my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Question about the new album?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question about the new album?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 11, 2003 00:36       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anybody know if there is some kind of anti burning device on the cd? I bought an advance copy of the cd and my computer wont play it at all.I also bought a regular copy of the cd and it plays fine on the computer.I'm thinking it's been set up so no one can copy the advance copy.Anybody know?
I really dont care either way.I was just curious why it wouldnt play.It plays fine on my stereo and in my walkman and thats enough.

IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 11, 2003 01:24     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There was talk on a previous thread about them using anti-piracy on the CD, but I don't know if they really ended up doing it or not.
 |  IP: Logged
Flots
VoivodFan
Member # 228

posted March 11, 2003 01:31     Profile for Flots   Email Flots     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes sir, the CD does incorporate piracy-protection. I think its the same with the DVD. Though I'm not too concerned.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 11, 2003 09:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So Jason, what do you think about this little site here? Not bad eh? And please tell us more about the DVD.
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 11, 2003 09:25     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not sure if it does?
The last Bowie album wouldn't play at all on my PC which ROYALLY pissed me off. It did - however - let me look at a tiny, grainy little .jpg of the album cover and included a music player which failed to work on my PC.
(Which is a brand new, top-of-the-range Ninja Bastard.)
Yes.
Thanks, CBS.
Voivod is playing as I type this - I have yet to try and rip it.
we'll see
dot dot dot

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 11, 2003 14:10       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Flots,what dvd are you refering to?
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 12, 2003 17:15       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New Krokus cd "Rock the Block" also has copy protection.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 12, 2003 17:53     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No copying!
Tell the bastards to go out and buy it!
Support your local Voivod!
(or something)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 13, 2003 05:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn right no copying!

I'm giving a copy to my Voivodfan mate for his birthday, that means I'll have bought two which makes me like the biggest Voivod fan here!

If it came in picture disk, Cassette, Direct Metal Mastered Vinyl (ah, remember those?) I'd...well, lets not get too carried away here. I reserve such rabid 'everything I can get my hands on' buying for Caberet Voltaire and (gulp) Gary Numan.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 13, 2003 07:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Direct Metal Mastered Vinyl

Droooool........

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 13, 2003 07:44     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
EKH...Gary Numan is cool, man!

Also...be carefull about saying your a bigger Voivod fan than anyone else here.
King Kula seems to have pissed off a bunch of people for saying that a month ago.
Even though it was all meant as a joke...
certain folks here didnt get it.
(Certain folks take things too seriously)

Oh...Kula says that HE is the biggest Voivod fan and those that dont like that can kiss his royal rumpus.
(His words, not mine)

Ok...back to your Gary Neuman.

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted March 13, 2003 07:49     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cabaret Voltaireeeeeeeee yup!!!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 13, 2003 08:40     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey! someones heard of the Cabs!

I have Ride The Lightning on DMM - it practically sets the speakers on fire! Shame you have to get up to flip the disk twice as much. RTL is like a 4-sided album to me!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan