my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » price of tickets just went up

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: price of tickets just went up
war4territory
VoivodFan
Member # 239

posted March 27, 2003 17:08     Profile for war4territory   Email war4territory     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it sucks voivod is playing ozzfest.Ozzy is just trying to capitilize on jason. I would much rather see the twin bill of them and sepultura in a club.
 |  IP: Logged
Tamyczka
VoivodFan
Member # 262

posted March 27, 2003 20:56     Profile for Tamyczka   Email Tamyczka     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
me too.... but I'm gonna go check em' out on both tours anwyay. One in Chicago & one in St. Louis.

Tam

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 28, 2003 09:35     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At www.hitthepit.com/HTP/interviews/evanseinfeld-biohazard-2003.html Evan Seinfeld of Biohazard is quoted as follows:
"The music industry is wack! For your knowledge....every band you see on the second stage of Ozzfest paid $75,000 to Sharon to get there! That's doesn't mean they are good, that means they have money! They (Ozzfest) will not put any bands on that have history like Biohazard, unless you have a big radio push! Labels need to spend several hundred thousand dollars to get a song played. Without money you probably can't get any big tours! We play alot in Europe, that's where it is real for us. Not so trendy there...we sell out clubs there without gay MTV!"
I have no idea if this is true or not but if so, this is one of the worst ways to waste Jason's money, in my opinion. I mean, what's the point? Voivod cancel the tour with Nile, Napalm Death, etc. to do a headliner-tour and Jason slams his old band for going on tour with Limp Bizkit, etc. and now they do the equivalent or this by playing Ozzfest. I don't get it: what about the headliner tour?!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 28, 2003 10:01     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From what I've seen of the good ol' music business (two words that should never have been placed together in the first place) this sounds like common practice. I know bands who've supported people like Iron Maiden and it's cost them tens of thousands of pounds. But I'm pretty sure that in the case of Voivod, Jason got them on the bill for either alot less or nothing at all, as part of the deal for him playing with Ozzy. If that's the case then it's a good thing for VV to have that kind of exposure at last.
This is the reason the mainstream music scene is so bad. It doesn't matter how good a band is, it matters how much money gets thrown at them. And the ones who suffer are you and I, my friends. We gotta dig deep to find our entertainment.
But think of this - it's gonna be super easy for Voivod to blow every other band on the bill off the face of the planet. Which is nice!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan