my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod at Ozzfest!! (?)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod at Ozzfest!! (?)
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 25, 2003 14:03     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From the Chophouse to the street team:

"Metal Workers :

First word to you guys - VOIVOD has been added to the line-up for this year's
Ozzfest 2003. Official press release to be sent out shortly. Just wanted all of
you to know first! So, tour mid-April to mid-May. Then, Ozzfest 2003!

March FORTH !!!

Steve at The Chophouse "

Exposure is the operative in Jasonic-Era Voivod, and here it is.
I expect we may be seeing some new faces in here in the coming months.
I just hope they can make it to all of our cities before this.

|  IP: Logged
farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted February 25, 2003 14:22     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yikes ....this sucks, theres like NO good bands on Ozzfest this year, but now I might have to go.

fuck

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 25, 2003 15:08     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man... I really don't wanna have to see Disturbed or any of the other shite bands at this years Ozzfest! Fuck that!
But then again... I REALLY wanna see Voivod.. damn...

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted February 25, 2003 18:08     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh for 50 bucks you get 5 hours of shite, and 1 hour of Vod, no thanks!

I'll hold out for the club dates.

Arena tours suck anyhow.

tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted February 25, 2003 18:19     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well, they aren't the greatest but due to enjoying hardcore somewhat, the second stage has atleast become adequate for me as now it includes:

cradle of filth
voivod
killswitch engage
sworn enemy
and shadows fall

still by far not worth the money except if you can get one of the limited 10 dollar lawn seats that will be available

please, I hope voivod come to arizona as part of their headlining tour.

Gorf
VoivodFan
Member # 119

posted February 25, 2003 19:56     Profile for Gorf   Email Gorf     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think Voivod should cancel the Ozzfest out of general principle. most of those hacks are wannabes and fraudulent metal bands.

Why legitimize a bunch of assholes?

Its like Jeneane Garofalo going on Bill O Reilly

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 26, 2003 00:37     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know why, three words:

EX-POS-URE

Just by being on the bill people will check them out, even if they don't see them live. Guess I'm going to Ozzfest this year, will be my first.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted February 26, 2003 01:19     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ozzfest never comes close to New Orleans and this year is no exception.

In addition, I'm used to getting to talk to the band after shows. Very unlikely we'll get that chance in the sea of mullets.

tattooedsean777
VoivodFan
Member # 128

posted February 26, 2003 03:45     Profile for tattooedsean777   Email tattooedsean777     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think if ozzfest was to continue bringing some real metal bands onto it's setup, even with some crappy bands, that it is much different than to pick too of the current trendy bands to tour so that the youngins will give your music a chance.
I still say ozzfest is far far far from the best but it is slowly bringing back the non-trendy bands back on board.
Say what you want but voivod are getting more exposure and if a few kids who might not have heard of them gets to see them and is then curious to buy the whole catalog then it is a job well done.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted February 26, 2003 08:57     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well if Ozzfest UK ever finally sort out some dates, then I'll pay the money just for 'Vod
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 26, 2003 11:21     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heres hoping for a UK club gig or two!
izgoblin
VoivodFan
Member # 178

posted February 27, 2003 12:25     Profile for izgoblin   Email izgoblin     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is ... uh... shocking.

I just told my brother that I didn't want to attend any more Ozzfest shows because all the bands suck and Ozzy can't sing anymore.

Looks like I may have to see one more show...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan