my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Japan Voivod vinyl

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Japan Voivod vinyl
alicecooper
VoivodFan
Member # 204

posted March 26, 2003 23:27     Profile for alicecooper   Email alicecooper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've yet to see a Japan pressing of Voivod vinyl. Do they exist ? Japan is known for kickass virgin vinyl and killer pressings (at times a bit bright) Does any one have one ? How bout a (vinyl) OBI ? I need to know ! You must tell me NOW !!!!!!!
 |  IP: Logged
Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 26, 2003 23:35     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've seen one. A Japanese picture disc of Killing Technology. I also saw the owner give it to a friend who still has it - I don't think he'd ever sell it (or auction it off, ha ha).
troyvod
VoivodFan
Member # 112

posted March 29, 2003 19:29     Profile for troyvod   Email troyvod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I remember seeing Dimention Hatross years back. Lyric sheet in Japanese
kfactorial
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 264

posted March 30, 2003 00:57     Profile for kfactorial   Email kfactorial     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just wanted to address your question regarding Voivod japanese pressings. I am 99.9% certain that the only one to get a vinyl release over there was "Killing Technology". It was part of the VAP, "Power Age Metal" series, catalog number 35181-25. Other bands in this particular series included Chastain, Venom, and Destruction. 1988 was the last year for vinyl production in Japan, and only a select few LPs by the most popular bands, i.e. Judas Priest and AC/DC received a vinyl issue in that year. Hence it wouldn't be possible for "Dimension..." to exist on Jap vinyl.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan