my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » I don't wanna see Ozzy! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: I don't wanna see Ozzy!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 05, 2003 22:40     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So, Voivod is opening for Ozzy on the Canadian tour, eh? I really don't care for Ozzy. He does the same fucking songs all the time...I mean, he's touring in support of a best of CD! How lame is that? I think all of us would rather see Voivod do a HEADLINING spot in a smaller venue. And Finger Eleven? Blah! They suck!
Bottom line is I'm not sure I want to pay $50.00 to see Voivod do a 40 minute set. Is there anyone else who agrees that this sucks? Or am I just bitching coz I'm a fucking bitch?

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 05, 2003 23:21     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the beauty of Voivod as an opener; we get to leave right after they are finished.

I hope they get the middle slot though. I can't imagine Voivod going on in front of Finger Eleven.

I'd much rather see them in a club, but after 10 years, I'd take what I could get. I'd pay double the face value to see them in front of a huge crowd again, with Snake (quadruple if Blacky...).

Unfortunately, neither the Ozzy tour or Ozzfest are coming within 400 miles of here.

Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted March 05, 2003 23:24     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it really sucks! I want to see Voivod! NOT OZZY!
Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted March 06, 2003 03:38     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Firstly, It's great to know that Voivod are opening for Ozzy, and I sincerely hope that his evil child Jack O' signs them up for Ozzfest UK on the main stage and not on the support stage, cause last year at Donnington the weather sucked, so everyone crammed into the indoor second stage. Band's like Mushroomhead must have thought it was Christmas when the hall got packed out during their set.

Secondly, dont shoot down the prince of darkness so easily. Despite the massive media circus that is Ozzy these days, the poor guy is a product of his wife's agenda (much like us all with our better halves sooner or later) and I say good luck to them both. Ozzy will always have a place in my heart as a forefather of metal.

Anyone who can lose such an inspiration as Randy Rhodes and come out the other side is fine by me.

TheHade
VoivodFan
Member # 109

posted March 06, 2003 05:51     Profile for TheHade   Email TheHade     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't they scrap the tour with Nile, Napalm Death, etc. earlier this year to do a headliner-show?! And now they want to open for Ozzy?! I don't get it.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 06, 2003 07:05     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am the opinion that this Ozzfest thing was part of a bigger deal... now that Jason is going to fill in on bass for the once-madman...

I mean, Jason accepted to lend a hand IF Ozzy & Co. would take Voivod with them on the road... his goals are clear, to get Voivod some recognition... by any means apparently.

still, if they can play huge arenas, I will be all the happier.

still, who the fuck are Finger Eleven?

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted March 06, 2003 07:10     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
short of a support w/metallica, this is about the most exposure to new punters any band could hope for - the'd be insane to pass it up. it's good to see 'vod getting recognition AND making some more positive moves pr wise. both i believe are down to newsted, christ he even does site updates! it's all for the good.
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 06, 2003 07:24     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why are Voivod screwing theyre Canadian supporters so bad?

Distribution of the new CD in Canada is a mess.
The CD itself costs WAY too much in Canada.
Now, $60.00 (or whatever) for tix to an Ozzy show???

WTF???????????

Leave an American in charge and things are bound to get all fucked.

Maybe Piggy, Snake and Away need to migrate to California.
Become American Citizens.

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted March 06, 2003 07:34     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
never thought i'd live to see the day when i started dropping r'n'b quotes but......

it's all about the benjamins.

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 06, 2003 08:00     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh...some more Voivod-related & Ozzy News:

:::

OZZFEST 2003: TRUST COMPANY Moved To Main Stage - Mar. 5, 2003

According to the official Ozzfest newsletter, TRUST COMPANY — who were previously set to co-headline the second stage with CRADLE OF FILTH — have now been added to the main stage at this summer's traveling festival. As a result, Montreal's VOIVOD will go on right before second-stage headliners CRADLE OF FILTH at every show on the upcoming tour.

The bill is now as follows:

Main Stage:

OZZY
KORN
MARILYN MANSON
DISTURBED
CHEVELLE
TRUST COMPANY

Second Stage:

CRADLE OF FILTH (headliner)
VOIVOD
MEMENTO
HOTWIRE
SHADOWS FALL
GRADE 8
TWISTED METHOD
NOTHINGFACE
KILLSWITCH ENGAGE
UNLOCO
DEPSWA
MOTOGRATER
SWORN ENEMY

Ozzfest 2003 kicks off on June 28 in San Antonio, Texas.

:::

This sux and will not do.
If Voivod cant do a proper tour WITHOUT 1000 other bands...
then i wont be going.

What a fucking ripoff.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 06, 2003 08:10     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pardon my ignorance, but there is really a band named Nothingface?
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 06, 2003 08:53     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, that band Nothingface has been around for a few years. I actually ran into someone who listens to them. Needless to say, he'd never heard of Voivod.
anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted March 06, 2003 13:52     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello,
I've never been to an ozzfest--how does the second stage work? Do bands play on the second stage in between main stage band sets, or do they play at the same time? How long is an ozzfest--would there be any way to estimate what time say, voivod would play? Do they let you bring in water and food?

DrNerve
VoivodFan
Member # 199

posted March 06, 2003 17:25     Profile for DrNerve   Email DrNerve     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=voivod here are Voivod's tour dates listed...these are all obviously Ozzfest dates.
DrNerve
VoivodFan
Member # 199

posted March 06, 2003 17:28     Profile for DrNerve   Email DrNerve     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think I will wait for their own tour. This is great exposure for them though. I can't stand big festivals and almost all the bands their. At least this is a lot better than Metallica's tour with Limp Bizquick and that other really annoying band that does'nt even deserve any mention.
Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 06, 2003 18:24     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Have some sense Newsted, I mean wasn't he done like 10 years ago?

Zakk Wylde did the most awful stand alone guitar solo ever live onstage. I mean Iommi's was worse at Dio/Sabbath but he has an excuse (he's like 50). Zakk is just talentless with a capital T.

Voivod needs to have a sense of whats intense out there, and fresh.

I hate to see people have a tour or an album simply to re-market themselves to the trendy crowd like Met-gag, cough cough, and Mega- wretch gag, hack!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 06, 2003 19:59     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Somebody said something about 10 dollar tickets for the second stage of Ozzfest. Is this right??? If so, I'll catch them in Charlotte and Atlanta. But I ain't paying 70 bucks for a twenty minute set. ALright, I probably would but geeezzz that would suck. Especially having to wade through a sea of sweaty, numetal teenfucks in July. Hackkkkk!!!!!
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 06, 2003 20:16     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pup:
dont shoot down the prince of darkness so easily.

Fuck that. Ozzy sucks. I don't care if he invented the fuckin wheel, he has zero credibility in my books. He'll stumble through the same damn set he's done for the last god knows how many years. Garbage. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he went solo (not that it was really his choice), I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he dressed like a fucking transexual hooker for The Ultimate Sin album, and when the TV show came out I was like "Oh, this should be cool." Blah. Shit. The guy has no fucking spine to let his old lady run his legacy into the fucking bargain bin at Walmart like she's doing. Ozzy dolls, Ozzy, bobble-heads, OZZY FUCKING TOILET PAPER!!!

Sorry for the rant, but I'd rather see Voivod headline than do a 40 minute set opening for a has-been at $50.00 a pop. But I'll probably end up going anyway.

I'll shut up now, and let the Ozzy fans have their way with me. Be gentle.

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted March 06, 2003 20:22     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Somebody said something about 10 dollar tickets for the second stage of Ozzfest. Is this right???

The official Ozzfest says that there will be a limited amount of $10 lawn seats available at each show. I'm definitely going to try and get one of those. But if I have to pay more, that's fine...I *have* to go regardless of price. I couldn't imagine Voivod playing a mere 45 minutes away and me *not* going...even if I know it will never touch seeing the show in Hamilton last year...that one was just amazing.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 06, 2003 23:37     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by satan:
Second Stage:

VOIVOD
NOTHINGFACE

Now all we need to see is:

War and Pain, RRROOOAAARRR, Killing Technology, etc. to be added as well!

Sorry, I never thought to see voivod, and nothingface on the same bill.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 07, 2003 00:07     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NucV, everything you said about Oz was DEAD ON!!!! Thank you for not submitting to the cult of Sabbath worship that rules over metaldom.
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted March 07, 2003 10:01     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like Ozzy very much, for what he has done in the past for the metal cause (what he does today is irrelevant, BTW). That alone puts him in a high position on my book. I agree with you guys, though, that it's time for him to retire permanently. He's already become a joke, I dunno what else Mrs. Osbourne has in mind. Ruin his past history, maybe?

As for Voivod, I see (or guess) Jason's point: to make the band known to many people as possible. If the price they have to pay is to be on the opening spot for the living joke, I can live with that.

Ooops, I meant living legend...

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 07, 2003 10:10     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Thank you for not submitting to the cult of Sabbath worship that rules over metaldom.

Please don't confuse "solo Ozzy" with Black Sabbath. Black Sabbath's first incarnation deserves every ounce of credit it gets. Ozzy's solo career on the other hand, albeit lucrative, has paled in every way to his former band.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 07, 2003 10:55     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What I was talking about was the idea that just cause he sang in Sabbath, he cannot be touched critically.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 07, 2003 11:07     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree that anything he's done in the last 20 years can easily be touched critically.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan