my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » WAR IS CoMING.... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: WAR IS CoMING....
St. Michael
VoivodFan
Member # 36

posted March 17, 2003 20:41     Profile for St. Michael   Email St. Michael     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't this a 'SiX Feet Under' song?

Looks like it really is going down.
What's next? Here we go....

|  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 17, 2003 20:50     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey St. Over here (across the water from Seattle) I work for the Navy at P.S.N.S. doing grounds maintenance as a contractor. I've been working here for the last 6 years, with little interuptions. (9-11 brought a higher level of security, though)

Now I'm curious to know if I'm even going to have a job in the next 48 hours, due to all of this. The government, at any time can "lock-down" the shipyard, whether we're in there working or not!

I know it's going to get worse before it ever gets better.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 17, 2003 20:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Finally! Time to hang that bastard's head on a stake.
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 17, 2003 21:03     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Black Cloud of Decide....Lets hope that doesnt happen to you.

So Saddam has 48 hours to get outta Iraq?

I know of a good way to settle this whole thing.
At High Noon...Bush and Saddam can meet at the O.K. Corral for a gunslinging showdown.
Just the two of them.
(We wouldnt need all the Army & stuff, they can come back home.)

The man left standing gets to stay home & have whiskey.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 17, 2003 23:11     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by St. Michael:
Isn't this a 'SiX Feet Under' song?

Oh fuck yeah! *insert riff that's heavy as fuck*

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 18, 2003 00:10       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was in the Army for 4 yrs. stationed at Ft.Benning and i can say for the most part most of the soldiers can't wait for some kind of action,until they get it and your scared shitless until it's go time.Two days til wake up.
You wanna talk about stress,try combat stress.It's a bitch.
I hope it's over quick.

IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 18, 2003 04:47     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Possibly it's just me that can hear the terrific introductory bassline in Jack Luminous beneath this thread...

Also as me, Bush's speeches sound to me like the worst kind of moronic, homespun, cliched bollocks.
The same can be said for the sentiments of Churchill, but it's difficult not to swept away by the superb rhetoric in his grasp - even 50 years on...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 18, 2003 05:06     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Operation: SADDAMOCIDE

Let's hope it doesn't last long.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 18, 2003 07:34     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FURY IN ISLAMIC WORLD

In the Islamic world, there was near-unanimous opposition to the United States and its closest military ally Britain.

Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation said diplomatic efforts should continue.

"We cannot accept the notion that diplomacy has run its course and we believe at this very important time what is needed is to enhance diplomatic efforts," the Foreign Ministry said.

Syafii Maarif, head of the 30-million-strong moderate Muslim Muhammadiyah group, called Bush, Blair and Spanish Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar war criminals.

Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad said war could be "disastrous for the world" by making the world body superfluous.

Mahathir, whose country of 24 million people is 55 percent Muslim, said people in Muslim countries were "very angry."

"All they care about today is to seek revenge, because you kill my people and we kill your people and that will destabilize the world," he said. "War against Iraq will not help anybody."

Iraqi ambassador to Malaysia Qais Subhi Al-Ya'aqubi was defiant.

"There's a bigger chance for President Bush to step down," he said. "Let him step down because the Iraqi people and President Saddam are one body and we will fight, we will resist and we will prevail."

Philippines Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Lauro Baja said a war would increase the risk of attacks by Islamic rebels in Southeast Asia.

:::

AMERICANS...

In the long-run, you are going to regret this War.
You are going to regret your foolish actions of electing
and empowering known War Criminals.

Trying to push Democracy upon those who
do not want it is a mistake.

-A Fatal mistake.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 18, 2003 08:18     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by satan:
FURY IN ISLAMIC WORLD

Democracy is the last thing intended for the region by this war. Odds are, we should look at Saudi Arabia for a model of what is being planned.
A secular dictatorship like Iraq is probably craving democracy - a life away from endless war criminals and Mullahs.
I told myself not to get involved in these threads...

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 18, 2003 08:54     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by satan:
In the long-run, you are going to regret this War. You are going to regret your foolish actions of electing and empowering known War Criminals.

-A Fatal mistake.

Every war is regrettable, but in some cases war is unavoidable, inevitable. Regardless of what the decidedly-ignorant pacifists of the world have talked themselves into believing, we did not ask for this war.

That's nice. I'm getting into a flame war with "Satan".

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted March 18, 2003 09:59     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
****** NO BLOOD FOR OIL ******
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 18, 2003 12:13     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Doesn't anyone suspect that if the evil ol' United States wanted Iraq's oil... we could have taken it back in 1991??? It's not going to happen, IMO.

I told myself not to post on any war threads - loads of good that did me!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 18, 2003 12:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Guys, the oil question is pretty tired and old, Please read this:

Here are a few basic data concerning oil that are insufficiently considered. Using round figures, Iraq is producing 2 million barrels of oil every day, which at $30 per barrel brings in $60 million. If all the restraints that survive the 1991 war were eliminated, the rise in production of Iraqi oil is projected to 4 million barrels per day. Assuming the same value per barrel, that would mean an increase to $120 million per day.

Dwell on something so inconceivable as to occur only to French fantasists: The United States a) confiscates Iraq's oil reserves, b) proceeds instantaneously to increase production to the maximum, c) actually pocketing a net of $30 per barrel — we'd be talking about $40 billion per year. The estimated cost of the U.S. military offensive is $100 billion. So that even assuming such oil confiscation/production/sale were effected, it would still require more than two years merely to reimburse the cost of the military action. We today purchase about a half-million barrels of oil per day from Iraq, $15 million. To invest $100 billion to protect a $15 million daily investment would require a zaniness difficult to ascribe to such as Messrs. Bush and Rumsfeld, who have been men of affairs.

Yeah, blood for oil, makes perfect sense(sorry, Simon6, I respectfully disagree with ya).

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted March 18, 2003 14:53     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, you can't deny that this war is about controlling the Persian Golf. What else ?
And how about Bush & Co not respecting international law (UNO) ?
Not to mention the increasing danger of terrorism worldwide, the huge hate of the Arabic world.....it's so fucked up man, I just can't believe it !
I would go even further than that:

I think that Bush does exactly the same thing as Bin Laden did.

Exept Bush has command over the most powerful nation in the world, and the other one is a terrorist.

Tell me one single reason to attack this country. One single reason !

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 18, 2003 15:04     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ohhhhh boy...

bring it on, Mez!

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 18, 2003 15:30     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree with Simon6.

Bush = Osama = Saddam = Blair = ALL FUKD UP!

hehehe.

Bring it on, Mez!

Flots
VoivodFan
Member # 228

posted March 18, 2003 20:34     Profile for Flots   Email Flots     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mezcalhead: you are so full of shit
Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 18, 2003 20:43     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
while i DONT think this war is about oil, i DO think it funny that George Bush drops pamphlets on Iraq telling iraqi soldiers "Do NOT burn oil wells before you surrender. please!"
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 18, 2003 20:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why is there a threat from terrorism now with the invasion of Iraq looming? I don't get that. I thought there was NO connection found between Sadaam and AL-Quada. At least this is what we were told by the Left. That Bush had shown NO proof of any cooperation between the two groups.

So if no connection, why then the HIGH alert for terrorism now? Someone explain that one to me.

Bush=Bin Laden??? Hmmm...This is interesting. Now let us be realistic. That is just pure craziness. Bush decides to stand up to this nasty individual Sadaam and free his people(finish the job that we should have finished in 91)and he gets compared to a madman who organized the slaughtering of 3,000 innocent people in New York City.

You know what I say? Any tiny thread of evidence suggesting a link between Sadaam and Bin Laden's people is enough to warrant invasion of his country. These people must be dealt with severely. That's just the way I see it.

Simon, so you're saying if we just lay off the terrorists they'll just get tired and forget about us. Slack up again like we were before 9/11? Leave them alone and they'll go away.

BTW, which martial arts you studying?

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 18, 2003 21:17     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hatross: the US has BOMBED iraq 1 out of 6 days in the last year (thats not food, thems bombs). im not saying whether its right or wrong, but i think youve been reading about the wrong things being "flown" in there. this "new war" has been going on for years, ive got plenty of friends in the military who will attest to that.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 18, 2003 21:38     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
US, in their holy crusade, should devastate Japan next, to release them from Yakuza, who rules the country with dictatorial tactics, and give back their freedom.

Bush should stop his hypocritical mass, he's pissing off the whole world. And US people should also stop thinking their president is the next messiah. Oh, wait, he may well be the Texan Oil Companies' messiah...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 18, 2003 21:39     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cthon, when is Ray Brown playing again?
Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 18, 2003 22:16     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mez, they just did a week ago in columbia (ray brower, haha, hes the dead kid in "stand by me", it took me awhile to remember that band name, too), but their new album should be ready for consumption soon (and where is my VCR tape!?)
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 18, 2003 23:54     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Where do most Canadians stand? Do you agree more with France? I've always thought Bush has had alterior motives..from Osama to Iraq..then probably N.Korea. I know for a fact that once we invade Iraq, we'll find all "Kinds" of weapons of mass destruction! Well for "our" sake, I hope so!

Don't get me wrong, I'm thankful to be a U.S. citizen, but sometimes I'm not so sure about "the world's police" tactics we emplore.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan