my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Name-calling (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Name-calling
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 06, 2003 06:14     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Since for some reason unknown to me the release date of the new VOIVOD-CD in Germoney was pushed back by one week I'd like to start a new thread to keep myself from doing the work I should rather do.
I really would like to know how / why did you choose your user names?!
I know where Blacky got his and I have a pretty good guess about piggysMYgod but beyond that ...
"The Hade" was the name of a strange fan club and a huge fanzine on all kinds of crazy topics I was publishing in a dream my girl-friend had about ten years ago! I had never heard this term before but it sounded so amazing / mysterious to me and inspired my imagination so much that I immediately adopted it. Now I know that it's a technical term in mining (some angle between different shafts or something) but I'm sure my girl-friend who's a nurse never heard it. Still I love it (and her
)!!!

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 06, 2003 07:41     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A random act of senseless name-picking.

Actually Väinämöinen is a druid of sorts who appears in our national epic Kalevala. He had the ability to defeat his adversaries with his powerful poem-singing. I should probably change my alias to anti-Väinämöinen because I can't even calm down my 4-year-old daughter with any words (let alone singing) when she's having a tantrum .

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 06, 2003 07:44     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GerFat
Ger=Germán (My real name!)
Fat=I'm FAT!!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 06, 2003 07:57     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ger Fat, hahaha.
Vroomfondel is a confused philosopher in The Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
I also considered Pizpot Gargravarr, but it's too long.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 06, 2003 08:14     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ever read "Les Chants de Maldoror" by Isidore Ducasse, comte de Lautréamont? It's a french masterpiece of literature, it's quite EVIL, and you should all read it as a homework. The name just sounds cool, that's why I picked it.
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 06, 2003 08:36     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skulhed... it,s a GWAR thing...

SKULHED FACE:

Once the beautiful queen matriarch of a peaceful vegetarian planet, she was transformed into Skulhedface by Cardinal Syn and his holy warriors when they invaded her planet. Skulhed was sent to Earth by Syn to subjugate the developing world and harvest the Jizmogloben from its inhabitants, preparing the world for Syn's planned invasion. Throughout the centuries, Skulhed instigated wars to advance earth's technologies until the world was ready for domination. However, instead of saving the Jizmogloben for Syn, Skulhed begun shooting up and became addicted to it and its power, and secretly began plotting to overthrow Syn by using the powerful Jizmogloben of GWAR. Skulhed used his assistant Flopsy (who by the way has female genetalia for a mouth) and his creation The Flesh Colum to defeat GWAR and rob them of their Jizmogloben using a contraption called the Homogenizer. GWAR managed to trick Skulhed into giving them their Jiz back, and then proceeded to rape her to death.

It's also the title of the GWAR movie from 1994.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 06, 2003 08:47     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Beside the obvious reference to my favorite album, the name also defines how we all are on the internet; names without faces.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 06, 2003 08:51     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its my real fucking name.
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted March 06, 2003 10:04     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine, is a fusion of Motörhead and Megadeth, huh!
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted March 06, 2003 10:12     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was looking at the floor when I was trying to come up with a name. Pretty lame I guess.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 06, 2003 10:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I had broken all my fingers in a bizzare drinking game involving vegan bacon, so I had to use my nose to type. One letter is alot easier in these predicaments. And it's right in the middle of the keyboard, so all I had to do was fall face first onto the fucker. Sorted.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 06, 2003 11:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lycanthropy is the condition that makes you believe you are an animal. Old druids and witch doctors who would imitate wolves were called Lycanthropes. It's become the the term for the somewhat rare condition of werewolf-ism!
Its a cool word, and also my band's name! HOWWOOOOOO!!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 06, 2003 11:39     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
One that is considered to be at a lower or outer limit, as of social acceptability

I choosed this name 2 years ago . But now that 75% of people over 15 are stoners , i'm not marginal anymore i guess . Warcorpse , can you change my name to '' Normal '' ? J/k

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 06, 2003 13:09     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not world-shattering news or anything, but this is the first time this has been told:

Tangento comes from my very first few internet experiences, and the humble beginnings of my website - and specifically the first email I ever wrote.

The email in question was to a Mr. Bungle page owner concerning the music samples at the very end of the first album - namely the bizarre ending of the track 'Dead Goon'.

As I am writing this thing, in a foggy haze of drugs, alcohol and newly-found internet enthusiasm, I began to pour out my thoughts and feelings about several bands, and the email ended up being miles long - and is the origin of the 'Featured Artists' section of the site.
(Voivod was the second band I covered, after Bungle)

Yes, I was on my first Tangent, and although the drugs and alcohol and Los Angeles have given way to a wife and child and a house in Minnesota, the tendency to write long, meandering explanations and diatribes has only grown...

...kinda like this post.

BTW, the guy I wrote the email to?
...never replied.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 06, 2003 13:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
Skulhed... it,s a GWAR thing...

SKULHED FACE:

BLAH BLAH BLAH... to rape her to death.

This KICKS ASS !!!
I always meant to complement you on that name.

Now GO, Human Filth, and take
Sleazy P Mar-fuckin-Tini WITH YOU!!!

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 06, 2003 16:18     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... A keen-eyed, quick witted bounty hunter on the bloody trail of El Indio, the territory's most treacherous bandit. But his ruthless rival Colonel Mortimer is determined first to bring Indio in first... Dead or alive! Failing to capture their prey - or eliminate each other ("When two hunters go after the same prey, they usually end up shooting each other in the back.") - the two are left with only one option: team up, or face certain death at the hands of El Indio ("When the chimes end, pick up your gun. Try to shoot me Coronel... Just try...") and his band of murderous outlaws...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 06, 2003 17:23     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine is no secret: originally it was SlaytanicWehrmacht, a reference to an old fav of mine, Slayer. Nowadays they're just OK, but Reign in Blood still rules!!!

Since the "nazi/racist wars" at the then-cool voivod.com, though, I thought it was wiser to remove the Wehrmacht from my nick. Some people actually claimed I was nazi back then.

IMHO, one can't get more ridiculous than a Brazilian nazist, but... C'est la vie, isn't it the way you guys say it?

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 06, 2003 19:40     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
dorky, 80's videogame
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 06, 2003 20:01     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Away called the Voivod creature a "Nuclear Vampire" is an interview I read many eons ago.
When I first went on-line to the ****.com forum, I wanted to register as Korgull, but there was one already. Nuclear Vampire has sort of grown on me, and I register everywhere as that nick.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 07, 2003 04:42     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
dorky, 80's videogame

Dorky?!

"insert coin.... insert coin... bzzt."

Enough to make a grown man weep.

I'd have considered "Mr. Do" as my own name, if it hadn't been for the fact I'm immeasurably lazy and can only remember one username and password for all the sites I visit.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 07, 2003 05:09     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gorf:
dorky, 80's videogame

Best game ever! "Ah Ah Ahhhh! Too Bad Space Cadet!" Spent many a 10p on that thing!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 07, 2003 05:36     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I didn't think I could ever belong to any "socialized" group back then... and still avoid them like the plague, hence my nick...

besides, Voivod has a song of the same name on AR...

I was pondering The Blackguard or Helldriver at some point and some of my earlier posts on the then cool dotnet forum were probably registerd as "The Blackguard"...

Note: there is a guy calling himself "Outcast" who is posting on dotnet these days... I AM NOT HE!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 07, 2003 06:04     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My last name...lots of thought went into that , huh?

I might change my user name to voivod.net...and then kill myself

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted March 07, 2003 06:29     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Come off it. 'Shroeder' is so cool and Germanic sounding anyway, You don't need to invent one. Like 'Shrek' or "Murnau."

There's a sidequestion: Do Germans have the best names?

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 07, 2003 07:06     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
besides, it always remembers me of Shredder...

ya'll know the TMHT don't ya?

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan