my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Away playing drums for PARADISE ?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Away playing drums for PARADISE ?
VsGreg
VoivodFan
Member # 14

posted March 05, 2003 03:17     Profile for VsGreg   Email VsGreg     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi

I just get an email from a guy who wants to send mea cd (for a a review in my webzine).

he told me that Away is doing the drums on his CD. the name of the band is PARADISE.

Check the link here www.paradisetheband.com

Someone from Quebec could give me more infos about this band ??

|  IP: Logged
satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 05, 2003 07:23     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep. That is definitely Away on Drums.
The song samples are pretty good too.

:::

With cascading aspirations, in only six weeks, they deliver Paradise's first album composed of nine muscular songs named after Hawaiian drinks. The band benefited from the help of notorious musicians such as : Michel “Away” Langevin (Voivod), Mike Plant (Sword, Too Many Cooks) , Xavier Caféïne and Richard Eusanio. The mix and mastering were done in New-York city by Glen Robinson.

:::

http://www.paradisetheband.com/sounds.html

Jeffrey
VoivodFan
Member # 132

posted March 05, 2003 10:38     Profile for Jeffrey   Email Jeffrey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just bought the album yesterday! It is not that bad. It sounds a little bit like Motorhead. I know that Away played at the record launch, but I don't know if he is still in the band.
iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 05, 2003 15:11     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I interviewed them for my magazine, they seem pretty cool to me.

Oh wait, that got me flamed in the ANNOUNCEMENTS section before.

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 22, 2005 03:14     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
my record dealer said he's been talking with somebody from Paradise...
they were recording the second album, with Michel on drums!
?!

ok, www.paradisetheband.com says February 15th for the new album

(hey actually the site has been updated since yesterday..)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 22, 2005 20:09     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for bringing this topic back to the top, I never knew about it. I downloaded one of the songs this morning and getting the other 3 now. I enjoyed the first song, nothing groundbreaking, but good rockin tune, and the drummin ain't too bad either

I wonder if my local store will have it. What lable did it get released on?

NP: MOrdred - "mordred" early demo

--------------------

yawn

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted January 23, 2005 12:13     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've heard the first record and it ROCKS !
Really good sounding Cock ROck metal Party music ! Highly recommended !!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Va¢ärmeS
VoivodFan
Member # 47

posted January 23, 2005 23:21     Profile for Va¢ärmeS   Email Va¢ärmeS     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
The mix and mastering were done
in New-York city by Glen Robinson.

Voivod's connection at work!

--------------------

>>> C'est fini l'école...à souère c'est Voïvod! <<<
-Snake, december 1984

neutrino
VoivodFan
Member # 22

posted January 24, 2005 11:46     Profile for neutrino   Email neutrino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah nothing groundbreaking, it's only rock'n'roll...

quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I wonder if my local store will have it. What lable did it get released on?

I don't have the cd yet, but I'll probably get both in a few weeks

from a google search: it seems to be an autoproduction, on 'Mean Bucket Sounds' which is also the name of a band with the same bass player...
Ask your local store anyway (you're their best customer aren't you?), maybe they can order it

anybody in Montreal? release party feb. 18th

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 28, 2005 19:30     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Piggy is involved too......hey, how do they find time for the new VV album??

PARADISE

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan