my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New releases - March 4th

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New releases - March 4th
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted March 04, 2003 18:12     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Obviously we're all getting the new Voivod album today (if we didn't already have it). But there are some other killers due out now too. King Crimson and Opeth are two of the biggies. What do people think of these?

Best non-Vod disc I've picked up this week is the new Lightning Bolt cd "Wonderful Rainbow". Incredible bass and drums duo from Providence with an even better live show. Tons of effects and even more crushing power and virtuosity without a hint of slickness. Brutal prog like you like it.

|  IP: Logged
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 04, 2003 18:37     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the last Lightning Bolt CD. My buddy at work plays it all the time. I can't wait for the new Opeth. They're one of my favorite bands. Some other bands releasing CDs that I'm really looking forward to this year:
Iron Maiden
Cradle Of Filth
Helloween
Iced Earth
Amorphis
Finntroll
Arch Enemy
Dimmu Borgir
Into Eternity
Like I said before, I'm gonna new a second job to pay for all the CDs I want this year!

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 05, 2003 05:29     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nuclear Vampire:
Some other bands releasing CDs that I'm really looking forward to this year:

Finntroll

yes... I too am dying to hear their next effort. Midnattens Widunder was terrific, and the 2nd album too. that mix between finnish polka and black metal is cool and original IMO.

www.finntroll.net

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 05, 2003 06:40     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new King Crimson is an excellent record. I can't wait to see them live (hoping they come to the UK). I just got handed a complimentary copy of the Power To Believe Tour Box. It's basically a dvd shaped box with a cool 20 page booklet and an audio cd od interviews & demo's. Haven't listened to it yet, but it looks cool. Dunno how much they sell this for on the tour, but I hope it ain't much.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 05, 2003 08:30     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just heard a track from the new Cradle of Filth album - its pretty good! At last they've got a decent guitar sound, and the synths/orchestra/choirs are much better.

They're still nowhere near worthy of licking Emperor's spikey shoulder-pads, though!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 05, 2003 09:02     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got the entire new Cradle right here, and lemme tell you what a full-on bore it actually is. It's absolutely nothing new, other than the fact that the actual sound is better, and it's nothing but background music for the most part (nothing really comes thru the speakers that captivates your attention, basically). Midian was a better record overall.

Other upcoming stuff:

new Overkill, Killbox 13, is also kinda blah. I'll have to listen to it a few more times.

new Usurper is very, very good.

and the new Naglfar is awesome.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 05, 2003 09:39     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new Throwing Muses disc came out yesterday, so that should be in my hands before the weekend. Kristin Hersh has one of the best damn voices out there. It's very cool, jangly rock.

Any o' you Vod-ers heard them? Like them? Anyone?

*crickets chirping*

Hello?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan