my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VIZ!!!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VIZ!!!!!
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 27, 2003 18:31     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thinking of Kerrang! magazine (in another thread) brought another distinctly Brit mag to mind - VIZ. Any Viz readers out there? Boy, give me a few panels of 'The Vibrating Bum-Faced Goats' or 'Felix and his Amazing Underpants' and I'm on the floor.

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 28, 2003 05:02     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roger Irrelevent (he's completley hatstand) was my favourite from Viz. One episode saw him berating a vacuum cleaner for "being out all night stapling bacon to the pavement. Tsk!"
Genius!

JETHRO
VoivodFan
Member # 11

posted February 28, 2003 07:22     Profile for JETHRO   Email JETHRO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's fat Slags all the way,

"'ere, hold me chips while I 'ave a shag"

classic.

iancstewart
VoivodFan
Member # 212

posted February 28, 2003 10:18     Profile for iancstewart   Email iancstewart     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Biffa Bacon all the way. Needlessly violent.

And has anybody heard the "Bags Of Fun With Buster" single by XTC members? I probably just crossed some sort of line by referencing XTC here - sorry everybody!

And the Swearasaurus is fucking brilliant. I get all my new vocabulary from there. My favorite was "dimmocks" aka Palm Ticklers. (a woman with small breasts and pokey nips, a al Charlie Dimmock from BBC's Ground Force.)

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 28, 2003 11:02     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nothing beats Eight Ace!
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 28, 2003 11:30     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You remember his arch enemy Cider Woman?!
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 01, 2003 01:47     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
::renames this thread::

"Ye Olde Brit-Pub of Irreverent Frivolity"

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 03, 2003 08:48     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
No h, I missed Cider Woman. I bought VIz when I was about 14 and only saw it again the other day. Modern Parents was always a highlight, eclipsed by Victorian Dad and Thieving Gypsy Bastards.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan