my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The horror that is the music industry

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The horror that is the music industry
Foot
VoivodFan
Member # 60

posted February 26, 2003 17:54     Profile for Foot   Email Foot     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What the fuck is wrong with people?!!!
 |  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 26, 2003 18:14     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds like a good idea to me. I like that people will get the music they like without having to deal with any of the guess work that's usually involved in buying music. This way we will all end up liking the same stuff too. What could be better than that? Positive vibes, all round.*

*This message brought to you by the Positive Action Committee for Positive Thought ~we like it all!~

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 27, 2003 04:01     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
still I wonder why they are using the word "music"... it could easily be replaced by any mass consumption product.

at least everyone will get something in accordance to their tastes... give'em some Voivod patterns...

still I wonder what kind of *mathematical patterns and structures* would come out of Piggy's chords...

quote:
Polyphonic also has begun to experiment with the technology at the production level of music creation...the application adds to the creative process by isolating the important attributes of the music which will allow new sounds and styles to flourish.

reminds me of the following...
============================================
Yes that's right, [punk] is dead
It's just another cheap product for the consumers head
Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors
Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters
[CBS promote the Clash]
Ain't for revolution, it's just for cash
[Punk] became a fashion just like hippy used to be
Ain't got a thing to do with your or me
Movements are systems and systems kill
Movements are expressions of the public will
[Punk] became a movement cos we all felt lost
Leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost
[Punk] narcissism was a social napalm
[Steve Jones] started doing real harm
Preaching revolution, anarchy and change
Sucked from the system that had given him his name
Well I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass
Tired of staring up a superstars arse
I've got an arse and crap and a name
I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame
[Steven Jones], you're napalm
If you're so pretty vacant, why do you smarm?
[Patti Smith], you're napalm, your write with your hand
But it's Rimbaud's arm
And me, yes, I, do I want to burn?
Is there something I can learn?
Do I need a business man to promote my angle
Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle
I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear
The social elite with safetypins in their ear
I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing
The scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting
(CRASS)
=============================================

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 27, 2003 06:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, those guys just found a way to make money quickly. They're appealing to the greed of the big producers, who obviously have swallowed the bait. I don't think this will change anything - the same people who buy the 'hippest' and 'coolest' music will continue to do so, and those anti-social, dirty rotten morons who don't understand the value of that great music continue to buy that pitiful crap they call 'underground music'

I bet that company is going to milk the music business until the Harmageddon, they'll just release newer "more accurate and up-to-date" versions of their software each year. This will also enable the evil CEOs to fire their 'club scouts' and trend consultants, because they think that program already gives them all the necessary info. Well done Polyphonic! You're just convinced the greedy bastards to replace the brainless wimps with an artificial brainless wimp and you're probably making a hellofalot of money with that too! Hahahaha!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 27, 2003 11:18     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I f**king hate it that these morons are obsessed with 'hits'. F**K! What happened to the days when it was about personal expression through music? Almost any music will connect with somebody, even if it's not millions of people. If this 'technology' gets widespread use, you can say goodbye to a lot of prospective bands and releases, because now EVEN LESS people will be willing to take a f**king chance...

F**K the music industry!

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 27, 2003 11:40     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and you know what they said? Well, some of it was true!

you have been robotised !!!

i think my TV algorhythm is fucked.

anything
VoivodFan
Member # 209

posted February 27, 2003 14:32     Profile for anything   Email anything     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi,
where does this post start? I want to read the stuff about Polyphonic, I gather it's some new software to guess at and make music that will be popular? Sounds creepy!

manipulator
VoivodFan
Member # 12

posted February 27, 2003 14:48     Profile for manipulator   Email manipulator     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
www.polyphonichmi.com/

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan