my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » actual sleeve art...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: actual sleeve art...
The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 24, 2003 06:04     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know you don't fucking care but I know how "Voivod"'s sleeve looks like.

easier to locate in the store.

to the death!

|  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 24, 2003 06:27     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
......aaaand you are gonna show it to us.....
when?

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 24, 2003 12:11     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here it is! Thanks for the email Outcast!

Still looking fairly minimalist to me... Ho-hum. Opinions?

Seb YB1
VoivodFan
Member # 129

posted February 24, 2003 12:21     Profile for Seb YB1   Email Seb YB1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Minimalist yeah, but with Jason's explanations, this is more acceptable and I think this is pretty cool, just a kind of Korgüll logo but with the concept of the album, a Voivodian spider...

"Our Milky Way galaxy in this universe is one of 13 universes that make up the multiverse. So it goes on and on. Each one of these universes is controlled by one spider, one great giant spider, and in our particular universe the constellations and the planets and everything are just hanging on the threads of the web of our spider. It’s just this giant creature that makes sure it’s all glued together and, if necessary, to make more web as the universe expands to the next universe and so on"...

"The spider is our mascot and the spider is in the film. Basically, you watch the band through the spider’s eyes. It’s pretty wicked."

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 24, 2003 12:39     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This album rocks. I was gonna rely on internet store delivery to get a copy, as it's usually cheaper, but fuckkit - I'm gonna induldge in the british art of queing first thing on monday morning outside my local record shop. As for the cover - it'll do for me. I already have 3 copies of Dimension Hatross! I don't need another... although it would be nice!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 24, 2003 16:59     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still ugly. What else can I say? The album is promising, but the cover sucks!

But, as h stated, it's all about the riffs, I'm not going to buy the album for the cover anyway.

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 24, 2003 18:17     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Here it is! Thanks for the email Outcast!

Still looking fairly minimalist to me... Ho-hum. Opinions?

Yeah, Outcast - thanks!
Didn't expect a hand delivery...

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 24, 2003 18:20     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
This album rocks. I was gonna rely on internet store delivery to get a copy, as it's usually cheaper, but fuckkit - I'm gonna induldge in the british art of queing first thing on monday morning outside my local record shop. As for the cover - it'll do for me. I already have 3 copies of Dimension Hatross! I don't need another... although it would be nice!

HAHA! True enough! I'll also just going to be buying this one from a local store! Carrying a $20 bill in my wallet for the occasion...

andikrist
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 208

posted February 24, 2003 19:42     Profile for andikrist   Email andikrist     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just got a 3 song advace cd of the new album - "Gasmask Revival" kinda boring, but the other songs "Rebel Robot" and "We Carry On" are pretty good. New bass player has a good tone. I'll be at the record store next Tuesday to buy it, even if the cover art kinda blows...
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 25, 2003 11:14     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The world's dream, endless... something? My German ain't too sharp I'm afraid.
farside
VoivodFan
Member # 193

posted February 25, 2003 11:32     Profile for farside   Email farside     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It says ...The space, endless expanses
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted February 25, 2003 12:03     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The cover remind me of Voivod Lives. Is it the same red ?
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 25, 2003 15:11     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Okay, so my German is terrible!

I like that cover. Very striking, and at least it's better than Anthrax's new one IMO...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan