my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » best part of the whole album

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: best part of the whole album
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted March 12, 2003 20:33     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
track 8 - 2:35 - 2:54
 |  IP: Logged
HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted March 13, 2003 12:28     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
listen carefully!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 13, 2003 12:32     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just checked it out. and I gotta admit, that's the stuff I like, and I like it alot!

But I gotta say best part for me is track 7 1:25 to 2:13!

HatrossRig
VoivodFan
Member # 80

posted March 13, 2003 12:51     Profile for HatrossRig   Email HatrossRig     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
personally i like the next riff in that song more
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted March 13, 2003 13:03     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree 100% with you h on that one... this riff is THE best one of the album, no contest... it screams Voivod all the way
Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 13, 2003 13:07     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Screaming is a very good release for the soul.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 13, 2003 14:47     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yoko Ono? GIMME MY BEATLES BACK!!!

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted March 13, 2003 22:57     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like track 7 also.

other "very voivod" sounding parts are :

blame us - 4:10 to 4:55 cool eerie sound effects.

rebel robot - mostly on the verse parts where the guitar and bass merge tones together to create outer-wordly sounds that are not easy to figure out for transcribing. also, 4:15 to 4:30.

invisible planet - megaphone vox midway and at the end. 4:00 to 4:35 twigg you out well also.

I miss Piggy's solos on this record too.

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 14, 2003 00:09     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
Yoko Ono? GIMME MY BEATLES BACK!!!

I would give anything to see John and the Beatles again. Unfortunately this is not possible.

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 14, 2003 09:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yoko Ono:
I would give anything to see John and the Beatles again. Unfortunately this is not possible.

I was joking, of course. I think the Beatles are what they are today 'cause they knew when to stop. I look at, say, the Stones or the Who nowadays and thank God the Beatles never reunited.

Abbey Road is what it is only because they knew it was going to be their last. They wanted to say goodbye on the top.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 14, 2003 09:46     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Abbey Road, what a great album. "Oï, you're gonna carry that weiiiight, carry that weiiight..."

We have a friend here named "MeanMrMustard", right?

Yoko Ono
VoivodFan
Member # 235

posted March 14, 2003 10:40     Profile for Yoko Ono   Email Yoko Ono     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Slaytanic :
I think the Beatles are what they are today 'cause they knew when to stop.

Wise words grasshopper.

OmeterSkin Dub
VoivodFan
Member # 237

posted March 14, 2003 14:02     Profile for OmeterSkin Dub   Email OmeterSkin Dub     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great thread. I'm with space monger on Rebel Robot. Though I'd expand it to include 3:45-4:28. Brilliant lyrics, and listen to those fucking drums, man!!
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted March 14, 2003 16:04     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On Facing Up when Snake sings "What do you mean, love is not all we need?". That's not only a Beatles reference, but also my favorite part of the new record.

Piggy told me he only likes side 2 of Abbey Road. The rest of the catalog is too "pop". I can't agree...

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 15, 2003 08:44     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Multiverse 0:00-1:01, actually the whole song.

The riff is great and so are those weird theremin sounds. And I'm very positive about Away's drums too.

'Abbey Road' and 'Revolver' are my favourite Beatles albums.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 15, 2003 16:07     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I really think this album is progressive on many levels. I like the way the lyrics speak directly to you in the present tense. And the songs always have this hypnotic effect like they just get their hooks in you. I've been listening to Voivod's newest non-stop for 8 days now, and I still have a hard time putting it down. Sometimes like yesterday i put on Morrisey and some Yanni just to try and relax. But this morning, I got up and said, I wanna listen to Voivod.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 17, 2003 05:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nate Carson:
On Facing Up when Snake sings "What do you mean, love is not all we need?"

Yeah, man. I love that line too. The old hippie in me rolls up a joint, sits back and goes 'fucking right maaaan' when I hear that. Probably much to the disgust of one or two people round here!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 17, 2003 08:15     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't believe you fuckers are giving track times! Where would you be 15 years ago?

"The 356th groove on side two to the 378th groove, plus two thirds of the record round, kind of where the lower-right point of the Korgull Skull on the centre-sticker points to. That riff!"

Then again, 15 years ago did any Voivod riff actually last as long as 22 grooves?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 17, 2003 08:26     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lol! I'd just use a watch myself
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 17, 2003 19:56     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I used to have a dorky friend who would tell you what key a part was in at any given time.

We're passing it around and the guy would go-
"Hey, that was an F-Sharp"

It seemed to amuse himself that he had perfect pitch hearing.

big deal!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan