my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Finntroll guitarist dead at 25

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finntroll guitarist dead at 25
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 17, 2003 05:01     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FINNTROLL Guitarist Passes Away At Age 25 - Mar. 16, 2003

FINNTROLL/IMPALED NAZARENE guitarist Teemu "Somnium" Raimoranta died this morning in Finland at the age of 25. A message posted on FINNTROLL's official web site states simply, "Our dear friend and guitar player passed away on Sunday morning. This is a extremely heavy blow for us and everyone who ever knew this man. We hope that fans and the public won't speculate, more information will be available when things calm down."

FINNTROLL recently completed work on an "acoustic/experimental" CD, titled "Visor Om Slutet" (the group's first with new singer Tapio Wilska), and were set to embark on a European tour next month with KATATONIA. It is not presently clear if the band will proceed with their touring plans in light of Somnium's passing.

Very sad news. Finntroll are a very unique band. Jaktens Tid is a work of pure genius.

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 17, 2003 08:07     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck! last year we learn about Kaatla (the original singer) being ill, and now Somnium passes away...

this is a sad day.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 17, 2003 08:12     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Very sad indeed. I feel sorry for his friends, family, band members, fans, etc.

I loved 'Jaktens Tid', one of the most original Metal albums from the last few years.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan