my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » computer games

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: computer games
Hypercube
VoivodFan
Member # 33

posted March 08, 2003 20:34     Profile for Hypercube   Email Hypercube     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dimension Hatröss is beating through my head phones at the moment. For the new one, I have to wait till Monday. Old Germany.

So I have time to start a new topic. Why not computer games?

What I loved in the past:

Syndicate. What atmosphere, what graphic. I played it months.

Wolfenstein. The first ego shooter. Endless hallways, swastikas in every colour and dying German nazis shouting "Mein Leben".

Red Baron, Battle of Britain, F117 Stealth Fighter. Yes, I was a flying ace.

Today I haven't the time to play. But when, then I destroy police cars in Driver.

And what played the other Voivodians?

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 09, 2003 00:54     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Quake 3* and some online chess.
Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 09, 2003 08:05     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I play some UT2k3 ( amazing graphics with a R9700pro as GPU )and some Strike Force ( mod for UT1 ). I have a xbox and just finished Halo again ( difficulty =legendary ) in coop mode with a friend . We own . I'm playing a bit of Panzer Dragoon : Horta too on my ecksborks . Oh and i play a hockey game at least once a week when there's people at home .
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2003 08:48     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
PONG

Actially I'm not much of a gamer because I don't have much time to play. I played DOOM for a while, but I need to play on the "Mommy I'm Scared" level because my reflexes must be slow and I don't want to die fast.

I totally dig the games where the character is seeing through your eyes, like Doom, Wolvenstien etc.

Who can suggest other cool games like this.
Maybe I'll try them.

What's SNOOD? A puzzle game?

royvis
VoivodFan
Member # 102

posted March 09, 2003 11:09     Profile for royvis   Email royvis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I recommend American Mcgee's Alice, A sinister take on the story "Alice in Wonderland". It's not as brutal as Doom, but incredibly immersive and the visuals are intense (based on the Quake 3 engine). Also, its 3rd person perspective, kinda like Tomb Raider, but the controls can be configured just like standard mouse/keyboard combination commonly used in Doom, Quake etc.

Another great game is Heavy Metal FAKK2. The description is the same as Alice, but it IS brutal, with excellent explosive weaponry. Slicing and dicing with the fire sword is very satifying. After dismembering your foe into 10 pieces, the body parts burn to a cinder!
happy fragging

VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted March 09, 2003 13:42     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I usually like to watch people play videogames, but when I feel like playing, it's usually Max Payne. It's just too bad it's a short game. I still play Doom sometimes... I need senseless violence sometimes
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 09, 2003 16:11     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Max Payne was such a great game... I know they're making a film, but what I want is a full comic book like the between mission bits, done for the whose tory. The artwork was phenomenal.

At the moment, I like strategy games, if I play at all. At the moment I'm playing as the Polish in Medieval: Total War, which is fun (charging hordes of peasants with heavily armoured knights! Yay!). It also means that if you take over areas like Wallachia and Moldavia, the leader of those areas is known as the 'Voivode' of that area...

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted March 09, 2003 19:14     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I play Video games pretty often. Some of my favs are: (aye, im a Sega hardcore fan

Phantasy Star series
Phantasy Star Online
Shenmue
Ecco the dolphin
Dark Age of Camelot
Final Fantasy 6-10
Another world
Flashback

Lets play.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 10, 2003 04:42     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
When I'm alone:
Master of Orion 1 and 2
System Shock 2
I-War

I'm forgotten in space.

With friends I mostly play Sega Virtua Tennis 2 and Sega NHL 2001 on Dreamcast, on Xbox Sega NHL 2003 when it comes out.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 10, 2003 23:37     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just got MoO 3 pretty nice , i never played 1 or 2 but this one looks involved. Vain do ya mind me asking how to get the cool dots above your name Oh yeah Quake 3 is the ultra for senseless Violence.
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 11, 2003 04:45     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My keyboard is Scandinavian so I have separate keys for ÖÄÅ. I guess you'll have to press ALT + ~ first, then the letter you want to "decorate". Let's see...ïüöäÏÄ - yeah, that works for me.
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted March 11, 2003 05:42     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Games, Yess!!!
I always liked and played videogames, from the old one in the bar, the home console, the mighty Commodore 64 and then the Pc...

Now I play :
Diablo 2 - on battle.net Europe realm
Warcraft 3 - great strategy game
Flanker 2.5 - flight simulator
Return to castle of Wolfenstein - Amazing

I like also some Mech type game and the Bullfrog's god-mode games.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 11, 2003 05:49     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
My keyboard is Scandinavian so I have separate keys for ÖÄÅ. I guess you'll have to press ALT + ~ first, then the letter you want to "decorate". Let's see...ïüöäÏÄ - yeah, that works for me.

It doen't work on a UK keyboard. Damn!

As for games System Shock 1 and 2, Halflife and Deus Ex are my favourite games of all time.
Although that is a very condensed list -
I work in the games industry and still enjoy it after ten years or so. Believe me I'd bore you into never switching on your console/PC on again, if I had the chance.

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 11, 2003 11:06     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Serious Sam
Carmageddon 2
Psycho Circus
Gore
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 11, 2003 11:22     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me and a few buddys from school play Battlefield 1942 sometimes. We all use nic's of swedish female politicians. Mine is: Gudrun Schyman, a communist that had to retire because of fraud and a seriuos drinking problem.

We're all old but not too old to act like children sometimes
Almost always when i come to think about it

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 12, 2003 07:02     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by vroomfondel:
We're all old but not too old to act like children sometimes

One thing I've never understood is why so many non-playing people say this hobby is childish. It's like I would go to, say, a hot rod race for example and tell everybody it's really childish and immature to tune motors etc. endlessly and then race the cars for a few seconds just to start all over again, even when I don't know jack about that. Besides, how is for example watching lame soaps on TV more acceptable or 'mature behaviour' than gaming? Everybody does that, that's why it's considered 'normal'.

I guess it takes time for the attitudes to change. When the older generations have died, gaming will probably no more have this 'special' status.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 12, 2003 07:15     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wise words from a wise man.
I buy the first round when VV comes here...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan