my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod 1984 Demos LP RARE OOP metal venom

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod 1984 Demos LP RARE OOP metal venom
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 10, 2003 15:08     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VV 1984 LP anybody interested?
 |  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 10, 2003 15:43     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd seen that on ebay the oher day, when it was a mere $16. I'd never seen that release before and doubted its authenticity. The early material with later artwork seemed bootlegish to me.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 10, 2003 15:47     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Certainly looks cool. Wonder where it came from?
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 10, 2003 17:12     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I actually have a copy, here's the information from it! It is certainly 100% a bootleg. Not sure how many copies exist.

-----------

Tapework by the Metal Man (special thanks)
Produced by SP Records Inc.
Printed in UK.
SPR9001
P+C by RAL 1988

All rights of the owner and the producer of the work reproduced reserved. All kind of publishing is prohibited! Hometaping is killing music!

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted March 10, 2003 17:19     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yes, is the bootleg lp that i asked for in another topic.A friend of mine, that I don't see from many years, have a copy of it...
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 11, 2003 03:12     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
heck! I didn't even know that there were Voivod LP bootlegs in existence... now this must be mighty rare!
do you know of any other ones?

Blacky, how much for your copy?

quote:
hometaping is killing music

I remember that was Venom's motto back in the day, well, after "Hell yeah!" of course...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 11, 2003 06:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have a copy of this. Got it for £5 from a guy in Camden about 10 years ago. Fucking bargain!
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 11, 2003 09:06     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No Venom's motto was like (on the back of "Black Metal"):

"Hometaping is killing music.... and so is Venom"

LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 11, 2003 17:06       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't this some of the stuff Voivod is putting on cd to sell off of there web page?
IP: Logged
alicecooper
VoivodFan
Member # 204

posted March 11, 2003 22:31     Profile for alicecooper   Email alicecooper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can somebody tell me what the quality (both vinyl pressing and over all sound) of this record is ?
blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 12, 2003 01:57     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no Living, this is very old stuff, and btw the sound is pretty bad, worse then the demo tape itself, which is where this came from: To the Death Demo 1984, the A side of the tape except Bursting out.
LivingEvil
unregistered

posted March 13, 2003 22:52       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's up to $168.05 right now.Check it out,auction # 2514254442
IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 14, 2003 06:05     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LivingEvil:
It's up to $168.05 right now.Check it out,auction # 2514254442

It's ashame the band members won't get any rolalties from it

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 14, 2003 06:14     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
It's ashame the band members won't get any rolalties from it

I was thinking the exact same thing...

it's crazy!

alicecooper
VoivodFan
Member # 204

posted March 14, 2003 14:13     Profile for alicecooper   Email alicecooper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IT'S ALL MINE !!!! HEH, HEH, !! And what a bargan ! HOO well, still a hundred bucks less than I paid for The Outer Limits on vinyl.
I've bought 4 copys of the new CD so far, (to give to my metal friends who say they will buy it but I know they will never get around to it) so although the record dealers get a big chunk of my wealth I can feel a bit better that I do what I can to support Voivod. I refuse to burn the new disc, I'd rather buy it for someone than do that.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 16, 2003 06:32     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had it feeling you were the winner!!!

Congrats...enjoy your little piese of music history.

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 21, 2003 10:37     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Outcast:
I was thinking the exact same thing...

it's crazy!

Well actually, since Blacky was selling it (it was him, right?), he got financial compensation for it! That's actually cool as hell that an artist can take a bootleg of themselves and sell it on ebay for a huge profit. I love that story. Awesome! You go, Blacky. You're paving the way yet again!!!

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 21, 2003 11:28     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry to disappoint you but it wasn't my copy that AC bought, it is the exact same thing, except that mine of course would be autographed. But i'm not sure if I want to sell it, it was a gift for my birthday years ago and unless I really need the money, I would prefer give it to someone than make money off of it.
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 21, 2003 11:35     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blacky:
Sorry to disappoint you but it wasn't my copy that AC bought, it is the exact same thing, except that mine of course would be autographed. But i'm not sure if I want to sell it, it was a gift for my birthday years ago and unless I really need the money, I would prefer give it to someone than make money off of it.

Hey Blacky... hint, hint!

lol

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 21, 2003 14:36     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ooops, I'm always wrong!
alicecooper
VoivodFan
Member # 204

posted March 24, 2003 21:54     Profile for alicecooper   Email alicecooper     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
enjoy your little piese of music history

And enjoy it I do ! It does not sound as bad as I feared (still sounds bad, no doubt) but its quite cool.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan