my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » (Yet Another) Newsted Interview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: (Yet Another) Newsted Interview
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 18, 2003 11:55     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I found this on 'Zero' magazine's website. I just found this paragraph or so interesting.

"If I have it my way, I will be playing with both bands on Ozzfest, Voivod on the
second stage and headlining with Ozzy on the main stage. And the tours I told
you about, I will be pulling double duty on. The real cool thing also is I can
still continue doing all my projects and still make all my music. I can release
them at whatever level I choose to release them and still go and play with Ozzy
when I get the call. That’s what I’m looking forward to, the next step in my
career. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any bigger than Metallica, and when
I was settling in to the situation of going back to being the kings of the
underground with Voivod. To being happy about playing in front of 100 people and
fucking crushing them. I’m still going to be in that, plus I got to be a part of
one of the biggest enterprises in rock that there is. At the same time I will
get to take it a step maybe even beyond Metallica, which I never could have
imagined in all my life. It’s a wonderful opportunity."

Entire interview is here: (Sorry, it's messy) http://zeromag.com/1/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=304&mode=&order =0

|  IP: Logged
iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 18, 2003 12:48     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
100 people, huh?

Ya think?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 18, 2003 12:52     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's rather negative.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 18, 2003 12:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's GREAT Newsted will be doing both, because it will also benefit Voivod. He's done A LOT to get the band more exposure than they ever had, and I know it's going to pay off and get them the respect and $$$ they have deserved for many many years. The album kicks ass and I'm sure this will prove true live. The OZZFEST is a great way to get exposure to a new crowwd, and show the young bands how it's really done.

Congrats to Jason!!! He deserves to be in OZZY also, and yeah, it's bigger than being in Metallica, and being in Voivod is better than being in Metallica. I'm curious to hear the IRATE material he mentioned.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 18, 2003 13:37     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The IR8 (Irate) vs. Sexoturica EP is already available through chophouserecords.com Schroeder.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 18, 2003 13:41     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
The IR8 (Irate) vs. Sexoturica EP is already available through chophouserecords.com Schroeder.

OH YEAH, I hated what I heard. I guess I was thinking about the projects he did with the guys in Voivod years ago. DUH

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 24, 2003 14:16       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
?
IP: Logged
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 24, 2003 15:47     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its rather realistic.
Thats how many bangers were at the Los Angeles Exodus show last May.

burninglunarstar5
VoivodFan
Member # 259

posted March 25, 2003 16:12     Profile for burninglunarstar5   Email burninglunarstar5     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya know it's a drag having to accept the fact that it takes someone like Jason who has been with one of the most mainstreamed metal bands..to open up people's eyes to the most original, talented awesome bands there are out there who have gone unnoticed in the mainstream for soo many years.. I know there are goona be people who will now come out saying Voivod rules...its like where were you in the 90's!! grrr.. buuuut.. I think its fecking great that Voivod is getting this attention b/c they soo deserve it. Thanks to Jason for having the guts to leave Metallica and follow his heart... cheers
space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted March 26, 2003 12:38     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
even though it certainly would seem stupid to any fans of the band, I wonder if VOIVOD could have done better with a different name? their name is still screwed up sometimes (Voidvod, Voidvoid, etc.) even by people who should know better (Ticketmaster)and then of course most of our freindly-neighborhood record store employees assume Voivod is a martian language they haven't quite grasped yet and need a spelling bee lesson while looking the name up on their files too.

I bet we're all glad the band never came to that, but it makes you wonder.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan