my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Iraq Metal

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Iraq Metal
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 12, 2003 19:36     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Found an article about the sole Metal band of Iraq, called A. CRASSICAUDA. (Andoctonus Crassicauda - name of a black scorpion) They should play Metal the Slayer, Metallica, Machine Head way.

One text of a song goes:
"By following the leader Saddam Hussein / We will make them fall, we will drive them insane."

I think, they have to sing such statements for not beeing forbidden as satanic western art.

Another text goes:
"I guess it's time to change the actor / I guess it's time to close this chapter / I guess it's time to go to the top / I guess it's time to say stop."

To write such lyrics in a brutal dictatorship? Respect!

The singer was asked about the next war. He answered: "Who won't be fighting, will be standing on the roof at night and watch the bombing of Bagdad."

Strange And (not) Ironic

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 13, 2003 04:25     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read a report recently about thrash metal bands being actively suppressed and imprisoned somewhere in the midlle east.
Where, someone enlighten me?

Mind you, given the vast amounts of anti-middleeastern propaganda gushing from the idoit-media these days the story is most likely rubbish
I read stories about the LA police being used to close punk/rock/thrash gigs within the town so you probably make a political stand by your tastes there too.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 13, 2003 05:05     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Do you mean Morocco?

"I read stories about the LA police being used to close punk/rock/thrash gigs"

Let's face it - Thrash needs all the press it can get!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan