my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » And now for a most disturbing message from that Blacker Than Blacky fellow...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: And now for a most disturbing message from that Blacker Than Blacky fellow...
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 04, 2003 19:55     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup I had a few beers with this extremely Blacker dude last weekend at his office and I swear that he played every Manowar album at high volume ever made - back to back! Not only that but he started raving that Manowar in their prime could easily kick Voivod's white ass butts right back to the provincial Quebec town they came from! I don't necessarily agree with this view held by the Blacker One about this - I have taken a vow from comparing bands with each other - but I must admit, I have always liked Manowar. Blacker for some reason, just loves this band to death! Every time I drop by his office, there is always at least 3 or 4 Manowar albums standing amongst all the other albums and C.D.'s he's currently listening to!
 |  IP: Logged
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 04, 2003 20:11     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Eric Hoffman needs to play guitar for Manowar.

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 06, 2003 02:07     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From Blacker Than Blacky's website:

Battle Hymns:
The first of nine studio albums, from 1982. Spinal Tap threw down the gauntlet and to the surprise of DICTATORS fans everywhere, Ross The Boss and Manowar ran a mile with it! Eight epic war-mongering metal anthems, including "Metal Daze", "Fast Taker", "Manowar" and "Dark Avenger", with narration by Orson Welles. Heavy shit dude!

Into Glory Ride:
Their second album, from 1983.The Gods sought to test the strength of Manowar’s steel; in the face of deception, confusion and defeat, the fallen bonded together and rose anew, stonger than before. The Gods were appeased and the prophecy of the Sacred King was fulfilled! Drink the wine of vindication! Death to False Metal! Into Glory Ride!

Fuckin A!!!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 06, 2003 08:57     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Spinal Tap should sue for defamation of character.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 06, 2003 09:15     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonxonx:
Which is where?

I did type "The Gods were appeased and the prophecy of the Sacred King was fulfilled!" in a search engine and ended up THERE...

is it the right place Indio?

why is Blacker than Blacky no longer posting btw?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan