my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Newbie here

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Newbie here
Floydian
VoivodFan
Member # 198

posted February 19, 2003 15:30     Profile for Floydian   Email Floydian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello...I new to this board having been referred to it by Nuclear Vampire. I'm actually from India and am a Grad student here in the United States. Some of my favourite bands are Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Velvet Underground, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult, Jefferson Airplane, Can, Hawkwind, Doors, The Who, obscure 60s psych music, 70s Prog Rock, metal, blues, jazz, Dead...Allman Bros types of bands etc and of course Voivod. I still don't have 3 of Voivod's albums but my admiration for them grows day by day. Looking forward to having a great time here
 |  IP: Logged
nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 19, 2003 15:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey there Floydian. You have extremely limited taste in music, I see. Just kidding! Just out of curiousity, what are your studying in grad school?
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted February 19, 2003 15:53     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell-o, Floydian. What got you into Voivod?
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 19, 2003 16:42     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Willkommen! Welcome! Welkom! Bonjour! Ni Hao!
This is a very nice forum. It is in fact the only VoiVod-forum in which more than 50 percents of the users are actually VOIVODFANS. Appreciation of any kind of music is accepted here, from Country to Death Metal, it seems. so enjoy. And have a beer.

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 19, 2003 16:45     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Floydian! You made it! I think you'll enjoy it here. Lots of folks with very open minds ( towards music anyways ). Topics are quite varied as I'm sure you've seen. Not a lot of Manowar appreciation threads here. Although I'm sure there must be at least one fan here. Ummm.....maybe not.
Make sure you check out the new downloads section. Some awesome videos to be found.
Welcome aboard!

LyKcantropen
VoivodFan
Member # 162

posted February 19, 2003 16:54     Profile for LyKcantropen   Email LyKcantropen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Howdy duder!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 19, 2003 17:02     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome aboard, Floydian! Your musical taste seems so accurate. But, there is something missing in there, that's for sure.

Do you like Angel Rat?

Floydian
VoivodFan
Member # 198

posted February 19, 2003 17:06     Profile for Floydian   Email Floydian     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thank you all. It's great to see the diverse tastes of Voivod fans here...as expected

To answer your questions, I'm doing my Grad studies in Electrical Engineering. About to finish my Masters...but not sure whether to carry on for a Ph.D

As to Voivod, I became a fan of them when I was in my metal and Prog Rock years. Heard the cover of Astronomy Domine and was hooked instantly. Though I'll admit that they weren't my favourites. I bought Killing Technology and Dimension Hatross and loved them too. They were just another band to me since I was busy digging into prog and metal and especially since I didn't like Angel Rat. Only 3-4 years back, I realized that Angel Rat was excellent. I bought Phobos last year and I honestly think that it is a brilliant album. This led me to get Negatron this year and though I didn't like it as much as the other albums, I guess it'll grow on me. I think Nothingface is probably the most "progressive" metal album ever done. The riffs sound like those created from an abstract version of Robert Fripp, though I know Voivod are impossible to compare to. I still haven't gotten to buy War and Pain, Rrooarrrrr and Outer Limits

code
VoivodFan
Member # 192

posted February 19, 2003 17:33     Profile for code   Email code     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome mate! Well, you should buy Outer Limits ASAP. Its an awesome record! Its like a rougher and more complex Angel Rat. Voivods most space influenced record to date.
My favorite Vod record of them all.

cya all!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 19, 2003 17:43     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's interesting Floyd.

And welcome to you too, Code. Are you jumping off the mother ship?

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 19, 2003 19:39     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted February 20, 2003 07:49     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hello! Welcome!

Everyone here is crazy, except for me of course.

You mentioned HAWKWIND. KILLER!
One of my fav bands.

Stick around & feel free to post about anything.
(Except the Band Electric Light Orchestra.
Boy did i get reamed for THAT one!)

Marginal
VoivodFan
Member # 116

posted February 20, 2003 13:05     Profile for Marginal   Email Marginal     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Eeeeeevil woman !

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan