my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » In The Flat Field

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: In The Flat Field
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted February 19, 2003 07:42     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi guys, I'm a old goth (don't spit on me, please from Italy.Just some words to say:I ever love Voivod for the atmosphere they put on music...and when I have found the cover of "in the flat field" on this forum, believe me, a tear crumbling down on my face:°) One of my favpourite bands of ever made a cover of another of my favourite band of ever!!!and they'll make so well!!!!!Wonderful! ))

And for Blacky:I have some ld pictures of you in some italian '80 metal magazines, where you have shirts of "alien sex fiend" or the Rozz Williams"only theatre of pain".So you are a goth/thrasher? )))

ok, sorry for my horrible english!!!
Max

|  IP: Logged
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 19, 2003 08:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey, you're welcome here! What do you mean by "don't spit on me"? The folks here are very friendly, trust me. I even posted an "Are you gay?" -test here once and people still read my pathetic babblings occassionally!

And don't worry about the English language. Most people here post in French nowadays...

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted February 19, 2003 08:20     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe thank you!
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted February 19, 2003 08:48     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the best Voivod's forum and website!
I don't think anyone will spit on you here, look around and you'll see many nice people, great articles and interviews, images, download, links, etc. etc...

Ci sono anche altri Italiani qui, Druillet e Marco, che io sappia.
Controlla nell'elenco dei post, in quello dal titolo "voivod in Italy"...
Di sicuro saprai che il 4 marzo uscira' il nuovo album e che e' sato distribuito un promo con 3 canzoni, sei arrivato in un momento particolare...
Una curiosita', arrivi dal sito ufficiale o hai trovato subito questo?

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted February 19, 2003 09:04     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...Of course

no, sono arrivato qua grazie ad un tipo gentilissimo che ho incrociato su Soulseek. So del nuovo album e me lo sto gia scaricando, anche se poi tanto appena esce me lo compro(potere del collezionismo )
Il sito ufficiale...uhm....non lo seguo piu'...è sempre"indietro", questo e' moooolto meglio

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted February 19, 2003 09:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
And don't worry about the English language. Most people here post in French nowadays...

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted February 19, 2003 09:13     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry about your age either... We're pretty old around here... Are we?! Or it's just me?!
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted February 19, 2003 09:18     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh no, I'm only 26
I say older because, fortunally, I've started to listen to music when I was a baby the first album i've buy, in 1985, is "the number of the beast" with the money i've made selling my toys at my friends at school, hihihi!!!It's unbelieveble, i know, but is real

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 19, 2003 09:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome 13! Yes, you've reached the best site for VoiVod on the net. Be sure to add your opinion on the Johhny Cash vs. George Jones thread, perhaps the most intriquing discussion going on right now.
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 19, 2003 10:25     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Goo to have you here, 13, even if it does mean we now have Italian to translate as well as French!

Send those Blacky pics to Warcorpse, the Webmaster General here, and he'll post them for everyone to see. You can't have enough pictures of Blacky, I say. Except if they are of him in tight shorts, in which case please don't.

The Neverman
VoivodFan
Member # 4

posted February 19, 2003 10:32     Profile for The Neverman   Email The Neverman     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
welcome aboard 13-34!
always good to see more european vodheads.

sono molto contento that you enjoyed the Bauhaus cover... it was me who sent it to Warcorpse in the first place!

cheers mate!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted February 19, 2003 12:47     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 13-34:
...Of course

no, sono arrivato qua grazie ad un tipo gentilissimo che ho incrociato su Soulseek. So del nuovo album e me lo sto gia scaricando, anche se poi tanto appena esce me lo compro(potere del collezionismo )
Il sito ufficiale...uhm....non lo seguo piu'...è sempre"indietro", questo e' moooolto meglio

HEY! 13!
I am no good at translating, but by picking out the word "Soulseek" I remembered our conversation there.

Welcome aboard!

I am glad you showed up, and bearing gifts no less!

Enjoy your stay here at the 'Vod Hotel:

- please don't leave a mess for the housekeeper
- puffy shirts may only be worn when discussing Angel Rat.

hehe I think he called me a "gentilissimo"
heheh yeah hehe

oh, that's right - he's a Goth...

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted February 19, 2003 15:16     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'ts fine to see you again )) thanx a lot for give me the url of this fantastic voivod site )))
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted February 19, 2003 16:27     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welkom op dit maffe forum. Ok, niemand begrijpt hier een ruk van, maar 't schijnt toch een trend te zijn om in de eigen taal te lullen, dus waarom niet 's een stukje Nederlands tussendoor?
Translation: ________________________________________________________*************___________________******_________***_______- .

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted February 19, 2003 16:49     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Welcome to the fold. It's a great place here. Everyone has different tastes in music so there's NO BASHING which is nice.

Have fun!

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted February 19, 2003 17:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AR, wtf did you do to this topic? lol!

Good music is good music. Why do you think Voivod ripped off Stravinsky? heh.

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted February 24, 2003 09:32     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wella wella wella

An old goth? Welcome.
You might be the perfect person to remind me which Bauhaus album is "Nerves" from? I used to cover it with my old band, but since then I've only got the best of Vol I and II. And another thing, do you know where I can pick up the instrumental to the Mission's love me to death? I heard it was on the back of a 12" (maybe tower of strength?)but I wanna get a copy on cd?

Cheers

Imran X
VoivodFan
Member # 17

posted February 24, 2003 13:25     Profile for Imran X   Email Imran X     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
"Nerves" is on In The Flat Fields.
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted February 24, 2003 17:38     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You can find "nerves" on "in the flat field"album.Originally came out with inner sleeve and 9 songs.Reissued on cd with several tracks from singles of the 1980 era with the 4ad recording.You cn find an early version of nerves on the cd"live in the studio".the cd come out with a book called"behind the mask".For the mission tracks, you can find what you want using programs like Soulseek.The tracks you searchin' aren't rarities.Good search!
Max 13-34

Pup
VoivodFan
Member # 124

posted February 25, 2003 04:03     Profile for Pup   Email Pup     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool beans - just got paid so I'm off shopping

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan