my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Stephen King fans take note:

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stephen King fans take note:
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 06, 2003 05:41     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This looks like it could be one of the best King-Inspired films yet:

Dreamcatcher

"Evil Slips Through - March 21"

|  IP: Logged
TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 06, 2003 05:55     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah man! I'm looking forward to that picture! Morgan Freeman is gonna be awesome, I think. In addition to that I seem to be one of the rather few people who really like the book (shit-weasels and all)!
Now I'm waiting for the continuation of his Dark Tower-saga! The only problem is that I just cannot afford the limited hardcover editions and paperbacks take forever to be published ...
Anyway: Go, Stephen, GO!!!

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted March 06, 2003 14:11     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thats an eyecatcher there. Short story fans should check out "Everythings Eventual", some good stuff in there as well. I finished that one and am re-reading "Skeleton Crew" from a long time ago. Good f%*#%d up and whacked out storys like 'the jaunt' and 'the man in the black suit'etc. never grow tiring to read.
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted March 06, 2003 14:32     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like Stephen King wants to be George Lucas. Click here.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 06, 2003 19:46     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't that one of the little webbed things with the feathers, hign- ons hang from their balcony?

Just asking.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 06, 2003 23:58     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The plot sounds like "IT part 2", though this time it wont be Pennywise The Klown, but some indian/american jackass.

Still could be pretty good.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 07, 2003 00:24     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
The plot sounds like "IT part 2", though this time it wont be Pennywise The Klown, but some indian/american jackass.

Still could be pretty good.

Don't kid yourself... although there are elements similar to 'IT' in the latter parts of 'Dreamcatcher', American Indians have nil to do with this plotline.

This thing is about indifferent yet intrinsically evil Aliens, in the form of a weird fungus and razor-toothed mutant, mind-conquering slugs.
The story is also heavily and deeply psychological.

This film will likely blow the screen adaptation of 'IT' off the fucking MAP.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 07, 2003 06:46     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
@space monger
Yes, "Everything's Eventual" rules! I just loved "Autopsy Room 4" (Haemorrhage should base a song on that the way Nasum did a song on "Desperation" / "The Regulators"!), e.g. It has the funniest final line I ever read!

@Foot
I'm a little worried about his "revised and expanded" edition of "The Gunslinger", too. Let's hope it turns out as OK as the "The Stand - The Complete And Uncut Edition"!

@Gorf
It's exactly that Native American kind of thing linking the friends to one another.

@Skulhed
It's not "IT, Pt. 2" but the story returns to Derry, ME and there are news about Pennywise as well ...

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 07, 2003 16:45     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheHade:

@space monger
Yes, "Everything's Eventual" rules! I just loved "Autopsy Room 4" (Haemorrhage should base a song on that the way Nasum did a song on "Desperation" / "The Regulators"!), e.g. It has the funniest final line I ever read!

Hey, what's the name of this Nasum song?
I'd like to hear that.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 08, 2003 13:57     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Hey, what's the name of this Nasum song?
I'd like to hear that.

It's called "Can De Lach" and you can find it on their debut album "Inhale / Exhale" where it's the final song (track 38). If you don't have this CD you can download the song directly at www.relapse.com.
Enjoy!

PS: Track 7 ("Parting I Such A Sweet Sorrow")
from their second album "Human 2.0" starts with a cool sound sample from the great Stephen King-Movie "The Shawshank Redemption"!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 12, 2003 18:28     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, The Hade!
I love that book (Desperation) and especially the setting, out in the middle of
"The Loneliest Highway in America" U.S. 50 - (click)
...across the center of Nevada's most hostile and desolate section.
I have driven that thing, and the mood of the book fits it perfectly.

TAK!!

And what a great movie 'Shawshank' is.
One of the best King films, no question.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 13, 2003 04:15     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks, The Hade!

Oh, don't mention it! You're more than welcome.

quote:
I love that book (Desperation)

And what about "The Regulators"?! "Dicky" rules, doesn't he?

quote:
and especially the setting, out in the middle of
"The Loneliest Highway in America" U.S. 50 - (click)
...across the center of Nevada's most hostile and desolate section.
I have driven that thing, and the mood of the book fits it perfectly.

Although I've never been there I'm sure you're right. I definitely felt the vibe while reading the book.

quote:
TAK!!

Mi him en tow! Tak ah lah!

quote:
And what a great movie 'Shawshank' is.
One of the best King films, no question.

I couldn't agree more!
By the way, thanx a lot for the cool Jasonic-Interview! I browsed through the other interviews as well. Wow, I didn't know that Kat was still around ...! And Scott Ian's replies were really lame! They sounded as if his assistant or lawyer had answered your questions! Or has he forgotten all about "The Stand" and "Spreading The Disease"?

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 13, 2003 22:42     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, maybe you can help me with this...
I read a bunch of reviews for
The Regulators, and many people said that if you read Desperation first,
Regulators is a let-down...
Would you agree with that?

Since you know Officer Entragian's chant so well,
I will trust your opinion before reading it.

I'm glad you liked the interviews, thanks.
Some of my next prospects are:

Paul Raven of Killing Joke
Stan Ridgway of Wall of Voodoo (for sure)
Shane Embury of Napalm Death
Greg Hynes of Mighty Sphincter
James Plotkin (a longshot)
Blaine Cook (Blaine Fart) of The Accused
...although I have been waiting 6 months for him to return the damn thing.
Oh well.

And yes, Scott Ian was like a damn robot with his answers.
It seemed almost as if he resented the fact that I wanted to know what was up with S.O.D.

Kinda irritating, if you ask me...

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 15, 2003 13:04     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Yeah, maybe you can help me with this...
I read a bunch of reviews for
The Regulators, and many people said that if you read Desperation first,
Regulators is a let-down...
Would you agree with that?

No, I wouldn't. Of course, there are certain differences because "Desperation" is a "typical" Stephen King-book and "The Regulators" is a "typical" (modern) Bachman-book but I wouldn't say that either one is a letdown dompared to the other. In my opinion you HAVE to read both books - preferrably without a break! It's just a unique project telling very similar stories with these two different "voices"!

quote:
Since you know Officer Entragian's chant so well,
I will trust your opinion before reading it.

Thanx a lot! But this is only my subjective opinion, I know that many people (even many other SK-fans!) have different views.

quote:
I'm glad you liked the interviews, thanks.
Some of my next prospects are:

Paul Raven of Killing Joke
Stan Ridgway of Wall of Voodoo (for sure)
Shane Embury of Napalm Death

Hooray!!!
By the way, can't you do an interview with one of the guys of Alchemist as well (and what about Nasum, Haemorrhage, Disharmonic Orchestra, Holy Moses, etc.?!)?! I'd love to supply the questions for these!!!

quote:
And yes, Scott Ian was like a damn robot with his answers.
It seemed almost as if he resented the fact that I wanted to know what was up with S.O.D.

Yes, that probably was his problem ... I'm still disappointed that he just shut off the official S.O.D.-website. But in a recent Anthrax-Interview I read that at least Charlie is in good terms with Billy again so maybe there is still hope after all!

quote:
Kinda irritating, if you ask me...

Yeah, that whole business about the VH1-show sucked!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan