my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Where's all the SOLOS?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where's all the SOLOS?
Paulie
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 255

posted March 24, 2003 00:57     Profile for Paulie   Email Paulie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm VERY dissappointed in the lack of Piggy SOLOS on this new one! I bought it the day of release, played it multiple times daily, pretty much know it backwards and forwards, and it IS growing on me more each time, but man I really miss some razor-sharp lines from Piggy. And what IS present, is very reserved... What gives?

And while I'm bitching, I'm really not looking forward to paying $45 to get into Ozzfest, just to see Voivod and leave, lord knows I have NO interest in seeing anyone else there.

Oh well, what a foot to start on!

I'm a LONGTIME Voivod fan, saw them for the first time in 86 opening for Celtic Frost (I was 15 at the time), saw them 5 more times since. Can't wait.

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 24, 2003 01:17     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paulie:
I'm VERY dissappointed in the lack of Piggy SOLOS on this new one! I bought it the day of release, played it multiple times daily, pretty much know it backwards and forwards, and it IS growing on me more each time, but man I really miss some razor-sharp lines from Piggy. And what IS present, is very reserved... What gives?

And while I'm bitching, I'm really not looking forward to paying $45 to get into Ozzfest, just to see Voivod and leave, lord knows I have NO interest in seeing anyone else there.

Oh well, what a foot to start on!

I'm a LONGTIME Voivod fan, saw them for the first time in 86 opening for Celtic Frost (I was 15 at the time), saw them 5 more times since. Can't wait.

I have to say, I'm with you, Paulie.

Piggy is the star attraction for myself and many other fans of his spectacularly
dissonant chord progressions and relentless ripping headache lead breaks.

::Raises Stein::
Here's to the next Voivod album, and to finding Piggy's re-discovered
domination all over it.

(and welcome to the forum)

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 24, 2003 09:08     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wish there were more solos too. His fucked up "Piggy chords" are there, which is awesome, but the guy is an amazing lead player who should have done at least one long kick-ass solo on the album. Maybe next one.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan