my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivoid Twice or Voivod Once and KCrimson Once?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivoid Twice or Voivod Once and KCrimson Once?
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 27, 2003 12:38     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi!
Should I see Voivod 4/18 and 4/19 in SF and LA, or King Crimson tomorrow and Voivod 4/18? If my wife and I go, either way it wil be $100 total, we can't really afford to see all three shows...What should we do?
What would be worth it? Voivod twice, or King Crimson once and Voivod once? I saw King Crimson on the thrak tour, and voivod on negatron and phobos "tours," and I think I'll probably see Voivod twice, maybe they're fresher to me than King Crimson of late...

|  IP: Logged
iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 27, 2003 12:56     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dUUUUuuuuuude, crim-SON! crim-SON! crim-SON!

I'd never miss an opportunity to see Trey Gunn slaying the Warr Guitar, especially on the righteous "Deception Of The Thrush."

KC is only playing material from the last 2 albums this year, if that's a problem for you. I think they encore with "Dinosaur" (hey, that rhymed) but everything else is 1999 or sooner. Which is fine with me.

Bring on the crushing riffs, the abrupt time changes and the glossy pop melodies!

Not that they're coming to Columbus anytime soon, the bastards.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 27, 2003 18:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON
I'll miss them this time around but I've heard some shows from this tour (don't tell Fripp) and they fuckin SMOKE!!! 4 of the most talented musicians on the planet.

I WISH I could have the chance to see each band once!!!

Here's a set list from March 25th:
The Power To Believe Part I
Level Five
Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With
The Construkction Of Light
Elektrik
Fact Of Life
Eyes Wide Open
Prozakc Blues
The Power To Believe Part II
Dinosaur
Dangerous Curves
Larks Tongues In Aspic Part IV
Deception Of The Thrush
The World's My Oyster Soup Kitchen Floor Wax Museum
VROOOM

It would be worth going just to see "Happy With What You Have To Be Happy With" and "Eyes Wide Open"

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 27, 2003 18:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have to agree with the concensus here.
SEE BOTH!
How much longer will Fripp be at it, anyway?
I just hope I can afford them both when they come around.

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted March 28, 2003 02:49     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
voivod crimson pretty simple!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 28, 2003 05:38     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tang wrote: How much longer will Fripp be at it, anyway?

I'm hoping another 40 years and he'll still be incredible. Honestly though, that's what I'm worried about...this might be the last KC tour, I hope not, but ya never know.

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 29, 2003 16:15     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey thanks for the great advice! I saw them last night they were way beyond my expectations! I wasn't sure about the new album, but from what I heard live it totally builds upon the construction of light in a good way--they expand on those ideas way more--though seeing it all live, it makes the construction of light songs make more sense and sound way better to me. Well, it was definitely killer. We were shellshocked, some of playing and music was so evil, it was like super death metal. I mean, there is some song on the new album that live was seriously like a super evil proggy slayer. I kind of think it sounded like this one F**cking Champs/c4am95 song "flawless victory," maybe King Crimson actually picked up that CD and liked it, due to the comaprisons in press between don caballero and king crimson, and then don caballero and f** champs touring together and whatnot.
The show was also funny because there were all these "the band asks that you refrain from smoking" signs, but the concert hall was filled with hazy, sticky smoke...hmm...
To boot, then my friends and I went to a "Virgin Megastore," after the show and they had like six different voivod cds for sale--dimension hatross, nothingface, voivod, phobos, negatron, best of, and I bought again....RRROOOAAARRR! I forgot how good this is--it's sort of like an exact precursor to "Killing Technology"! And $10 ozzfest tickets for here go on sale tomorrow...

Ne0rC
VoivodFan
Member # 163

posted March 29, 2003 17:33     Profile for Ne0rC   Email Ne0rC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be at the San Francisco show so definatly go at least to that!
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted March 30, 2003 17:38     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They played the title track of "Thrak" when I saw them last week. That was cool.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan