my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » A thread for the ages. (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: A thread for the ages.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 21, 2003 09:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm 87 and one half. I have had many wives, sometimes more than one at a time which isn't necessarily frowned upon in Dubai which is where I think I buried the two of them.

I have thirty children, some of them ginger haired which makes me think I should discount them or maybe have them suffixed onto the non-ginger kids, ok, I have 23 (+7g) kids. And since at least five of the children can be considered Welsh I have 18 grandchilden and one great-grandchild. Them Welsh ones breed like fucking rabbits, man.

I've never liked Voivod, tell you the truth. Benny Goodman, now thats music!

|  IP: Logged
Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 21, 2003 09:14     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*cough* Mr. Kopter, I'm still waiting for my child support cheques for our love child, Michel... you can't possibly expect Mr. Newsted to foot all of the bills.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 21, 2003 15:03     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm afraid, Miss Ono, that you'll have to stand in line at the back of a very, very long queue.

I do remember the insemination, though. It was sometime during the sixties in London. I chucked you in Francis Bacon (the artist, not the guy who invented bacon) made a clumsy drunken pass at me and I thought I was 'in there'. Sadly he was only after hot buggery but he did give me a set of paints and brushes afterwards.

You asked out some geek from the Rolling Stones when you were on the rebound. No, Adam and the Ants was it? Beatles? Some fucking insect-based combo.

Anyway, I sent you that little drum kit for Michel years back, plus those crappy brushes and paints Bacon gave me. Christ, don't tell me you used them yourself? People called you an artist back then because they were out of their minds on acid! You can't actually paint.

Oh yes, nearly forgot. You got 'checked up' afterwards didn't you? I'd certainly suggest you think about it. Fucking syph worms burrowing in my back! Killa-itchi!!

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 21, 2003 15:45     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i can't really compete with a heartwarming reunion like the one above... However, I digress: I am either 31 or 32, I am currently unsure which. Hang on...
I'm 31, I just asked my girlfriend for confirmation.

I think that relapse must be the result of the current war and the glass of red wine I've had.
First heard 'War and Pain' lent to me by a fellow paperboy; thought it was rubbish.
I preferred the ManoWar album he lent me.

God help me.

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 21, 2003 16:53     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Kopter,

As a visible minority I am used to having to stand at the end of the queue. You gaiijin always think a Japanese girl is exotic until there is a baby to feed and clothe. A baby cannot eat a drum kit or paint brushes. Obviously our child had malnutrition, do you feel no guilt when you look at his skinny arms and legs? The little red shorts he wore could have been replaced if you had sent child support. Do not change the subject by criticizing my art! Temë kono-yarö!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 21, 2003 16:57     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha, you guys rule!!!
Puresound
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 252

posted March 21, 2003 17:03     Profile for Puresound   Email Puresound     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

I have been a fan since Dimension

St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted March 21, 2003 20:28     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah... I'm kicking 35 this year.
Yeah I dig it.
I still get carded for beer....
That sucks.

St.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 22, 2003 03:45     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
16. Youngest guy here. Picked up Hatross in a Car Boot sale two years ago.
Why do you want to know anyway?

Another interesting point to me is..
VoiVods listeners span across 3 generations of age groups.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 22, 2003 12:14     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah, Yoke! Now I remember why I chucked you in. I assure you that if I had a spare five pound note I would have forwarded it along to you and baby Michel, but I had my Fabragé Egg collection to consider!

And surely, as a stuggling 'artist' you will at some point have found that paints can indeed be eaten?

raiderart
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 248

posted March 22, 2003 16:00     Profile for raiderart   Email raiderart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just turned 35...fan since War and Pain

get this, I'm cranking the new cd, and my 6 year old asks how to spell "voivod" so I show him the cd cover. He leaves the room and comes back in with a hand-made cardboard sign which says "VOIVOD is the dest!"

Okay, so he spelled "best" wrong. But, getting "Voivod" right ought ta count for something!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 22, 2003 21:55     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe, you know how it is with us American mechanics. Sub-Intellect,Shitty spelling,Big ass fingers, Not to mention my black as night keyboard.

Plz ignore my post upto 48hrs, I have a chronic editing problem.

Signed....
are there any proof readers available ?

Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 23, 2003 03:06     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm 28.

My first Voivod: two NothingFace songs (Into My Hypercube / Missig Sequences) on a mixed tape given from a friend.

My second Voivod: Negatron.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 23, 2003 20:53     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just turned 34 last month, My wife just turned 30 a couple of days ago (now she knows how it really feels )

I just got re-aquainted with my 16 year old daughter last november, and everything has been great since!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 24, 2003 02:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2003 - 1974 = 29
A matter of fact, I'm EXACTLY 11 years Jasonic's junior.

Fan of Voivod since 1989. Bought some tape called Nothingface because the cover looked trippy. I don't regret it.

ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted March 24, 2003 02:30     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
30 years old, very close to 31. "I passed the entry to the system" when I bought Hatröss on a whim, back in '88.
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 24, 2003 02:44     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great, so I get to be the senior fucking citizen around here?

39 and holding, this last Feb.
(and still get carded often)

Fan since hearing 'Korgull' soon after RRROOOAAARRR came out.

UPDATE:
hahaa just noticed Granny... oops I mean Noitall's post.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 24, 2003 03:38     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
29. "Brain Scan" first, then the whole DH, Nothingface, KT etc.
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 27, 2003 06:06     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be 27 in June and learned about Voivod in early 1989 (but lost interest after "Nothingface", only to be reconquered by "Phobos"!).

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan