my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Sales Figures

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sales Figures
troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted March 29, 2003 19:25     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just wondering if anyone actually knew how much all the various albums had sold?
I remember hearing Nothingface did about 125,000......which may have been in the US only.

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 30, 2003 05:32     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Angel Rat has sold the most...besides it's the most popular recording by a band into "cyber-punk"..

Besides...the title "Angel Rat" sounds cool enough anyway!!!

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 31, 2003 13:15     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky's site http://www.theriault.net
has sales figures.

But here they are anyway, from the CV link there, I hope it's okay to post.

Nothingface is the clear winner, in sales and in life.

Voivod, Angel Rat, MCA Records (USA), 110,000 copies, recorded at MetalWorks (Toronto), 24 tracks digital and 24 tracks analog, produced by Terry Brown

Voivod, NothingFace, MCA Records (USA), over 200,000 copies, recorded at Victor Studio (Montréal), 48 tracks digital, produced by Glen Robinson

Voivod, Dimension Hatross, Noise International (Germany), 120,000 copies, recorded at Music Lab Studios (Berlin), 24 tracks analog, co-produced with Harris Johns

Voivod, Killing Technology, Noise International (Germany), 80,000 copies, recorded at Music Lab Studios (Berlin), 24 tracks analog, co-produced with Harris Johns
Voivod, RRROOOAAARRR, Noise International (Germany), 58,000 copies, recorded at L'Autre Studio (Montréal), 16 tracks analog, co-produced with Mike Amstadt

Voivod, War and Pain, Metal Blade Records (USA), 45,000 copies, recorded at Le Terroir Studio (Jonquière, Quebec), 8 tracks analog, co-produced with Denis D'Amour

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 31, 2003 19:05     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is that for the entire world?
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 31, 2003 19:36     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good question. Also, what if I go out and buy ten copies of KT now. Is that added to the figures. Like what time span are we talking about. One year?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted April 01, 2003 04:16     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Also, what if I go out and buy ten copies of KT now."

That'd make you way more of a fan than me. Bet your family would love that, too.

"Happy Birthday Mom"
"Why thank you, sweetie, its...(unwrapping)...Killing Technology...again. Mezcalpop, put it over there by the others, would you dear?"

izgoblin
VoivodFan
Member # 178

posted April 01, 2003 12:47     Profile for izgoblin   Email izgoblin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Any way of knowing if the new album is still selling at all? AFAIK, there's no real promotion in the US so far.
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 01, 2003 12:50     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is released today in Canada. Whoohoo! I'll go buy it tonight after work... if the record store has it!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted April 01, 2003 18:33     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
It is released today in Canada. Whoohoo! I'll go buy it tonight after work... if the record store has it!

If the store dont have it, talk to the manager of course, and request it be in the new release sections. Also get them e-mail out to your local DJ's
Promote On !

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted April 01, 2003 19:22     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just read the new album was #3 on college radio charts, and #1 on MP3.com
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 01, 2003 21:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was happy to see the new Voivod cd at my local "Music For A Song" store and it was even featured in one of the two listening centers!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan