my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away on Blacky in new interview

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away on Blacky in new interview
FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted March 15, 2003 17:18     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is from Blabbermouth:

VOIVOD fans hoping for a reunion of the band's original — and most celebrated — lineup are unlikely to get their wish, according to drummer Michel Langevin (a.k.a. Away). "Unfortunately we don't really get along with [original bassist] Blacky," Langevin told Metal Update. "He is the one who will never be back in the fold. I know that it would please the hardcore fans and everything, but it just won't happen. The circumstances of his departure were really hurtful. It has a lot to do with childhood friendship and broken trust. I don't think we can patch it up, actually. It's too bad. It really got to the bottom of the barrel with the 'Angel Rat' recordings. We were not too sure about the final result of the album, but our approach was just, 'Okay, let's keep going and next time we'll do better,' you know? But it didn't happen like that with Blacky, and the way he left the band was really, really awful. But it's something that we never discuss in the press and it's an obscure part of the VOIVOD story. It's just that the breakup was so sour. With Snake it's different, the way it happened was on friendly terms and it was different circumstances. I know that Blacky really, really hates 'Angel Rat' but we just thought back then, 'Well, we'll do better next time, let's keep going.' You fall, you stand up again and you keep going.

"Some parts [on 'Angel Rat'] were written to be huge, like the song 'Angel Rat' and 'Freedoom' and stuff like that, but it came out a little too soft because of the production. But we tried. [Producer] Terry Brown was a gentleman and it ended up that his sound was not appropriate for VOIVOD, but hey, it was done and there was no more money to put into the project for a remix or anything like that. I think the smartest move would have been to tour for that album and make a better one after that, but Blacky didn't feel that way. There is always more than one reason for somebody to leave a band, and some of his reasons I will never know. It's in Blacky's head."

WHATEVER, LET FUCKING BY GONE BE BY GONES. IF YOU'VE BEEN FRIENDS SINCE CHILD HOOD THEN YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FORGIVE. This whole thing is annoying, Jason won't be in Voivod for the long haul.

|  IP: Logged
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted March 15, 2003 19:54     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
is blacky even willing or interested in joining voivod again at this point or in the near future?
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 15, 2003 22:58     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
C'est si beau l'accordéon !
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 16, 2003 12:02     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Weird , Kula/Satan didn't said anything yet about this thread . He must be away or something because he's always ready to kiss Blacky's ass deeper and deeper , day after day .
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 16, 2003 14:41     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Marginal, shut up. Stop digging.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 16, 2003 16:49     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Away should have left well enough alone and avoided his interviewer's constant attempts at drudging up negative shit. What went on between band members should remain between band members. Setting the record straight with facts is fine (although they owe no one an explanation), but tossing out little bits of personal baggage just looks plain bad.
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 16, 2003 18:35     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please forgive me for being retarded but what the heck actually happened between Blacky and the lads during the ill fated Angel Rat recording sessions? All I have heard so far is alot of rumors, supposition, and apparent hyperbole! Inquiring minds want to know! Anyone(s) out there have a credible answer? Also, I look at that fairly recent meeting between Blacky and the the lads in Montreal as a positive development - they are capable of standing in the same room togethor which is a start. Heck, it took me close to a decade to patch things up with a childhood freind of mine after a major dispute many years ago! And we are very good freinds again! If it can happen to me it surely can happen with them... I hope! Oh, oh, I wonder if I'm one of the people disparaged by that Away fellow as being stuck in the eighties? You know, HE IS RIGHT!!!
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 17, 2003 04:35     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marginal:
Weird , Kula/Satan didn't said anything yet about this thread . He must be away or something because he's always ready to kiss Blacky's ass deeper and deeper , day after day .

Well, in effect Marginal, you are doing a bit of ass-kissing yourself everytime you bring this up. You're kissing the rest of the band's ass...

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 17, 2003 11:24     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marginal:

Now that's funny.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 17, 2003 11:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny as in 'ha ha' funny or funny as in 'what the fuck?' funny?

Fanny, more like.

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted March 17, 2003 12:52     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i agree with nothingface.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 19, 2003 07:00     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to see Blacky's comments on this interview . Thanks .
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 19, 2003 08:56     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I bet you would. Something tells me he has a little more sense than that.

Oh whoops Marginal, there I go kissing ass again.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 19, 2003 08:59     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Oh whoops Marginal, there I go kissing ass again.

blatantly so!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 19, 2003 12:32     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It seems there are some people who just live to stir the pot.
Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 19, 2003 12:44     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And some people who live to smoke it.
iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 20, 2003 10:26     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I take a dump in the pot.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 23, 2003 08:36     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Arg Blacky ! Tell us who's right and who's wrong ! You have like nothing to lose , right ? So go , tell us .
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 23, 2003 10:05     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry , there's nothing to explain what Away's talking about in the interview . Anyway , thanks hex !

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan