my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Gathering

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Gathering
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted February 20, 2003 12:32     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there, did anyone hear the new album from the Gathering yet ( is it already out ???)

if so how does it sound because Voivodfans should pay interest in this album 'cause our beloved PIGGY is playing on two songs of the album.....

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 20, 2003 12:43     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I haven't heard this yet... Of course I will pick it up at some point here! I wonder how much of a solo Piggy plays on this record?
Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 20, 2003 13:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yah, Souvenirs... it's good.. a bit more electronic than the other ones, but i kinda like it. It's no Mandylion but it's good. Is it out? No idea.

As far as Piggy playing on the record, i dont think it happened, after all. I cant detect him on the record, anyway.

guidon
VoivodFan
Member # 137

posted February 20, 2003 15:13     Profile for guidon   Email guidon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't know they were still around... Only heard 'Always' and that one is probably 10 yrs old already...
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 21, 2003 04:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
'Souvenirs' is already out in some European countries, the Scandinavian release (I live in Finland) should happen next week. I still have no information about Piggy's participating on the songs, but it's a fucking shame if that didn't happen.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted February 21, 2003 05:21     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A friend of mine has a promo copy. It doesn't mention Piggy on it. I had a quick half listen and couldn't pick him out. Could have been on one of the tracks I didn't hear though. I like the Gathering's recent stuff ('Mandylion' to '...Planet') but on the inital listen I didn't like this one so much. But again, I didn't hear much of it.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 27, 2003 15:28     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least it's out now here in Holland. Bought the album an hour ago and listening to it right now. I like it thus far. Piggy's not playing on it. That's a shame. The songs are great however. It's quite a dark and atmospheric album. I have to get into it some more.

With this album, and new albums by VoiVod, King Crimson, Enslaved and Solefald on the way, it's about time I get myself a CD changer.

Jeffs
VoivodFan
Member # 164

posted March 05, 2003 15:22     Profile for Jeffs   Email Jeffs     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think this band is brilliant.
I've never heard anyone sing like Anneke can sing. Very natural and emotional.
There new one Souvenirs is quite a bit different approach, more "pop" sounding with less guitar, but lots of atmosphere, and it's very original and catchy.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted March 05, 2003 16:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yah... most guys like the Gathering ONLY for the music *rolls his eyes*....

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan