my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New VOIVOD (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: New VOIVOD
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 03, 2003 15:15     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of the great things about the UK, I got it one day earlier than you guys. Tee hee.

My verdict? Abso-fuckin'-lutely amazing. Fast, heavy, weird, trippy, well produced... I love almost everything about it. IMHO, definitely one of their best albums, if not THE best.

What do you guys think of it?

|  IP: Logged
izgoblin
VoivodFan
Member # 178

posted March 03, 2003 16:02     Profile for izgoblin   Email izgoblin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:
There is something in there for everyone, old and newer Voivod fans will find songs they like on this new CD.

Oh my God, warcorpse, you've been converted???

I recall you were down on the 3-track promo. Very nice to hear that so many are pleased with the new disc! CD Universe shipped mine today, so hopefully it will be only another couple of days before I get to hear it in its entirety.

Cockroach
VoivodFan
Member # 115

posted March 03, 2003 17:28     Profile for Cockroach   Email Cockroach     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck, i'm broke now, can't buy it for a while. Not to mention i'm not sure when will it be available here...

Shit, is my 2nd sentence grammatically correct?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 03, 2003 18:58     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mine comes in the mail this week at some point. I've been listening to the 3 song sampler in my car at extremely high volume these past days, and I must say that I really dig it. My first impressions weren't all that favorable (didn't hate it, didn't love it), but I've taken a real liking to Gasmask and Robot. We Carry On is my least favorite, but it's not bad. Not my first choice for a single, but who cares?
iiiggg镲飏rr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 03, 2003 22:07     Profile for iiiggg镲飏rr   Email iiiggg镲飏rr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He he he!!

I've got mine since yesterday (march, 3), it was available since friday in a metal record store, and when a friend told me I couldn't believe it!

Chile is a strange place, isn't it?

C种种种种种L ALBUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 03, 2003 22:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still having trouble getting past the way Snake's vox sound...but I'm trying, dammit, I'm trying...
FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted March 03, 2003 22:40     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcloud of Deicide:
I'm still having trouble getting past the way Snake's vox sound...but I'm trying, dammit, I'm trying...

Yeah, me too. They're way up front and it seems when they go into the chorus of a song they blend better with the music? I like what I hear, it's just that the vocals are a liitle to up front in the mix for my taste.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 03, 2003 22:45     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
give it a few listen hombre, and you'll be fine.

actually, i couldn't believe how some of you were quick to bash it, as if you were all too tough to say "i like it" and pass off for suckers. i guess D.N.A got you into a frenzy. hilarious how much control ONE girl can exercise on a bunch of testosterone driven monkeys. extremely typical tho'.

iiiggg镲飏rr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 03, 2003 23:37     Profile for iiiggg镲飏rr   Email iiiggg镲飏rr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Guys!!!!!!!!
Just take a listen to "Strange and ironic" or "Divine sun", they will make you feel younger!!!

Chemically pure Voivod
god (dog?) I'm sooooooo happy!!!!!!!

FELLOW VOIVODIANS: TONIGHT WE CELEBRATE (TO THE DEATH!)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 03, 2003 23:52     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah i celebrated about a mouth ago
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted March 04, 2003 04:45     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So what are the contents of the insert???? Cool artwork? Lyrics? Photos? Propaganda? Bedtime stories? I NEED TO KNOW! ! ! ! ! !
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 04, 2003 04:55     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
My favourite bit so far is from about 1:30 into "I don't wanna wake up". That's a killer riff. Shame it's not longer! Great album all round though.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 04, 2003 06:22     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
So what are the contents of the insert???? Cool artwork? Lyrics? Photos? I NEED TO KNOW! ! ! ! ! !

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 04, 2003 07:53     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, the insert has some very cool computer-rendered Away art, a few nice photos and printed lyrics. It's very nice.
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted March 04, 2003 08:00     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
Hey, the insert has some very cool computer-rendered Amay art, a few nice photos and printed lyrics. It's very nice.

AAARRRGGGH!!!

can't wait to see it.

[EDIT: french distibutors/record vendors suck!]

space monger
VoivodFan
Member # 41

posted March 04, 2003 15:08     Profile for space monger   Email space monger     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to HMV today to hunt for it. They had it on the computer but not in stock yet, so I'm waiting for a special order phone call for it.

Thats annoying when half the music store staff I talk to have never heard the name Voivod before!

"How do you spell that? Is that one word or two? "

Hopefully soon it will arrive.

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 04, 2003 15:25     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You know, I had that exact same reaction... but funnily enough there was a guy standing behind me who said 'now that's a band I haven't heard from in a loooong time' so we had a little five-minute conversation! Which was fun.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 04, 2003 16:08     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"How do you spell that? Is that one word or two? "

That's when you say "D-I-P S-H-I-T...thats 2 words"
Yeah, most people that work at record stores now days are totally clueless when it comes to the music "we" listen to, that's why I shop online, where I can be the sales clerk and the customer at the same time.
"How are you today Mr. Schroeder?"
"Great"
"What can I help you find?"
"How about the new Voivod, and the new King Crimson?"
"Cool! Those bands are incredible, just come this way..."

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 04, 2003 16:27     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lol!
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted March 04, 2003 18:09     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Think that's funny, I've run into several people in the last week that had no idea who Jason Newsted is, let alone Voivod.

Snake is a bit loud in the mix, and has a few slightly embarassing moments. But he also has some of his most emotional lyrics and one of his strongest vocal performances on this record. There are a lot of songs here that feel "heavier" simply because the subject matter means a bit more than cyborgs fighting in post-nuclear space.

I'm still more than ready for them to get back to other dimensions though. Those final Eric demos will answer a lot of questions...

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted March 04, 2003 18:58     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I knew it.

THE DAMN RECORD STORE DIDN'T RECEIVED IT YET!

Me angry. And I live in freakin' Quebec, the land of Morgoth and of the Warriors of Ice, for Vod's sake!

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted March 04, 2003 19:55     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just checked my bank account, um!

(I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a
Voivod Disc today)

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 04, 2003 20:02     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maldoror:
the land of Morgoth!

Reminds me when I saw Morgoth with Kreator years ago, and I was standing outside by the tour-bus before Kreator went on, and I asked this dude what band he was in, and he said "Morgoth"...so I said "Mordred?"...and he goes "NNNNNOOOOOO.......MMMMMOOOOORRRRGGGOOOOTTTHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!"

So I said "chill..mutherfucker!"

Sheesh.

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted March 04, 2003 22:08     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the guy at Renaud-Bray said: "wow, voivod"

they didn't have it tho'. Even FreeSon on Mt-Royal hadn't received it either.

you're all in for a surprise by the way...

FantasticPlanet
VoivodFan
Member # 169

posted March 04, 2003 22:30     Profile for FantasticPlanet   Email FantasticPlanet     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I purchased the CD today and my first impression is not that great . I want to really like it, and there are parts that are very good, but overall I'm dissapointed. It's so simplified but it has a monster production. They've abandoned their progresssive sound and that is what I love about Voivod. They do alot of droning type riffs on this record, and it sounds good but I'm left wanting and looking for more. This is a first impression, I'll give it some time.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan