my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » where's everyone from... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: where's everyone from...
jerklund
VoivodFan
Member # 254

posted March 26, 2003 11:19     Profile for jerklund   Email jerklund     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...and how you got into Voivod?

Jerklund - who is from Finland and as a kid thought that Killing technology's cover is kinda cool, bought album and was hooked...

T

|  IP: Logged
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted March 26, 2003 12:20     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
from Italy.
when dimension hatross came out, the metal journal that I have at the time(h/m) tlk very good about the record, so I have buy it

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 26, 2003 12:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am from England.

My Voivod journey began at a car boot sale.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted March 26, 2003 12:42     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm from Jonquière, Qc or Voïvodland!

I discover Voïvod when I was 12 years old because my uncle talk about them very often
(He was in the same class that Snake, at school!)

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 26, 2003 12:51     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm from Brazil.
Lapatride
VoivodFan
Member # 188

posted March 26, 2003 13:00     Profile for Lapatride   Email Lapatride     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
from La Prairie, QC

I heard the live version of Nuclear War(with Eric)on Inahale's compilation. I seek the original and got repulsions disagreements(at that time).

But...
the was something...
growing...
and Growing...
And GROWING...
STILL GROWING...
I'm now a VV freak, can't stop listening, looking, playing and talking about them

OmeterSkin Dub
VoivodFan
Member # 237

posted March 26, 2003 13:09     Profile for OmeterSkin Dub   Email OmeterSkin Dub     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indianapolis, Indiana

Bought Killing Technology when I was 10 or 11 years old. I can't remember what made me pick it up. Probably a Metal Maniacs story or something. Anyway, the rest is history.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 26, 2003 13:13       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Highway 6 (666) just across the river Styx.
IP: Logged
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 26, 2003 13:27     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Netherlands.

Got into Voivod when I first saw the 'Astronomy Domine' video. However, the first album I bought by them was 'The Outer Limits'.

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted March 26, 2003 13:44     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bothell WA, USA.

Well, I heard "Condemed to the Gallows" back in the day and have been a fan ever since.

KT is still my fav record from Voivod.

St.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 26, 2003 14:29     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CHILE!!! The land of empanadas, pebre cuchareado, vino tinto, porotos & cazuela!!!
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 26, 2003 14:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Jerklund. You can learn more about many of the VVF regulars in the Show Yourself! topic, plus you get to laugh at people's pictures...
Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted March 26, 2003 14:42     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Denver, Colorado.

I got into Voivod when War and Pain came out. I wrote a review of it for a local 'zine, I'll have to track it down!

voitulu
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 231

posted March 26, 2003 15:40     Profile for voitulu   Email voitulu     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im FROM mexico, but live in arizona.

im porbly gona get flamed and dissed for this but im gona say it any way...

Jason newsted. When i heard he joind voivod I downloaded some songs (killing technology, In league with satan(my favorite), this is not an excercise) and they are now on the top of my list.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted March 26, 2003 16:42     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm in the suburbs of Montréal, Québec... I could speak native with the band if I ever met 'em

Discovered the band after seeing the "Ripping Headaches" video on Musique Plus' SolidRock, avec Pain Sarrazin

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 26, 2003 16:49     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You should have gone to the Weekend Extreme signing last June, Ynys - there was hardly anyone there so talking to the band was not a problem. I can't believe so many people passed on that opportunity! I guess it was pre the new release/Jason tho, maybe when some weren't as excited to meet the band?
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 26, 2003 17:09     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nia, there is nothing funny about my photo in the show yourself thread. The doctors are trying to help me, but they keep dying!

Btw, I'm from Winnipeg and have been into Voivod since my buddy bought War And Pain back in the day coz the cover looked cool. I've been addicted ever since.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 26, 2003 17:35     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Augusta, Georgia. Land of fat, rich, white guys who play golf.
Speaking of golf, we have this little tournament called the Masters each year. This year you will hear quite a bit about it as several groups will be protesting. Check this out: NOW, the feminists, Rainbow Coalition, Jesse Jackson's group, and the Ku Klux Klan. Plus fifteen or so other groups. One will even be protesting sin. I may go take a sign out too and protest VV being on Ozzfest this year. You know, just to add some color.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 26, 2003 18:56     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Originally L.A. California - now in St. Cloud, MN.
First exposure to Voivod was a friend playing me a "brand new" Mass of Sonic Chaos called
'Korgull the Exterminator'
EXTREMELY loud on a stereo with HUGE speakers,
and I was hooked for life.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 26, 2003 19:29     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I may go take a sign out too and protest VV being on Ozzfest this year. You know, just to add some color.

LOL!

Moro Jerklund! Vuodesta '87 "Brain Scan":n kuulemisen jälkeen ikuisesti Voivodfani! Kun sais nuo paskiaiset joku päivä tännekin Jumalan selän taakse paukuttamaan.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 26, 2003 19:33     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Detroit
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted March 26, 2003 19:52     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Greetings from Valley,Alabama which is about an hour from Atlanta, GA. That's where I attend a majority of the gigs I go to. Atlanta is where I first saw Voivod & became a fan then, when they opened for Celtic Frost in '86.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 26, 2003 20:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LD, still no luck with your email man. I can't figure it out.
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 27, 2003 06:02     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm from East Germany.
The older brother of my best friend at school hooked me on VOIVOD after "Dimension Hatröss".

Tamyczka
VoivodFan
Member # 262

posted March 27, 2003 21:15     Profile for Tamyczka   Email Tamyczka     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
near St. Louis, Missouri

Been listening to Voivod for many a years, seen many a shows, (dating way back to the days of touring with the likes of Celtic Frost and Kreator (on Killing Technology tour'87). ) One live show, and been a fan ever since

Tam

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan