my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Ozzfest 2003

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2003
Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted February 19, 2003 19:34     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the lineup according to the Ozzfest
e-mail I received:
Ozzy (w/Zakk, Trujillo. Bordin)
Korn
Marilyn Manson
Disturbed
Chevelle

The proceedings will begin at 5 pm on
the mainstage if any of you care about
this. Among the second stage performers:
Cradle of Filth (headliners), Shadows Fall,
Killswitch Engage. I dunno. Every year I
think the lineup will improve. The last
couple of years haven't been worth spending
all that cash for to me. I read that Sabbath
were to hookup again this year for the
Ozzfest. That looks like irresponsible
rumour now.

|  IP: Logged
Nate Carson
VoivodFan
Member # 97

posted February 20, 2003 05:08     Profile for Nate Carson   Email Nate Carson     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never thought an Ozzfest was worth seeing. Although I got to see Sabbath separately or else I might have had to.

Ozzfest sucks. The Osbournes have so incredibly much power and they only use it to promote commercial crap. There are so many other tours and festivals more worth being a part of.

K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 20, 2003 07:40     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Only go and see Marilyn Manson.

The rest of the bill is lame as hell.
I'm suprised P.O.D. or Creed arent there too.

DrNerve
VoivodFan
Member # 199

posted February 20, 2003 11:55     Profile for DrNerve   Email DrNerve     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
all of those bands blow. no thanks
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted February 20, 2003 12:21     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I went to Ozzfest 1999 primarily to see Black Sabbath, which was totally worth the hassle, but I generally hate going to such massive stadium shows and tour packages. Especially when a majority of the bands suck as is the case w/Ozzfest.

Club shows are where it's at! Less money, better bands, cooler crowds, a more intimate vibe... It takes bands like Sabbath or King Crimson to get me to pay the big bucks!

Layla's Dad
VoivodFan
Member # 48

posted February 20, 2003 15:50     Profile for Layla's Dad   Email Layla's Dad     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yea, of course this is a lame lineup. I'm pretty sure that Ozzy didn't put it together. Who should get the blame because the Ozzfest lineup doesn't cater to "real" metal fans? I left my email at the Ozzfest site hoping that this would be the year that it would be a kickass bill, top to bottom. It's the worst ever though. I would have went if Sabbath were reuniting again. I went twice for that & enjoyed it very much. Two years ago I spent most of my day sitting in the concourse watching girls and other characters go by (it's always entertaining to see guys walk by with corpsepaint, gloves, and leather trenchcoats when the heat index is 105 degrees) while sipping on $5 beers.
Metallica gets hammered pretty good when they announce lame lineups like this. Should we hammer Ozzy also? The musical output of both is less than desirable since the '80s for most of us. Metallica catches more hell for this type of thing it seems like. Is it more respect for Ozzy? The Napster thing? The fact Jason is in Voivod now? I don't know, but it seems like Metallica has really took it on the chin verbally from all of us more since '91.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 20, 2003 16:36     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cradle Of Filth rules. The rest of the lineup sucks.
LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 20, 2003 16:43     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, don't get me started on Disturbed. I'm sure Satan has a section of Hell already waiting for THOSE guys come Judgement Day...

LD, it's probably because, as you say, Ozzy doesn't choose the bill. Hell, he probably has no idea who else is playing (sorry Mr. Osbourne, sir). Also because Metallica, and Lars in particular, seem to have become the figureheads for 'sellout metal'.

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted February 20, 2003 19:49     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The lineup is chosen almost solely by Ozzy's son Jack.
DrNerve
VoivodFan
Member # 199

posted February 20, 2003 21:50     Profile for DrNerve   Email DrNerve     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that explains it
BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 20, 2003 22:51     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Kula:
I'm suprised P.O.D. arent there too.

I hate p.o.d. (and not just because they are "christian rap-rock" band or whatever they are)
I could never get into that rap/rock connection anyway...

And then all of a sudden their song called "Alive" came along!!!

I was actually blown away with the groove and heaviness of it, and especially the immensely awesome and very catchy chorus it had!!

Easily one of the best songs of last year, IMHO!

...and then soon after came along "Youth of the Nation", I was quickly back to hating p.o.d.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan