my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » How long can you last without the Net?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How long can you last without the Net?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 24, 2003 09:11     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd love to say I could go without logging on to the net for a week, but I know this is pure fiction.

I guess two days at the most. Fuck me thats sad. I need to get out a bit.

|  IP: Logged
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 24, 2003 09:17     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
As long as there's women and booze available, I can live without it.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those available at my job, so...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 24, 2003 11:42     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At home... no problem. I've had a big stint with no internet until recently, so I found I can do without.

At work, however, FORGET ABOUT IT! I work at a really small company with some pretty dull people... so I'm online all day.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 24, 2003 12:44     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I once went a week, but it was early in my internetting and I hadn't yet build up the addiction I have today. I can go almost 24 hours without it, but then I start having withdrawls. Sometimes, a quick 5 or 10 minute fix will carry me if I'm busy with real-life stuff.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 24, 2003 12:52     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I usually average about 4-5 weeks a year offline - when I'm out of town and on holidays! This usually means I'm out camping out in the wilderness somewhere or at my parents place. Of course if I'm staying at my parents place I usually can't resist the urge to drop by a local internet cafe at least once or twice in a week and quickly get in touch with some of my favorite sites. My parents view computers and the internet as being basically evil which I find to be quite amusing though sometimes it frustrates me. When I'm back home in New Wrestlingminster, B.C., I average between 1-5 hours on the internet per day! Don't worry, I also watch T.V. at the same time so am usually darting back and forth from screen to screen...
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 24, 2003 13:24     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My name is Noitall and I'm an internet addict. When I try to break my addiction I end up in friend's houses riffling through their desks for the scrap of paper with the dial-up pswd (unless they've helpfully saved it or have ADSL - god bless them). Visits at my mother's end up with her looking at the back of my head while I sit in front of her computer. Now there's that damn chat (HatrossRig, I blame you) to suck me in farther. Every so often I entertain the idea of going somewhere w/o net access for a week or two but then I start laughing uncontrollably at the absurdity of the idea...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 24, 2003 16:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I feel I'm missing out on something if I don't get on a couple times a day...it's partly the fault of this site, and wondering what you crazy fuks are talking about
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 24, 2003 18:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too have a serious problem with net addiction. It actually makes me wonder how I made it prior to this fucking computer. I know I don't play as much guitar and read in my off time as before. As ya'll all know my system got hit by lightning a couple of weeks ago and that was actually painful. What the hell is my problem??? Course reading Noitall's post I don't feel so bad. LOL!!!
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 24, 2003 18:32     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
If I didn't have to keep up on all the BIG BROTHER nonsense of President George X-D, I'd be on half as much. I have read the indie media to find out how we're all being led by the TECHNOCRATIC MANIPULATORS.

Blabbermouth and Voivodfan are a constant source of enjoyment. Did you read the latest on how Lars won't talk about politics publicly (unless its about other musicians, of course) its quite funny. Ya' know there was a distant memory of an album.....hmm, what was it, "And Justice For" something, or other, I think it had political commentary on it. A distant memory.

Anyhow, hes a wimp.

"No More Control,
Leave Minds, Alone"

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 24, 2003 18:55     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am not addicted, but I am very dependant.

My favorite hobby is music:
creating it, discussing it, writing about it, and discovering it.
The internet is an absolutely indispensible tool for all of the above.

It is also the ultimate source for gathering information on any given subject,
second (maybe) to only the library.

It is also the cheapest means to communicate with friends and family back in California.

I would be not be FUCKED without my WWW,
but I sure would miss it badly if it were to go away.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 25, 2003 04:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I'm not addicted. No way. I keep visiting my favourite sites twice a day just to make sure I won't miss anything interesting. I can go two or three days easily without internet. Per year, that is.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 25, 2003 04:34     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It stops me getting bored at work. But once I'm outta this dump it takes a back seat. Although I am strangely begining to look forward to monday mornings, just to get back online and see what I've missed. Oh bollocks. I'm addicted too. Dammit.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 25, 2003 07:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
It stops me getting bored at work. But once I'm outta this dump it takes a back seat. Although I am strangely begining to look forward to monday mornings, just to get back online and see what I've missed. Oh bollocks. I'm addicted too. Dammit.

ADMITTING IT IS THE FIRST STEP

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan