my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Stupid Joke Time

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stupid Joke Time
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 23, 2003 23:19     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
An Irishman, an Italian, and a Polish guy are in a bar.
They are having a good time and all agree that the bar is a nice place.

Then the Irishman says,
"Aye, this is a nice bar, but where I come from, back in Dublin, there's a better one.
At McDougal's, you buy a drink, you buy another drink,
and McDougal himself will buy your third drink!"
The others agree that sounds like a nice place.

Then the Italian says,
"Yeah, that's a nice bar, but where I come from, there's a better one.
Over in Brooklyn, there's this place, Vinny's.
At Vinny's, you buy a drink, Vinny buys you a drink.
You buy anudda drink, Vinny buys you anudda drink."
Everyone agrees that sounds like a great bar.

Then the Polish guy says,
"You think that's great?
Where I come from, there's this place called Warshowski's.
At Warshowski's, they buy you your first drink,
they buy you your second drink,
they buy you your third drink,
and then, they take you in the back and get you laid!"

"Wow!" say the other two. "That's fantastic! Did that actually happen to you?"

"No," replies the Polish guy, "but it happened to my sister!"

|  IP: Logged
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted March 23, 2003 23:58     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Tangento you are a worthless pile of shit!! FUCK OFF kid!! What's up with the bigoted joke?
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 24, 2003 00:33     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fireface:
Tangento you are a worthless pile of shit!! FUCK OFF kid!! What's up with the bigoted joke?

Excuse me?
Kid?
Bigoted?

For one, you don't know me, so don't come in here all
high and mighty passing your fucking judgements around.

I have relatives who are Jewish, and they tell the funniest Jew jokes I have ever heard.

The problem is, there is always some PC prima-donna fuckhead running
around taking themselves and the world around them WAY too seriously,
and thinking they know what's best for everyone else.

So either lighten up or get the fuck away from my thread.

Paulie
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 255

posted March 24, 2003 01:01     Profile for Paulie   Email Paulie     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm Irish, but love Irish jokes. Have a Coke and a smile, kids. If you can't laugh at yourself, you need to get laid more.

"Stereotypes hurt because they're true." - Some guy

If anything, I'd like to keep this limited to Voivod stuff, but hey, that's just me.

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted March 24, 2003 01:32     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd like to see other people's reactions to this joke. I can understand Tangento wanting to defend himself but obviously he enjoys slamming people of Polish descent.

I will not stand for it.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 24, 2003 01:50     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think the guy was at the bar at the same time as his sister dumb-ass. He heard that people bought her some drinks and then she got drunk so they took her out back and fucked her. For all we know, it might have been HER idea.

Lighten up dude (or dudette whatever the hell you are), the races in the joke are interchangeable.

Funny joke Tangento!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 24, 2003 02:11     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
I'd like to see other people's reactions to this joke. I can understand Tangento wanting to defend himself but obviously he enjoys slamming people of Polish descent.

I will not stand for it.

Let me put it to you this way.
I am not a joke-teller.
I have posted maybe 3 jokes in the 5 years I have been online.
This thread was simply an attempt to provide a laugh during a
very tense time on planet Earth.

I am certainly not a bigot, and I do NOT pick on Polish people
or people of any other race or nationality.

One of the best bands I have discovered over the last few years is Armia;
...who are not only Polish, they are Christian to boot.

Polish jokes have been around for many more years than you and I combined,
as have Jew Jokes, Irish Jokes and jokes about long-haired white American dudes like myself.
It is all relative, all in fun, and all interchangable as Nuke stated before.

It is a hell of alot more offensive to go around spouting crap like
"fuck off" and "worthless pile of shit"
than it is to tell a completely harmless, generic bar room joke.

So just ease up.

By the way, are you by chance a BASS PLAYER?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 24, 2003 09:15     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not Irish, Italian, Polish, nor Jewish.

But I like the joke anyway!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 24, 2003 10:06     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah, I quite don't get your point, Fireface.
Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted March 24, 2003 10:25     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Morning has come and I've sobered up and calmed down a bit. I reacted a bit harshly and owe Tangento an apology. Sorry buddy.

I will say this though: I am SO sicked and tired of my Polish heritage continually denigrated. I've withstood hearing this rubbish for my whole life. So yeah, I'm a bit sensitive about this issue.

To everyone: Please refrain from posting ethnic jokes of all types that frame these persons in a disrespectful light.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 24, 2003 10:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That was fuckin hilarious. My wife is half Polish and half Ukrainian. That makes her a PUKE !!!lol

Lighten up fireface, it's only a fuckin joke. Some people take shit way too seriously. Fuck being politically correct, a good joke is a good joke. I don't get my shit in a knot over Scottish jokes - wait a minute, the Scottish ARE a joke! Bwahahahah!!!

Fireface
VoivodFan
Member # 51

posted March 24, 2003 10:44     Profile for Fireface   Email Fireface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Fuck being politically correct

The PC movement obviously in certain circumstances has gotten out of control.

I will say this though: More often than not, dismissing statements by refering to it as PC grandstanding provides cover for bigots worldwide.

Most Polish jokes demean the intelligence of my people. So what are you saying, I'm being PC for standing up to those insults?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 24, 2003 11:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah!! And you guys better stop knockin' the Welsh and all!

Well Tan, that was rather a funny joke. Heres one about 'your people'.

@@@@@@

You are the President of the U.S.A. and you've just learned that there is an asteroid headed for France that will wipe out their entire country.

It is scheduled to hit about 2.30 a.m. in just two days time from now. You have enough ships and military personnel nearby to evacuate them safely, but they are on stand-by to ship out to Iraq

Your question: do you set the VCR to record the asteroid hitting France,or do you stay up to watch it live?

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 24, 2003 12:29     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
So what are you saying, I'm being PC for standing up to those insults?

You're being too damn sensitive is what I'm saying.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 24, 2003 16:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought it was funny...that's why it's a JOKE.

No harm was ment by it. I certainly don't want to see this site wipped clean of jokes, it's one of the reasons the forum is so cool. People from all over the world post jokes cracking on others, but it's all in fun...hell, that would mean no more Irish drinking jokes, and that would suck.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan