my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » North America metal fest.?Why not?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: North America metal fest.?Why not?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 15, 2003 12:40       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I,ve noticed alot of great bands are touring through Europe on different metal festivals and i would like to know why there aren't any of these great festival coming to North America.
I,m not talking about the crap bands that Metallica is touring with or any of the crap headlining Ozzfest.The only thing worth seeing at Ozzfest is Voivod and may be the only good band to ever play Ozzfest.?I did say may be!
I want to see SLAYER
MOTOREHEAD
EXCITER
PRONG
CELTIC FROST
VOIVOD
Y&T
KROKUS
SUICIDAL TENDENCIES
ANGRY SAMOANS
SAINT VITUS
OVERKILL
NAPALM DEATH
DORO
SICK OF IT ALL
YOUTH OF TODAY
ACCUSED
All at the same show.All of the bands listed above except two(celtic frost,accused) are playing festival in Europe.Most of them are playing the Sweden metal fest.
Why the hell can't we get something like that in North America.I would travel anywhere in North America for that

IP: Logged
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 15, 2003 13:10     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds *slightly* similar to an idea Dave Mustaine had just before his injury... to get the 'Big 4' Thrash bands (Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax) on a massive tour to help revive old-school metal in the face of Nu-Metal and Grunge. Unfortunately, Slayer declined (stating that Dave was stupid to think he could get them all on the same tour) and then Dave had his injury, so it never happened.

A massive tour of the kind you're suggesting would be fantastic... but I just don't see it happening, unfortunately.

|  IP: Logged
guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted March 15, 2003 15:56     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, something like that Clash of the Titans-tour. Now that would be great.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 15, 2003 16:02     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My all time metal fest would have:

Testamant
Exodus
Destruction
Voivod
Kreator
Celtic Frost
with a opening Coroner reunion!

Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted March 17, 2003 00:58     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm helping to put on the Stoner Hands of Doom V festival here in Portland, Or this August.

We played the last two years and it was a blast.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 18, 2003 03:38     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Danzig is trying to put together a metal "fest" of some sort. It's called Blackest of the Black. Right now it's only Danzig, Superjoint, Immortal and Haunted on the bill, but everything is just now piecing together. I got the info from a Danzig fan site, 7th House. Click on "Current News".
Even tho' Danzig has gone soft I would go to see all others!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan