my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » WAR IS CoMING.... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: WAR IS CoMING....
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 19, 2003 05:42     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just can't believe that there isn't another way. That's all.
 |  IP: Logged
code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 19, 2003 06:40     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Im so tired of power crazy religious morons that kill ppl like you and me for their greedy games. Spare the lives of thousands of innocents this time and get rid of these two disgusting madmen asap. Never in my life will I support something that will kill thousands of innocent children. It takes a very inhuman and unsensetive person to arrange and support something like this.

cya all

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 19, 2003 07:03     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I saw this link I thought: Shall ONE man be able to do what he wants when the rest of the world feels like this?
http://www.hyperreal.org/~dana/marches/

The power of this world should belong to the people. Not the idiot son of an asshole.

cya all

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 19, 2003 07:40     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIGHT ON, Code! You da man!

Right-Wing lovers of War on this site need to look at that link.
You are vastly outnumbered by all the people who hate War.
Those picture really make a statement.
Thank you for that, Code.

Mez...
So we kill Saddam and occupy Iraq.
Who is next?

Saudi Arabia?
Syria?
Iran?
Egypt?
Libya?
Morocco?
Sudan?
Somalia?
Yemen?
Quatar?
Turkey?
The Balkans?
France?
Germany?
Russia?
China?
North Korea?
Cambodia?
Viet Nam?
Laos?
Indonesia?
Malaysia?
Thailand?
Pakistan?
Madagascar?
Argentina?
Mexico?

You pick, Mez.
There are Anti-American elements in ALL the above mentioned places.

Or better yet...Lets just drop all the Nuclear and Chemical Weapons that the United States posseses on them.
Oops! I forgot!
Its ok for the U.S. to have these things in the hands of a madman (Bush), but it is not ok for Saddam, or anyone else who doesnt have our approval.

I have said it before and i will say it again.

Americans...
You will regret this War and blindly electing madmen to be in power.
It may take 100 years...but you will regret it.

"In my Time...we didnt care enough..."

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 19, 2003 08:53     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That picture of a missile being launched gave me a semi.

Thats what all this comes down to, doesn't it? I've just gone downtown, elbowed my way past old people buying duct tape and tins of beans, to stock up on blank videos. I'm getting this fuckin' war on!

And tissues.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 19, 2003 09:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Kula, I was talking about state-sponsored terrorism, not anti-americanism. That would mean we would have to invade France.

100 years from now? I'll be dead, who gives a shit.

Cthon, whoops, hehehehe, email me dude(I lost your address).

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 19, 2003 10:00     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
how it all began...
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 19, 2003 11:56     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'In the hands of madmen,' Some people just dont get it ? i usually go with the majority too aka "rest of the world" as in that link,but they should all remember to take a tree with them to their ralleys..I mean what kinda fantasy world are we living in here ? obviously any anti-statements are most likely comming from youngans. Killing women and innocent children 'huh',well i tell ya, any mother or father in that area,has known for months now,this is gonna go down,and as bushie said,we give formal warning in front of the world before we strike,"we are not cowards" So if any of them wanted to get their kids away,they would have been smart enough to leave(->oh thats right,their not allowed cause their not free<-) Another fact is,during the gulf war,Sadam killed his own people,just to try to ward off the invasion. How idiotic was that ? I think our country has given fair an formidable warning to that whole area, and any anti-democratic nation for that matter. Sheesh guys without democracy you wouldnt be hugging trees and protesting. If this was say germany during ww2 they would be SHOT !

read above..@code
The power of this world should belong to the people. Not the idiot son of an asshole))

""Gimme a damn break,And whos running the world now ? X-D ? or elected leaders as speakers for the people"" ?

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 19, 2003 12:22     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You cannot force Democracy and the American way of doing things on the rest of the World!
You Patriots just dont get it!

[Image Removed]

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 19, 2003 12:29     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey i aint forcing shit,
Im just weeding the MEN from the boys'.
If i was being forceful,i would state ("They will Eat and enjoy whatever we force down their throat") but im gald bush is not that ruthless on the telescreen.

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 19, 2003 13:02     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross:
"So if any of them wanted to get their kids away,they would have been smart enought to leave"

What is this supposed to mean? The wealthy have probably allready left yes. What about the ones who hasnt the money or cant flee due to other reasons? You mean is their fault if some religious madman drops bombs on their heads?
Elected leaders to speak for the people sounds good to me. To bad Mr Bush Jr didnt even get to the president post in a legimite way. This man is under qualified, powerfully ignorant and a threat to world peace and national security. And The mans first business venture was a partnership with the Bin Laden family. How sweet isnt that? Dont name democracy and freedom in the same sentence as Bush jr. Money and power is more fitting.

I say it again. Anyone supporting Bush in this dont give a damn about human rights and peace.

Cya all

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 19, 2003 13:26     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ill guess someone has to start bombing and invading your hometown before you understand what im trying to say.
JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted March 19, 2003 17:33     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The US destroyed Cambodia near the end of the Vietnam war by mass bombing creating the conditions for the Khmer Rouge led by Pol Pot to rise and slaughter his own people. This invasion was ordered by Kissinger and the US stood by and did nothing for the Cambodian people afterwards.

At the same time the US was selling arms to Indonesia in support of Indonesia's invasion of East Timor, this eventually led to the largest case of genocide since the holocaust. The US stood by and did nothing but sell more arms. They also had oil interest in the sea area next to Timor along with Indonesia and Australia.

So the argument that the US are peacekeepers is a blatant and vulgar lie.

In present day Afghanistan aid workers and journalists report that the region is controlled by warlords sponsored by the Bush administration. Where is the promised democracy? Bush is now satisfied because he got to lay his new pipeline through the region.

They are slowly taking control of the Middle East and using puppet governments to suppress the populations.

Bush, Cheney, Perle, Rice etc.. are crapping all over your constitution. Stand up and defend your rights. Europe and the rest of the world supports you. We are not anti-American. We are anti-Bush! US hegemony is causing proliferation of destructive weapons to speed up to seriously dangerous levels.

They are a corrupt few elected by the few for the few.

The do not support Democracy.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 19, 2003 17:57     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by escubria:
In present day Afghanistan AID WORKERS and JOURNALIST report that the region is controlled by warlords sponsored by the Bush administration. Where is the promised democracy? Bush is now satisfied because he got to lay his new pipeline through the region.

This is yet another crock of shit! Dood i would stay off those consparicy webpages if i were you,That kinda stuff can drive you mad. I would like more support to these claims

Yeah they still hate us too.

http://www.myafghan.com/news2.asp?id=-733518810 http://www.developmentgateway.org/node/134111/ http://www.newsmax.com/links_intl.shtml

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 19, 2003 18:00     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by code:
Ill guess someone has to start bombing and invading your hometown before you understand what im trying to say.

"Ahh.. remembering 9/11

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted March 19, 2003 18:49     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross,

What has 9/11 got to do with invading Iraq?
The British MP Robin Cook announced the other day that Saddam possessed no weapons of Mass destruction only chemical and biological weapons which he declared were sold to Iraq by the US and the UK. He has no means of long range deployment No nuclear capability either and abslutely no link to Al Quaed -they are bitter enemies, Saddam is hated in the Arab world- And Cook should know he used to be the British Foreign Secretary and is privy to more military inteligence than you or I. He even resigned from paliament on principle of the illegalty of the war and happens to be one of the most respected politicians in British politics from many sides.

If you want proof of aid reports just look up relief agencies like CARE and read their findings and concerns. They have no need for bias. They don't serve power.

In European news media, journalists can report the situation in Afghanistan. Just check out the websites for BBC, Channel 4, The Guardian, The Irish Times and many other agenda balanced outlets. You will find much proof. Your news media in the states is blinding you Hatross. Business interests rule your airwaves and produce a mostly pro war stance. The rest of the world can see this why can't you. Just look at the worldwide protests, uprecedented in human history. We support the US people, not Bush, but you must also help yourselves and seek out the real news that we can find in Europe.

By the way I have never been on a single conspiracy site in my life. You quite obviously have. My view is actually in line with the majority of consensus in Europe.

Where is your proof?

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 19, 2003 18:56     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
escubria.

You are 100% correct.

Cheers to you Sir!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 19, 2003 19:01     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quote".Saddam is hated in the Arab world''

WHAT ! say that again..??

Quote".What has 9/11 got to do with invading Iraq?

Geesh read the quote and whole thread first.

P.S. go back to the other site.

"and now" more from the consparicys digest.

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted March 19, 2003 19:30     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saddam could have been severely weakened if inspections and a permanent UN presence was kept there. Killing thousands of people to get one man is insane. Why did Bush hardly engage in diplomacy and not support the UN? Saddam was'nt going anywhwere.

The US demonised France for using its veto yet the US has used its veto more than any other country on earth on countless other vital and life threatening issues. This info can be found on the UN website.

Why hasn't the US signed up for the UN International Criminal Court when 89 other major and small countries have? What are they afraid of? The countries that have'nt signed up consist of the US and various other dictatorships including Iraq. (Check out the UN website)One of the people named for summons to the court is Henry Kissinger, the amount of evidenced amassed against him for war crimes is monumental. You don't have to look far for info on this. (Read the book the tial of Henry Kissinger by Christopher Hitchens for starters) But he is an American so he is exempt from appearing. It seems like one law for them and one law for us. I thought your leaders were civillised, but they don't like talking.

Furthermore Iraq poses no threat to the US or the UK, two countries he has never attacked nor has the capability to attack.
Terrorist activity will probably increase from all sectors of the Arab world now that war has commenced. You see they just don't want such a domineering US presence which has economic interests in the region.

Legally you can't invade a country if they don't attack first.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 19, 2003 20:34     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Jesus H. Christ, Hatross, calm the fuck down!

Dont want you to have a Stroke or anything!

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted March 19, 2003 21:41     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I should no better than to engage in this, but I just couldn’t let Hatross stand alone…..

Why is it that when the United States is terrorized and thousands of innocent people are killed it’s “that’s what the US gets!” but if another country (or another country’s embassy) is attacked and people die it’s terrible. At least we’re giving fair warning.

It’s amazing how many American citizens have acquired the OJ Simpson jury mentality of sufficient proof. I guess the only proof that someone is guilty of anything is if they are caught on video tape and their Social Security card, Driver’s Licence, and two other forms of ID, just happen to be falling out of his shirt pocket as he walks by a camera for the world to see. Although, even then you can say that someone doctored the tape. Yeah, Saddam is innocent. He had nothing to do with 09/11, nor could he. This US interest in an Iraq invasion is totally out of nowhere. We didn’t want their oil 5 or 10 or 15 or 20 years ago, but we want it now. Yeah, that sounds right. We don’t want Venezuela’s oil, we just have to have Iraq’s. Yeah that sounds about right. Osama bin Laden acted alone. He had no help. And Al Capone never murdered anyone. And as far as I know, neither did Hitler or Micheal Corleone.

People speak as if thousands of people won’t die if the US doesn’t invade Iraq. Thousands of Iraqis are dying already and will die whether we invade or not. But at least if we invade, there is a foreseeable end to it all. I’ve no doubt that information leaked in/by the US Intel leans on the side of war support for the purpose of justifying their actions; but to think that European countries don’t do the same thing to justify their inaction is naďve beyond belief. But does that prove either side wrong? No. I love how these anti-war people wear these “white coats (metaphor)” and act as the supreme example of objectivity. Their agenda is as obvious as anybody’s.

I also don’t understand the logic behind the criticism that the US is acting against the UN. The way I say it, they are one of only a few nations that are acting in accordance with its mandates. The UN has a law, and the US actually wants to enforce it (go figure). How convenient was it for France to have signed on to a UN resolution (1441) that calls for action if there is no compliance knowing that all along it could veto it. How spineless is that?

But whatever……it seems that logic doesn’t have a place when defending the US position. The anti-war people (like France as well as US citizens) don’t want war no matter what the circumstance is. I guess the only thing that justified the US participation in WWII was our being bombed by Japan. Otherwise I guess it wouldn’t have been worth stopping the extermination of Jews. After all, Hitler wasn’t a threat to us. Their bombs could never reach US soil. When the US was bombed by Japan, did anybody complain about our involvement in other countries? After all, Hitler had no ties with Japan right?

There are flights that go out of the United States every day and from every state. How do the people who think that Bush is evil and that the United States is evil justify their continued citizenship of this country. If your convictions are so strong why don’t you leave? And please don’t get me wrong (I’m no longer being sarcastic), I’m not advocating kicking you out. As a matter of fact, I love this country for allowing you to be here and feel the way you do. But as a matter of principle, I truly have a hard time understanding how it is you can live in a country that you are convinced is so evil. And I concede that you anti-Bush/US Government people COULD be right, I just think that you aren’t. But I promise you, if I did think you were right and I believed as you do, I couldn’t live here and pay taxes in good conscience another day. Maybe it’s the fact that I live in California that makes it so easy for me to say that. I’m surrounded by so many people that are living here for that same reason (they hate their native land’s politics and ruler) who came here with NOTHING. I have so much respect and admiration for those people. They truly live by their convictions. Why don’t/can’t you?

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 19, 2003 23:20       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am a veteran and for what it's worth here is my 2 cents.
I do NOT support Bush.This country need that money he's spending on this "war" to be spent in this country!
I Do support the troops and i do feel that Suddam needs to be stopped but this may not be the best method,and why does the U.S. have to do this anyway?
I really think Bush has ulterior motives.Dont get me wrong i am not a Bush hater.I have supported him on everything he has done so far,but this i dont.I really wish he would have spent that 200 million plus on job security in this country.

IP: Logged
ruiner
VoivodFan
Member # 79

posted March 20, 2003 03:48     Profile for ruiner   Email ruiner     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
My wife's hometown was bombed and invaded (Pol Pot regime) when she was young, she escaped the country and lived in a refugee camp for 4 years....and she support's Bush.

So I guess your guess was a guess.

I have friends here in Australia, who survived Cambodia's killing fields. Riya still has scars from facial burns. Both (they are husband and wife) are VERY distressed that war is happening. Both are involved in anti-war demonstrations. It was not a just a guess. People who survive these atrocities have varying beliefs, like any situation. No offence to your wife.

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 20, 2003 07:44       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross,I am an Army veteran,not a veteran to this board,but why does that matter.I have been listening to Voivod since 85,so in that sense i am a veteran,but i still dont see why that matters?
IP: Logged
The Devil's Advocate
VoivodFan
Member # 92

posted March 20, 2003 07:46     Profile for The Devil's Advocate   Email The Devil's Advocate     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
Where theres a Will, Theres a Way.

so Hatross... it should apply in all cases right? according to that there is er... was no will to avoid war...
course, I'm sure it was decided from day one, Bush was certainly hoping he'd get backed up by the (late-)UN at some point but he knew he would wage this war.

and these are just beautiful words because not everyone can afford to leave their hometown/village, be it soon *ausgebombt*...

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan