover at this show???
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted April 04, 2003 11:57     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Let's have Voivod on it covering "The Thing That Should Not Be"

haha! funny you should mention that. I have a Primus album where they do cover that song!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted April 04, 2003 20:01     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, 'Rhinoplasty'! It ranks #2 in my Primus album charts just for the great cover song picks!

#1? Tales from the punchbowl - S-s-s-Sssouthbound Pachydeeeerm!

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted April 05, 2003 04:23     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
avril OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!a perfuck patch a record company home made artist with a band who "sold there souls" THAT SHOULD BE FUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!! pukeoramoma

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan