my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » For those of you who DO like Metallica...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For those of you who DO like Metallica...
ChophouseStreetTeamor
VoivodFan
Member # 214

posted March 07, 2003 09:29     Profile for ChophouseStreetTeamor   Email ChophouseStreetTeamor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There's a sample clip that had a compilation of 4 songs that will be on their new album called St.Anger. I really dig what I heard so far, BIG time and I'm really looking forward to hearing all of the songs in their entirety. Some of those songs are f***en heavy!!!!! WOOHOO! Hehehe
Here's the link if you're interested or are curious: http://www.allmetallica.com/multimedia/sounds.shtml#samples

To make this post Voivod related:
I bought the new Voivod album and it's alright. Wasn't anything like I was expecting it to be but they were all awesome on it. We Carry On is the only song that I really took to, immediately after hearing it.

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 07, 2003 10:04     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChophouseStreetTeamor:
To make this post Voivod related:
I bought the new Voivod album and it's alright. Wasn't anything like I was expecting it to be but they were all awesome on it. We Carry On is the only song that I really took to, immediately after hearing it.

Whatever.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 07, 2003 10:07     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey! There's a live Cliff Burton bass solo on that page too. Downloading that fucker. I bet it rocks. Cheers!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 07, 2003 10:53     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Hey! There's a live Cliff Burton bass solo on that page too. Downloading that fucker. I bet it rocks. Cheers!

yeah... one of Cliff's last live solos... lol, the show was on 5/24... *only* 4 months before the accident - but the whole Girardeau show is excellent.

there's also that '84 show in Bordeaux, France where on Call of Ktulu, Cliff goes totally nuts with creepy basslines!!! the good ol'days...

er, well... it will take more than this sample to convince me btw.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted March 07, 2003 10:59     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That last part sounded ok, a bit doomy. The rest was just like...mediocre Metallica stuff with some Nu Metal ideas thrown in (to make this appealing to the kids?).

Need to hear more...or maybe not.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 07, 2003 14:54     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dead Kennedy Rolls is still the best one. I'm not really looking forward to the new album to be honest. I'll stick to Voivod thankyouverymuch.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 07, 2003 15:23     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey ChophouseStreetTeamor, have you read our interesting topic on Street Teams?
ChophouseStreetTeamor
VoivodFan
Member # 214

posted March 07, 2003 19:36     Profile for ChophouseStreetTeamor   Email ChophouseStreetTeamor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No, I haven't Noitall. Care to fill me in on that splendid topic?
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 07, 2003 19:56     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds, dare I say- Alternative!

Cool grooves, not boooring like some gunk.

Anyhow, Bob Rock is sure to fuck up anything good. Never trust a f-in poser.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 07, 2003 22:55     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't Metallica say that "this album is gonna be really heavy" like everytime now for the last 3 studio albums?

"HEAVY" fucking metal.

piggysMYgod
VoivodFan
Member # 158

posted March 07, 2003 23:18     Profile for piggysMYgod   Email piggysMYgod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Metallica who?? never heard of them..oh WAIT is that jason newstead OLD band!! oh THEM

VOIVOD RULES

ChophouseStreetTeamor
VoivodFan
Member # 214

posted March 08, 2003 09:57     Profile for ChophouseStreetTeamor   Email ChophouseStreetTeamor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's ok, everyone here is entitled to their own opinions and I respect every one of them in reply to mine. I have been a Metallica fan since Master Of Puppets and still are a fan to this very day, just as most of you have been fans of Voivod for a long time.

I AM a fan of Voivod because of their dedication, their many awesome talents and their compassion for sticking to what they believe in, which has pulled them through some rough times. I am a fan of Metallica's for the same reasons. There's cons within every band out there,just as there are pro's. The cons aren't what make me lose interest in a band, nor lose respect for them. So I'm not going to sit here and point out all of the cons in Voivod and attack someone for their opinions just because I disagree with what they're saying. If I had not the slightest respect for others opinions or the band in question, I would've pulled apart Voivod and pointed out their every flaw as well as dis everything someone says about Voivod just because I don't like them. I do admire and respect Voivod and always will no matter what.

Thanks for sharing your insights/opinions to my intial post. I DO respect your opinions as I'd like you to respect mine.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan