my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Own a piece of History!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Own a piece of History!!!
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 04, 2003 23:35     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
would you like to be the new curator for this museological piece?

well, soon, you will have the chance !

this is not a fake, it is Blacky's first bass, that you can see on this old promo pic

it comes with the strap that you can also see on the pic. this is the only remaining piece of Blacky made studded leather and also the first piece he made.(he can correct me if i'm wrong)

the body sports a sticker made by Away, depicting a little demon saying "shit!". It's worn; what can i say, it's friggin' old!
(it needs some work)

another shot

and since i'm such a nice lad, i'll throw in a plectrum.

now, all proceedings from this auction will go to the help of Mr. John Max, a Montreal photographer.(incidently, if you know of a cheap 4000sq. feet loft that is habitable, drop me a line)

read up on John Max

i haven't decided yet has how to conduct the auction. either e-bay or something else, your lights on it are welcome.

oh, and if you're in Montreal and have an old battered case you can part with, you can always drop me a line admin@nutoniom.org

i can't just put a stamp on it now can i?

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 05, 2003 07:48     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's the one which recorded War & Pain???
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 07, 2003 03:09     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HAHA that picture almost looks satanic
AWAY looks like Bob Geldoff!

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 07, 2003 06:58     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
J'te donnes 20$ pour . Pis j'me force en disant 20$ .
Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted March 07, 2003 07:07     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Moi j'te donne 25$!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 07, 2003 08:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Moi j'te donne 25£!
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 07, 2003 08:08     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Moi j'te donne £25.05p!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 07, 2003 08:41     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's about $3.75 US, right?
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 07, 2003 10:28     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
pour 25$ t'as droit à un cd avec un mpg4 de moi qui la pète à coups de masse. plus un `tit morceau.

Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted March 07, 2003 17:10     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn would I love that!

Just out of curiousity Manipulator, do you know if one of the jazz pickups (specifically the one away from the bridge) was replaced? In the photo with Blacky its beige like the other. In the "product" photo it's black.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 07, 2003 17:18     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it's actually a black "hole". it wasn't taken out by me, it's "as is".
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 07, 2003 17:19     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe... you probably wouldnt love it so much if you understood what manip just said...

roughly translated:
"For 25$ you get a cd with a mpeg video of me smashing the bass to pieces with a sledgehammer... and you also get a little piece of the bass as extra"

Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted March 07, 2003 17:26     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Please please please tell me you're joking! It's still intact right? RIGHT?!
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 07, 2003 17:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Manipulator.... WTF!? I don't know if you're joking or what's going on, but why the fuck would anyone wanna do something like that!!!? That's just fucking wrong man!!! I'm appealing to you as a longtime fellow Vodfan, spare the fucking bass!!!
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 07, 2003 18:33     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe, relax, of course it's intact. i want to raise some money to help out John Max,one of Canada's greatest photographer.

the process is called transmutation.

IS ALMOST COMPLETE !!!

p.s.: will add more material on John Max soon

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted March 07, 2003 19:44     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Anyone interested in contributing to John Max can contact him here and find out how to make a donation to his eviction fund:
http://www.netspaceproject.com/john-max/contact.html

That bass isn't worth much, I would feel better if you give money directly to John Max.

Motordeth
VoivodFan
Member # 153

posted March 08, 2003 17:31     Profile for Motordeth   Email Motordeth     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
20 canadian dollars for the strap!
manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 10, 2003 16:46     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the auction is off.

it`ll take the form of a draw instead.

i have just met with John Max and realise what's needed now is some of your time, your arms and possibly your van or pick up if you got one.

I guess this will narrow it down to Montreal and area peeps, but what can i say, that's life.

Now, we have some people to pack John's stuff (which is a lot, a life time of books and photographs and documents of all sorts), we got a bunch of students who will come in and pack, but we`ll need strong men and women to actually move the whole lot to different locations within the city.

So, if you have some time to spare (and possibly a van or pick-up) drop me a line at jfs09@sympatico.ca and i'll forward you the details as they become available. John as to be out of there by april 17th, so that leaves us 3 week-ends to pack the whole shebang and move it out.

The draw will be made between all of you who will have dropped me a line and who will have showed up to put the shoulder to the wheel.

1st prize: the bass
2nd prize: the strap
3rd prize: a pair of tickets to the Voivod/Sepultura show
4th prize: a t-shirt of the gig + a blacky plectrum

bringning a van or pick-up doubles your chance.

i'll be damned if i can't bring at least four people with that.

note: we'll be moving A LOT of book boxes, if your not familliar with those, be warned, they can be heavy)

note2: if someone has some web space to store the images that were initially in this thread, it would be nice.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 10, 2003 17:04     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I guess that leaves me out. It's only 1200+ miles from here to Montreal.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan