my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » did anyone see this on blabbermouth?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: did anyone see this on blabbermouth?
farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted March 10, 2003 21:36     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ZAKK WYLDE: JASON NEWSTED Is A 'Really Nice Kid' - Mar. 6, 2003

Although it has yet to be confirmed, it appears that ex-METALLICA bassist Jason Newsted has officially joined the Ozzy Osbourne band. Speaking to Britain's Rock Sound magazine, guitarist Zakk Wylde said, "Jason has joined the band, I just got off the phone to him and he asked me to show him the right key for the songs so he doesn't look like an idiot."

Despite having yet to meet Newsted, Wylde admits that he is looking forward to working with him. "He can play and I've heard from people who know him that he is a really nice kid."

Ozzy Osbourne will headline this year's Ozzfest tour, set to begin June 28 in San Antonio, Texas.

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 11, 2003 01:18     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like the "nice kid" quote, fucking funny considering the fact Jason is a few years older than the Wylde man!

A matter of fact, Zakk is only about 35ish. He wasn't even 21 when he first joined Ozzy.
Someone back me up on this plz!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 12, 2003 05:52     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All things aside, Ozzy's music is incredible (well, Bob Daisley's music! LOL). Bark at the Moon and Ultimate Sin are classics in my book. The guy's a LEGEND.

You go Jason! tear it up on OZZFEST

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 12, 2003 07:18     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Umm......Yes.
The story has been seen.

Thus spawning the King Kula thread
'What band is Jason REALLY in?'
over at Chophouse. Voivod section.

Most people seem to think he is still a member of Voivod.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 12, 2003 07:43     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't that Voïvod?

Hey King K...eh, sätän, let's bürn some incense and meditate on the new album instead of wörrying about some Özzy summer festivals. Besides, I've got a bränd new bottle of good whisky at my flat, so where's that Chophouse pow-wow at?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan