my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Happy Birthday Mezcalhead (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Mezcalhead
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 27, 2003 00:02     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

As Emlyn K Helicopter put so well in another topic, "despite the name of this forum, its about more than just Voivod." And you Mez have been an integral part of it all so I salute you on your 29th. If I had a gun I would shoot off 29 rounds in your honour, but as you know I'm a pacifist so you'll have to do it for me. With just a year to go before your slow decline into hell (your 30's) I thought it would be amusing to take a look back at your 28th, here on VVF....

Famous last words from Mezcalhead -

ON ANGEL RAT:

"So I'm sitting here in my boxers (please restrain yourselves ladies), listening to Josh Wink, drinking AmberBock, and my cat Spike wants to say hello. He is a big AngelRat fan. I know, that ain't funny."

"How about a huge photo of Terry Brown playing air guitar (I'm sure there are some laying around from the AngelRat recording sessions when he was showing Blacky how to play his bass) on your introduction page?"

ON KING KULA:

"Load your weapon you Texas bastard, we'll meet at dawn."

"That's it Kula, I'm picking up the phone now and calling W. We've given you free rein for too long.
Yeah, W., he's at it again, send the boys down to pick him up. What, you want to make him do the cactus run? Ok, hahaha...yeah, I believe that would straighten him out."

"Every time I think I'm the number one crazy on this forum Kula always seems to come up with something to blow me out of the water. Well, here we go again. My ship is sinking."

ON GUNS:

"I need to go out and shoot my gun."

"I just own a couple of rifles and shotguns. And then there is my baby: A 1911 .45 automatic I got from Grandpa. Everybody say ahhhhh.... "

"Anybody know where I can get a bazooka? Now that would be fun. Find my ex-girlfriend driving around in her Jetta, Hey baby, BOOM!"

"I found a bunch of 50 cal ammunition in Grandpa's gunroom and always wondered, where is the gun that these big bastards were made for. I know he's got it hidden away somewhere on the property. Aw yes, the secret bunker. Dream on, Mezcal, dream on...."

ON GEORGIA:

"Did someone say mullet? That's the Georgia state haircut."

"Augusta, Georgia. Land of fat, rich, white guys who play golf."

"Look me in the eyes and say, dude, come rock with me.
I think I will make this the motto of the new Georgia Chapter of the Chophouse Street Team that I've just started."

ON WOMEN:

"Yeah, these guys are a riot. What's funny to me about it is that they try to come off as SERIOUS-MINDED, INTENSE SPIRITS WANDERING THE BARREN DESERT OF LIFE TRYING TO FIND THE "TRUTH". Dude, that is not the way to get chicks."

"Went to a family cemetery function where I hit on my cousin. She doesn't seem to mind."

ON TEACHING:

"Teaching the youth of America:

Okay, today class I want us to hold off on the Gettysburg Address and focus on the third album of the Canadian Metal band called VoiVod. Somebody tell me what the Order of the Blackguards is about. (As I throw up an overhead of the cover art)"

ON BEING DRUNK:

"sorry mez is a liitel drunk
yess iv had one toom nay so forvagive me alrihtg its been aling woeek alsdight!!!!!!!
Yes, I;ve be nnn listgneng to OUter limmts an d Im in Jacxk lumdinous righ now this is a goreeeta tune"

ON GEORGE JONES:

"And don't tell me a tear won't come to your eye when he belts out that ballad of ballads, He Stopped Loving Her Today.

Shit, where's my kleenex. "

"And the way he puts his emotion in a song. WOW. Listen to 'He stopped loving her today' and if you're not crying by the end of that you've got to be dead.

Remember also that when they asked Elvis Costello and Nick Cave who the world's greatest singer was the both responded in unison saying, George Jones."

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 27, 2003 00:27     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Great post Nia!
Happy Birthday Mez, I hope you get what you asked for as opposed to what you deserve. Just kidding. Going out to paint the town red? Not with Grampa's gun I hope! Cheers dude, and many happy returns of the day!

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 27, 2003 03:07     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hoch soll er leben, dreimal hoch!
Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Mezcalino!
The best wishes from my wife and me.

Thank you for teaching us the Southern way: country, guns, friendship, alcoholism and irony. We all are your pupils.

...and great post, beloved busflower.

This forum rules.
Cube

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 27, 2003 03:28     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah Nia, such a post warms me heart!

Happy Birthday Mez. You're now as old as I am, and so far 29 has not been a 'difficult' age.

Now I'm going to crack open a beer and go open the bonnet of my mini. I shall raise a toast to you as I stare at that 998cc of pure British Spunk!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 27, 2003 03:31     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
happy b-day mez!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 27, 2003 04:44     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent post! Great to be reminded of those Mezmorizing Mez Momentz!
Many Happy Refils yer fucker.
Cheers!

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted March 27, 2003 05:29     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
happy bday bro i wish i could give you a cool gift like emlyn just did...ill send you shit shit in the mail soon
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted March 27, 2003 05:32     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oops i meant nia...nia is badass
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 27, 2003 05:36     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAPPY B-DAY YOU CRAZY FUCK.

Thanks NIA for the MEZ Roast.

Enjoy da day!!!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 27, 2003 06:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well I've got 998cc of British Spunk for Mez here but I need to find a container that won't leak in the post.
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 27, 2003 06:36     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahah. Fantastic!!
Is this how things work in Windsor Springs?

Happy birthday bro.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 27, 2003 07:24     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MEZ!!!

I will be sure to send coppies of my entire ELO and ASIA collection.

Happy Birthday!
Now...go shoot yer gun to celebrate.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 27, 2003 07:54     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah, happy b-day Mez. Now fuck off.
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 27, 2003 08:00     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Salutations Mezcal!!!! Nia put a LOT of time in you... mmmmmmm.....
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted March 27, 2003 08:29     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mezcalhead. Happy Birzday as me pops used to say!! Any man who is a fan of Abbey is a friend of mine. Have a blast today, I hope you're blowing off work. I'll even go so far to say, shoot off a round for me! Just don't hit any trees!

BTW does that rooster have a name?

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted March 27, 2003 08:50     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
**in her best Marilyn Monroe voice**

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Mister Mezcalhead
Happy Birthday .... to you!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 27, 2003 09:19     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool, I ain't late this time (I'm always a day late at happy birthday threads, dammit)!!!

Mez, Nia's post shows exactly how important you are to this forum and to the VoivodFan community. It's always fun to read those posts, that's one of the main reasons why I come and eventually post here.

So, happy birthday my friend, may the future bring you the best in life, whatever that means!

P.S.: Nia, I second EKH's words, such a post warms everyone's hearts here!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 27, 2003 09:20     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy birthday to Mez. Be sure to drink one on all of us. CHEERS!
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 27, 2003 11:06     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday Mez!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 27, 2003 11:22     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

OMG, I almost forgot Gerfat. Happy B Day to you too!
I know, two days early, but whatever - celebrating early never killed anyone....

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 27, 2003 11:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday Gerfat!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 27, 2003 11:41     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mezcal and Gerfat! You guys are both great friends! Hope to meet ya'll someday!

This forum and site would not be as cool without the two of you!

Salut!
X-D

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 27, 2003 11:52     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I never expected a cake for myself... Thanks... You're all invited saturday night to my house!!! FREE BEER for everyone!!!
cheers...

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 27, 2003 12:58     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Happy Birthday Gerfat! If you're supplying the beer, then I'll bring some snacks! So how old are you today?
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 27, 2003 13:10     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today I'm still 28... I don't feel as young as I'm supposed to...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan