my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Book Readers (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Book Readers
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted January 05, 2004 15:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Love Sci-fi? Try Stefan Wul. He was a french author who wrote a lot of psychedelic stuff. Remember the 70's animation film "La Planète sauvage"? Well, this movie was based on his novel "Oms en série", which I am reading as we speak. It's a novel in which human beings (called "oms") are small pets to an alien race called "draags".

But the book that really blew my mind is called "Noô". It's one of the best sci-fi novels I have ever read. It's not only a good SF novel, it's a great novel, period. Read it in french, if you can!

Read THIS about Wul's death.

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 05, 2004 22:04     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldorrröööaaarrr:
Love Sci-fi? Try Stefan Wul. He was a french author who wrote a lot of psychedelic stuff. Remember the 70's animation film "La Planète sauvage"? Well, this movie was based on his novel "Oms en série", which I am reading as we speak. It's a novel in which human beings (called "oms") are small pets to an alien race called "draags".

But the book that really blew my mind is called "Noô". It's one of the best sci-fi novels I have ever read. It's not only a good SF novel, it's a great novel, period. Read it in french, if you can!

Read THIS about Wul's death.

I'm a big fan of "La Planète Sauvage" and "Time Masters" movie so I should check this out.

My favorite author is Alexandro Jodorowsky, he usually do stories for comic artist. His most known work is "The Incal" saga with Moebius drawing. I have read is auto-biographie caller "La Danse de la réalité" in french. It"s really interesting and mind bending.

I use to read Lovecraft too, the next I will read is a Bernard Werber "Les Fourmis".

I'm looking for Michael Moorcock works but I do not know where to start. I still wonder if the title of Voivod song The Multiverse go anything to do with his books.

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 05, 2004 22:18     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Start with the Elric Saga. I think that's where he got started...and eventually it all gets out of hand but it's all pretty good stuff. Elric of Melnibone is the first one. I think the second one is Sailor on the Seas of Fate, then The Weird of the White Wolf, then I have no idea what comes next. There are a lot of them though so if you haven't read any you have a lot to look forward to. It's been years since I read those...maybe time to go digging through the used bookstores.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted January 11, 2004 19:32     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been going through a slow period, book-wise. Unfortunately I read really fast and so I go through a lot of books. My book collection is about like Schroeder's cd collection! Mostly sci-fi/fantasy but I've got a little of everything. Recent reads:

Exchange of Hostages - Susan R. Mathews
Prisoner of Conscience - Susan R. Mathews
all of Katharine Kerr's Deverry books (they go back and forth in time, you kinda have to read them all at once...)
White Wolf - David Gemmell
Dark Moon - David Gemmell
all of Janny Wurts' Wars of Light and Shadow series
Dragonsong/Dragonsinger - Anne McCaffrey (most of hers are good, but I like the Pern books best)
A Long Hot Summoning - Tanya Huff (again, most of her books are good, but the Keeper series is hilarious...starting with a pit to hell that talks to itself)

I'll probably be re-reading the Harry Potter books in the near future. And I may also revisit Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth series for the 100th time. But right now - for the first time ever - I am reading the Lord of the Rings. I have read all of the imitators, so it's long past time for me to read the original.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 12, 2004 16:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi/fantasy, but if you haven't read Connie Willis's books, check her out. My favorite is To Say Nothing of the Dog. Doomsday Book, I think that's the title, is also good.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 22, 2004 18:34     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah since i have no computer I get a lot of reading done these days.

The most recent:

Clubland(Frank Owen): This is good stuff involving the slow decline of rave love clubs in America. Owen's writing is terrific and will keep the pages turning. Turns into something better than a good crime novel.

Judgement Ridge(I forget): Remember the murders of those those two Dartmouth Profs like 3 years ago killed by those two young punks. THis is the story about all that which makes one feel pretty sick toward the end.

Darwin, Marx, Wagner(Jacques Barzon):Study of these three folk and why they made such an impact. Just gotten into this and its blowing my creationist/capitalist beliefs out of the water(and that was a joke suckers).

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan