my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod on VH1 Classic

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod on VH1 Classic
spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted February 17, 2003 20:21     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VH1 Classic showed "Tribal Convictions" near the end of today's "Metal Mania" show.

The good news is that VH1 Classic repeats their shows once or twice a day. The bad news is that the "Metal Mania" show gets rebroadcast during the night (2am, to be exact). It was the next-to-last video, right after Iron Maiden's "Can I Play With Madness".

Sure, I've got the video on tape and all, but it was just so great to actually see it being broadcast on TV. Know what I mean?

|  IP: Logged
VodFan
VoivodFan
Member # 201

posted February 17, 2003 21:21     Profile for VodFan   Email VodFan     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is VH1 the only channel where they show videos like that? I have about 10 different freaking music channels and none of them play any heavy metal... Not the good old stuff like Maiden or Voivod. They can't seem to get enough of that Limp Bizkit sh... stuff though.

Everyone I know except for me all get vh1. Am I really missing something?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 17, 2003 21:46     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MTV plays metal videos all the time, Voivod, Maiden, Queensryche, Rainbow, Helloween, Armored Saint, Megadeth, you name it... it's so cool, I could spend hours just watching all the great metal vids.

OOPS Sorry, I had a flashback to the 80's before cRAP took over.

BlackCloud
VoivodFan
Member # 122

posted February 17, 2003 21:52     Profile for BlackCloud   Email BlackCloud     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
OOPS Sorry, I had a flashback to the 80's before cRAP took over.

Actually mtv2 has that new program on late nights (11:30 p.m. pt) called "extreme metal" which isn't too bad.

spudboy
VoivodFan
Member # 78

posted February 17, 2003 22:57     Profile for spudboy   Email spudboy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VH1 Classic is a separate channel from regular VH1.

VH1 Classic shows only videos from the 60's, 70's, and 80's (mostly 80's, it seems). It seems to be on a lot of digital cable systems (that's how I get it).

They have a show that airs several times a week called "Metal Mania", which can be cool (it can also be lame sometimes...i.e., lots of Poison). This is the first time I've seen Voivod on there, though. Hopefully not the last.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan