my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ted Nugent Speaks to Group on Joy of Hunting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ted Nugent Speaks to Group on Joy of Hunting
El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 03, 2003 11:17     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
APPLETON, Wis. (AP) - Rocker Ted Nugent was right at home at the annual convention of the Wisconsin Bow Hunters Association.

Nugent - a hunter, gun-rights advocate and co-author of the cookbook ``Kill It & Grill It'' - was the featured speaker Saturday as the standing-room-only crowd of about 560 people cheered when he said people against hunting are waging a war on the American dream.

``There is nothing more perfect than hunting,'' said Nugent, whose hits include ``Cat Scratch Fever.''

Nugent, who looks fit and healthy at 54, said he doesn't drink or smoke, a message he shares with schoolchildren. Nugent also criticized the idea that vegetarianism is an alternative to killing for food.

Even if you live on tofu, he said, someone has to clear a field of native vegetation to raise the beans. That field supports a complex ecosystem of plants and wild animals, Nugent said.

``If you are going to eat, something has to die,'' Nugent said.

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 03, 2003 11:40     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I enjoy how Ted always manages to cut through the crap and get right to the essence of life.

I like him more now than I did when he was just a geetar-slingin'-poon-tanger.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 03, 2003 12:11     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ted is just too funny. I don't have it in my heart to kill an animal myself, but man they sure taste good.
iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted March 03, 2003 12:39     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
come on, The Nuge.
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted March 03, 2003 13:21     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I myself, would rather eat something like "deer-meat", than processed hamburger coming from cows with 'tons' of preservatives. But then again, I am not a hunter by trade, or choice..so I guess I'll just settle for the old "whopper" instead.
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted March 03, 2003 14:41     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh puke!
Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted March 03, 2003 15:15     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Id fucking die laughing if "The Nuge" (total fucking douche bag) got torn to pieces by an animal while hunting.
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 03, 2003 15:18     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mmmmmm... deeeer... *slobber*

satan
VoivodFan
Member # 35

posted March 04, 2003 07:29     Profile for satan   Email satan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would like to hunt Humans.
Two in particular come to mind.

Nothingface...HatrossRig...
Are you guys gonna be busy this Weekend?

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted March 04, 2003 11:37     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee hee. Go Satan go!

There is nothing wrong with vegetarianism. For a start, it tastes nicer...

VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted March 04, 2003 11:45     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lycanthropy:
There is nothing wrong with vegetarianism. For a start, it tastes nicer...

GAHHH! No way! A nice rack of pork ribs in some tasty B-B-Q tastes better than lima beans... and it's well worth having a thick layer of fat lining my heart *choke*

El Indio
VoivodFan
Member # 18

posted March 04, 2003 19:25     Profile for El Indio   Email El Indio     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Alright Kane! I totally agree with you about deer meat! Almost nothing beats venison! Except for perhaps a good T-Bone steak with all the trimmings washed down with a good beer! Mmm!!!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan