my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Video to CD-R - best method?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Video to CD-R - best method?
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 10, 2003 11:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Having a blast watching these great VV videos as I'm sure we all are, its got me wondering how I can transfer a VV interview I have on Video onto the computer, so Corpse can have it for the site.

But I've not done it before, so how do I go about it? I have a Voodoo 3500 TV card (I think), which has some sort of TV adapter on the back of it. And access to some (ahem) software.

|  IP: Logged
NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 10, 2003 11:39     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emlyn K Helicopter:
Having a blast watching these great VV videos as I'm sure we all are, its got me wondering how I can transfer a VV interview I have on Video onto the computer, so Corpse can have it for the site.

But I've not done it before, so how do I go about it? I have a Voodoo 3500 TV card (I think), which has some sort of TV adapter on the back of it. And access to some (ahem) software.

Get yourself to vcdhelp.com. Great site.
As for software, 'Nero' does all the burning you'll need.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 10, 2003 11:41     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Burning isn't a problem, its the capturing I need help with.

Cheers, Mr Eggs. I'll look up that site now.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 10, 2003 12:29     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you can use nerovision express with the plugin,and it will convert it to vcd,also it will play back in a standalone dvdplayer. but if your trying to capture from say a vhs tape, Virtual-Dub will work there also. First your card will capture the video in mpg1 format"most likely" then the virtual-dub to compress it and convert it to{.avi)or(divx) http://www.divx-digest.com
i have purchased the plugin for nerovision,so if ya need a hand ill be more than happy

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 11, 2003 07:35     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, screw this! Sorry guys, its just beyond me. I'll record it as an mp3 instead.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 11, 2003 08:09     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn, all you need is to connect your VCR ("audio out" switch on rear panel - normally) to your PC ("line in" switch on sound card panel) via an Y-shaped A/V cable (RCA) like this one

...now you can use the built in recorder on your PC selecting "line in" as source, depending on the duration (but it won't take large recordings)... or you can choose to d/l a soft from here...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan