my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » it is March the 4th......

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it is March the 4th......
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 04, 2003 01:27     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Give it to me.Give it to me.Give it to me.

|  IP: Logged
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 04, 2003 03:55     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it is yours to take... it is yours to take...
it is yours to take...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted March 04, 2003 05:11     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland. Except if you live behind God's back, in Finland.
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 04, 2003 07:38     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!I still haven't received my 3 track promo!!!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 04, 2003 08:21     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!! None of my bag of shite local stoes have it!!!
Bastards.
Gonna have to travel into town tonight.

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted March 04, 2003 08:26     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ... I'll get it tomorrow IF i see it ...
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 04, 2003 08:28     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
HMV better have my pre-order in today...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 04, 2003 08:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well what do you know - Virgin had it! They don't have it anymore. I have it now. damn fuck it all I only have 2 minutes to listen to it until I get home!!!
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 04, 2003 10:13     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
blast the first 2 minutes of "Strange and Ironic" then...
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 04, 2003 11:23     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Emlyn, you do know it was available in the UK yesterday (March 3rd), in Virgin?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 04, 2003 12:06     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone, good to be back (in black)!

Can't wait to get out of work and go buy the bastard!

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted March 04, 2003 12:52     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you can listen some samples on cduniverse right now... excpet for the last 5 songs

(not cool if you, like me, want to hear divine sun and strange and ironic)

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?style=MUSIC&pid=5617722&cart=139085373

Hen Manilla
VoivodFan
Member # 82

posted March 04, 2003 14:06     Profile for Hen Manilla   Email Hen Manilla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't forget about the new King Crimson! It's fantastic!!!
reallydissapointedfan
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 215

posted March 04, 2003 14:32     Profile for reallydissapointedfan   Email reallydissapointedfan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant believe that Voivod blew the chance of an awesome comeback!! Stupid, simplistic, commercial sounding riffs, some really gay lyrics by Snake. I was hoping for something like: phobos, dimension hatross, nothing face, even Angel Rat I would be happy with. I have to say that I have been a die-hard fan of voivod since killing technology and I have to say this album is a real let down and todays youth will not catch on to such crap! They really need to listen to what their fans want cuz they just are'nt doing it anymore! They lost their technical edge of that sci-fi punk thing they had at one time. I admit the later half of the album is listenable. I really find it heart breaking to be knocking my favorite band but COME ON GUYS!!!!!! If it was'nt for the new king krimson album i got today, the whole day would have been a letdown!! Anyone agree?!?!?!?!!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted March 05, 2003 01:21     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He reallydissapointed fan.

I agree that albums like KT and NF are still way better then the last one but he, Voivod grew up, they live in other times and want a commercial breakthrough.

Gotta say i am not too happy about that fact but they deserve it. We still have the other albums to listen to for years and years to come.

But i also am not sure wether the kids nowadays will pick this album up....

we'll see.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 05, 2003 01:48     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm not let down because this was the alternative to them calling it a day.

I too would have relished with great delight an album's worth of music that most people would term 'grating', 'irritating', and 'downright unlistenable', but I also understand what's going on with the band. I don't really believe that they think this will pull in the nu-metal crowd, but more the metal fans our age who are still into music and not yet into Voivod.

Who knows what the future holds? No one here would have thought that 'Nothingface" would have lead to "Angel Rat" and then "The Outer Limits". Even the fans never know quite what to expect from them and that's one of the reasons we hold this band in such esteem.

This album begins a new chapter for Voivod. It will be interesting to see how it progresses from here. This album has its shining moments and has already started to grow on me. It's easily their best work since '93.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 05, 2003 03:44     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reallydissapointedfan:
Anyone agree?!?!?!?!!

not in the least.
even if there are a few *catchy* tunes, there are also genuine Voivod patterns to be found on this record.

"Invisible Planet" and "Strange and Ironic" are definitely what I want to hear...
I wake you up... we will never have Hatröss 2 or Nothingface 2...
some music here could rank close second to those gems though, of course this is my own appreciation.

and whosoever tells me this record ain't HEAVY is obviously clowning around.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 05, 2003 08:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's much better than Outer Limits, IMO - they've got fire in their bellys here, where on that one they sounded like a band about to split.

Best since Nothingface, no doubt. (then again I ain't heard Phobos yet)

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 05, 2003 11:35     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite track is probably 'Blame Us' at the moment. Nice evil riff and meaningful lyrics. On the lyrics point, I actually thought they were very strong, definitely a 'one vision, one goal' thing. Very focused album, I thought, and it wasn't as if there was no old style stuff... spot the Hatross riff in Strange and Ironic?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan